No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 2015 State of Origin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22721 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  14:21:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The teams for the first match have been named.

DCE is subject to a medical and scans as he hurt his shoulder last night in Manly's loss to the Panthers

The losers:

Josh Dugan, Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Will Hopoate, Mitchell Pearce, Trent Hodkinson, Aaron Woods, Robbie Farah (capt), James Tamou, Ryan Hoffman, Beau Scott, Josh Jackson. Interchange: Boyd Cordner, Trent Merrin, Andrew Fifita, David Klemmer.

The winners:

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges,Will Chambers, Jonathon Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cam Smith (capt), Nate Myles, Aidan Guerra, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker, Daly Cherry-Evans, Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Jacob Lillyman, Dylan Napa.

Lots of changes in the NSW team and minimal for Qld.

Let the games begin!

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 19 May 2015 14:23:11

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 May 2015 :  18:10:01  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm excited.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7454 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  06:22:15  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nearly all of NSW trades are well warranted though. If we chose Reynolds we'd be joking ourselves. Personally, I would've gone with the Maloney/Pearce combo, but loyalty lies with Hodkinson. The only real omission I see is Luke Lewis, Loz decided to go with Josh Jackson as the versatile player instead.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22721 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  18:03:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon Luke Lewis could consider himself very unlucky for you blokes!
I'm glad he's not in the team from a Qld point of view.

A bit quiet in here with 24 hours to go!

Are they on their backs already?

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 26 May 2015 21:33:58
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10766 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  01:22:49  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Come on NSW! Don't let those Queenslanders continue this "one in a row" line.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22721 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  08:23:13  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't you mean "the gap year?"
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1714 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  19:04:24  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!........................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  21:12:05  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Go Blues !!!

AAARGH !! Wasted half of footy by NSW, we're lucky the scoreline wasn't worse !!

Edited by - spoonster05 on 27 May 2015 22:11:49
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16218 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  22:15:15  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have never seen so many poor decisions by a single football team in 10 years.

NSW needs to go back and look at how not to lose a football match, that second half was ****ing woefull!!

Another series victory to Queensland, and its only the first game, and already I am calling it!!

Dumb decisions lose games!!

Sticking to your game plan wins them, congrats Queensland!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22721 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  22:17:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ONE

Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  22:19:34  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They may as well of sent the Tuggerah U19 squad in for that second half effort

Congrats to Queensland, hopefully we cn string a full 80 minute game together for Game 2 in Melburg

Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  22:22:28  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well done Qld.

It would of been 100 nil to Qld without Farah there.

Farah and Matt Scott were massive.

L.G. i'm still waiting for NSW to run out there huge young mobile forward pack who were going to run all over 'Dads Army' lol.

Justin was by far the best center on the field, to that NSW journo that said "It's disrespectful to Qld fans to have Justin in the team" well old mate eat ****.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10766 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  00:57:15  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bloody Queensland! Haha. I didn't watch the game, as I was at work all night, but looking at the scoring with my boss (he's a born and raised New South Welshman who supports Queensland) it looked like a pretty close game. Here's hoping NSW can get back up there in the next one. Congratulations Queensland.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22721 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  07:40:51  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What's that old saying Bruce?

Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

Cooper Cronk has just been ruled out of the Melbourne match with his knee injury. That provides a real headache for Mal with a few different scenarios.
JT to half with Morgan at pivot, DCE on the bench.
DCE to half with JT at pivot, Morgan on the bench.
Hunt at half with JT at pivot, Morgan on the bench.
Hunt at half with JT at pivot, DCE on the bench.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 08 Jun 2015 13:58:59
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 08 Jun 2015 :  17:58:47  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's a tricky one.

J.T #7 Morgan #6 then either DCE or Hunt

Or J.T #6 either DCE or Hunt #7 Morgan as utility.

Either way where in trouble without Supa Cooper to keep the calm.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22721 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Jun 2015 :  18:21:11  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm thinking that Morgan might be a better super-sub and just give him free rein!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.22 seconds.