No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 Adam Goodes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  14:21:32  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-eagles-fan-defiant-over-slur-against-sydney-swans-star-adam-goodes/story-fnia3v71-1227459603092

Surley he's dramatizing this a bit ?

Ford 2018 champions

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  15:09:11  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This guy is a ****en actor, having to take a few days off.

This prick needs to get out in the real world.

They say there "Proud Black Men",well if that's true, in brace it ffs.

Wendell was asked how he felt about being called black, he response was "I'am".

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22758 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  17:25:51  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For mine, it makes no difference whether Goodes is black, white or brindle.
If you're a ******** you're a ******** and that's what he comes across as.
Do you see Franklin or Natanui or Ablett carrying on like he does?
No, I hear you say.
That's because they're not ********s...
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10780 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  01:20:21  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

For mine, it makes no difference whether Goodes is black, white or brindle.
If you're a ******** you're a ******** and that's what he comes across as.
Do you see Franklin or Natanui or Ablett carrying on like he does?
No, I hear you say.
That's because they're not ********s...

100% agree. I'm a bit of a Swans fan being a New South Welshman, but I'm more a Geelong fan, but I can't stand Goodes. He's a ********, and he needs to grow up. Seriously when I was driving this arvo and heard them say on the radio he was having some time off and wasn't at training due to the issue, I thought "you're ****ing kidding right? Seriously!" He makes me so ****ing angry when he whinges and bitches about racism. I very much agree that I don't care what colour he is, but what I do know is that he's a whinger.

Oh and for the record, calling him an ape might not even be racist. I mean he does kinda look like one, and that's certainly not due to his colour.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5997 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  04:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Redheads are called 'ranga' as a reference to orangutans, you don't hear them bleating on about being called 'apes', redheads have copped **** since time immortal, ask some of the redhead AFL players how 'ranga' has gone for them. Even Sam Newman has come out and called Goodes out

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  07:48:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
don't think we should be calling anyone an "ape" ..... but I don't think anyone should be doing a "war dance" during a footy game directed at the public either...do that in the EPL and it would be a life ban

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  08:16:43  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

don't think we should be calling anyone an "ape"

No we shouldn't, but it happens, what ever happened to 'Sticks n Stones'

The guy is a very sad example of a human, he seems to want to turn the slightest issue into a racist song and dance, i'll go on the record and say "he the one who's racist".

I've told youse before that i have Abbo in me, this guy embarrasses me.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5997 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  08:21:08  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

don't think we should be calling anyone an "ape" ..... but I don't think anyone should be doing a "war dance" during a footy game directed at the public either...do that in the EPL and it would be a life ban

Maoris do it all the time and no-one gets all bent out of shape over it

Doing the dance that they did only incites people, Sam Newman summed it up well on the footy show, youtube it

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  09:22:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9012786

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5147 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  11:27:16  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Goodes is mixed race. His mum indigenous, his dad Irish/Scottish descent. I'm yet to hear Goodes admit he's half white....

The spear throw is a deliberate act to provoke the predominately white crowd. I bet he and his equally stupid team mate had a good laugh about stirring up the 'whities' once away from the lime light....Imagine the reaction if a white player was to mimic planting a flag, load a musket and pretend to fire it the crowd. He'd likely cop a life ban for a racist act...

The comparison to the Haka is laughable. The Haka is directed at the opposing team (act of war towards the enemy) to intimidate them. It's not directed at the crowd.

Goodes is not the first player of any colour to be constantly boo-ed in sport. It's the theater of sport. God guy/bad guy. But like Mundine, Goodes is playing up to the crowd for his own gain.

Goodes wants to be the ambassador for racism? Racism works both ways. Spend a month in Walgett, Bourke, Lightning Ridge, Louth or Warren and tell me the only racists there are white.
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  13:43:58  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9012786

The sooner he pisses off out of the public eye the better.

If he thinks retiring from the game will stop him from being an abbo he's sadly mistaking.

My latest grand daughter is as white as snow but has her fathers (my son)big wide black fellas nose, it's how it is she to has abbo in her.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10780 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  22:08:52  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Darren351

Goodes wants to be the ambassador for racism? Racism works both ways. Spend a month in Walgett, Bourke, Lightning Ridge, Louth or Warren and tell me the only racists there are white.

This! I grew up in a town with a rather large percentage of aboriginals, and you're right, racism does work both ways. Christ knows how many times I've been called a "white ****".

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2571 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  22:49:34  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So it's ok for the umpires to be booed week in week out and called all the names under the sun yet ONE player suddenly gets booed and everyone looses their ****.

There's a meme on Facebook regarding this ATM.

People forget the umpires are human too just like Goodes etc yet they (the fans) carry on like ****wits abusing them every week.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10780 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  01:03:44  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GetThe

So it's ok for the umpires to be booed week in week out and called all the names under the sun yet ONE player suddenly gets booed and everyone looses their ****.

There's a meme on Facebook regarding this ATM.

People forget the umpires are human too just like Goodes etc yet they (the fans) carry on like ****wits abusing them every week.

Very good point. Umpires cop a lot of **** for doing their job yet don't take it to heart and have a big public sook. Adam Goodes could learn from them.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  06:45:36  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Come on guys, leave the Australian of the Year alone.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22758 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  06:48:17  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Come on guys, leave the Australian of the Year alone.

Very alone
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds.