No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 Adam Goodes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5144 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  08:49:31  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Goodes is one of 71 indigenous players currently playing in the AFL. Considering he's the only one being booed it would indicate that Goodes is the problem.

Thurston and Inglis are planning similar war dances in the NRL this week in support of Goodes. Interesting to see who they direct their tribal dances at.

I would've thought JT mightve have learnt a lesson after the SOO controversy when he gethered the other QLD indigenous players took the SOO shield and had their photos taken with it without the 'whities'. I know Cameron Smith wasn't impressed...
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17584 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  09:59:59  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He has learned well from Julia Gillard and her 'misogyny' spiel...

Call something that isn't by a name that is meant for something else but gets everybodies hair on the back of the neck up and your name is in the media...

But some will see through the garbage you are sprouting...

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11469 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  10:44:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With Goodes as an Australian of The Year, he should be the perfect role model for Aboriginal kids to aspire to as they grow up. Unfortunately, this current hoopla surrounding him doesn't help his cause.

He isn't getting booed because of race, he is getting booed because as it currently stands, he is in the same league as Fevola, Carey and Sam Newman as he currently acting like a tool. Because of the pedestal he is now on, he is following Anthony Mundine's lead and playing, and milking the race card at every opportunity when there is something said untowards them.

The booing is a normal part of sport if they don't like someone or something to do with the game, but in regards to moving forward with "closing the gap", Adam playing the race card in regards to the booing is moving that progress back.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22707 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  18:41:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oddly enough, I have many indigenous friends and business acquaintances who all say that he's a ******** and not helping their cause at all.
The vast majority of them even said he should not have been Australian of the Year.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  21:29:45  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Darren351

Goodes is one of 71 indigenous players currently playing in the AFL. Considering he's the only one being booed it would indicate that Goodes is the problem.

Thurston and Inglis are planning similar war dances in the NRL this week in support of Goodes. Interesting to see who they direct their tribal dances at.

I would've thought JT mightve have learnt a lesson after the SOO controversy when he gethered the other QLD indigenous players took the SOO shield and had their photos taken with it without the 'whities'. I know Cameron Smith wasn't impressed...

Thurston and Inglis?

Well there are two upstanding citizens if ever there were any. Thurston - wasn't he involved in the Coffs Harbour Bulldogs "incident"? Inglis - wasn't he involved in a "domestic" situation?

Who's next? Mundine?
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  17:10:30  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The NSW try scorer in the 3th SOO match this year (can't think of his name),he runs 50-60 meters and scores i didn't boo him and i certainly didn't cheer for him because he's indigenous, the booing problem with Adam is bought about by plain old you don't cheer for the opposition.

J.T and G.I and other big names have no choice but to show support to Adam.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17584 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  17:17:34  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so wondering... does this mean we should fake applause for him when he walks past? bow and wash his feet perhaps and admire his aboriginality?

Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2571 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  17:28:57  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bruce1

The NSW try scorer in the 3th SOO match this year (can't think of his name),he runs 50-60 meters and scores i didn't boo him and i certainly didn't cheer for him because he's indigenous, the booing problem with Adam is bought about by plain old you don't cheer for the opposition.

Michael Jennings.
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  18:04:02  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GetThe

quote:
Originally posted by bruce1

Michael Jennings.

Yeah that's him, thanks.

He got got booed but im sure it wasn't for the color of his skin.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  20:08:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13479 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Aug 2015 :  20:11:08  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
People boo Goodes because he's a cock. not because of his skin colour.

There's a post from Facebook that sums it up perfectly.

First lady says we boo Goodes because he's a dick

Second lady says why do you boo

First lady says because it's better than yelling out you're a ****

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5144 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 02 Aug 2015 :  10:20:41  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lucky there were no indigenous players in that 2001 Roo's side Trev. Oh wait...
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5063 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 07 Aug 2015 :  19:49:25  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

So now that Goodes has managed to drag himself out of the foetal position, what happens if a fan wants to boo him during the game for his poor play or some other totally non-racial reason?

2019 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 08 Aug 2015 :  09:48:28  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome back Madaz.

Well i guess the AFL will have to ban booing at all ALF games.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22707 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Aug 2015 :  11:39:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The official's from both clubs for his 'return' match are appealing to spectators to not boo.
Now tell me, if someone asks a large group not to do something what do they usually do - the exact opposite!

NFI
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds.