No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 General
 V8 Supercars and the Bathurst 12H - your say
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 03 Aug 2015 :  22:36:22  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/08/03/poll-v8-supercars-and-the-bathurst-12-hour/

quote:
The Bathurst 12 Hour has enjoyed strong growth under James O’Brien’s Yeehah events, but is now preparing for a new era following a V8 Supercars buyout.

V8 Supercars’ acquisition of the GT event has ruffled plenty of feathers in the motorsport community following its previously hostile attitude towards the 12 Hour.

Regardless, the touring car category is now promising to take the race to ‘the next level’ through the resources of its Supercars Events business, which currently promotes 10 V8 Supercars meetings.

Amid expectations that a flood of V8 Supercars drivers will rejoin the field, CEO James Warburton has stressed a commitment to the GT3 format and growing international interest in the event.

While only time will tell what the future holds, we want to know what impact you think the V8 Supercars takeover will have on the 12 Hour.

_Mford

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1701 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 09 Aug 2015 :  15:52:01  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The fact v8sc are involved has limited the potential of the event, after the next couple of years. Where the race was expected to become more and more popular anyway.

Whether it was a 12h, 24, 10,8 or 36 hours. The race's burgeoning popularity amongst Australian fans has a lot to do with not having to live with v8sc ****. The v8sc "brand" isn't as highly regarded as perceived. We only put up with them because they're there.

James O'Brien deserves criticism. He had the opportunity to control the Australian motorsport scene with the this event, had he looked after it evolution. But he's a sell out.

It's interesting that in the other article. The head of Nissan gave them a word of warning. How bad does your reputation have to be, when a competitor of your series doesn't trust you?

I also notice in those articles. peckstar has stunk up the threads with his presence. Him and Dave Johnson?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

489 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  20:20:52  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still no Info on the 12hr site in regards Ticket availability & PRICING , are they working on the PR stuff to justify a big price hike or hoping to leave it long enough for people to forget this years pricing.
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2794 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  21:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just reading a couple of people's posts on the 12 Hour Facebook page...apparently motels in Bathurst have increased their rates for the 12 Hour weeekend due to the V8 Supercar takeover.

quote:
We've had accommodation booked for the 2016 Bathurst 12 Hour for months. When it was announced in July that V8 Supercars had acquired the rights to manage the 12 hour event, we received an email from our booked accommodation to say they had "mis-quoted" and the price was to be 5 times higher. I immediately booked another place; only to today get an email from them to say "They had mis-quoted their price".......and it is also to be almost 5 times the price...........

quote:
I have just discovered that my accommodation at Bathurst Goldfields has been increased by over 100%. This was stated as being due to the 'corporate' factor of the V8SC takeover. Are we going to see the same gouging with entry prices?

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11451 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Aug 2015 :  08:49:25  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The campground prices are still at $80 pre event and $100 at the event. I wonder if those will mysteriously creep up before February.

Weren't the 12 Hour tickets available at this time last year?
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2794 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 30 Aug 2015 :  10:50:00  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, 2014 campers got tickets available to them in May or June IIRC, while everyone else could get tickets soon after.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds.