V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 National CAMS series unrest continues
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  14:39:07  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/08/18/cams-defiant-amid-state-council-unrest/

It would seem CAMS are running hard and fast with the V8SC 'up yours' attitude...

Making friends everywhere they go...

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  14:49:36  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They've just taken over the remaining 50% of their Nationals stake which will be interesting considering that

a) There are two open wheel classes that they have pissed off

b) It contains quite a few categories that they have swung the axe upon with their new class structure.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Aug 2015 :  15:05:16  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it is something that worried me as soon as I had heard about it CP

personally it feels like they have really overstepped the line here...

opens the can of worms with them being 'oversight' of Australian motorsport and having their own series to run... not a good look.

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  21:00:40  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wondered if there was going to be a thread about this on here. As it turns out, I was looking at the wrong board!

Without having to write an essay about it. The fundamental problem CAMS have got, is that that don't have a vision for the future of Australian motorsport. All they're doing is tearing everything down and spoiling it for everyone, without exciting alternative.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5879 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  04:49:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
there is an alternative, it is called AASA

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4285 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  22:39:08  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
During my time as a State Counsellor of CAMS, it was dominated by clubs that were mainly of the Rally variety, in all states and at national level.

Circuit racing clubs were definitely in the minority.

I haven't checked lately, so don't actually know, but CAMS seems to be a bit shaky when in comes to circuit racing.

At one time CAMS was regularly translated as Campaign Against Motor Sport.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 26 Aug 2016 :  08:38:03  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It really doesn't feel any different today OT... I have very little to do with them personally but the amount of negative vibe against them with recent decisions, especially bringing in new series at CAMS payers expense, and the discrediting of other still well attended series, has left them in a very poor light... one they will have to work very hard to break the mold of! (if they actually want to)...

I can see why groups like AASA started up with the way they have been operating of late...

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Aug 2016 :  19:46:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sonic, I just can't which series you may be alluding to? Is the number between 3 and 5?

I'm surprised that they axed the Saloon Cars as a national category. Whilst some rounds had the same numbers as a certain new category, when they had massive grids, they produced some great racing. The odd thing is, there are some categories that CAMS said **** You to bring their new baby in, that are actually thriving, and produce some good racing too. Whereas, I don't see the new baby as appealing.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 26 Aug 2016 :  20:40:38  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am wondering (personally only) if the Excel guys will grow to a national series or not...

the state versions are doing well from what I see down here in Vic and I can see the appeal in it BUT I kinda hope it doesn't happen... if it goes national then I think it will get out of hand and blow what is a relatively cheap series into something it really isn't intended to be.

agree that Saloons shouldn't have been canned... yes I was thinking between 3 and 5... but I also think the F3 should be wiped off as they haven't had a real grid for years, they should be paired up with another category for track time...

1 thing they do seem to have got right though is the 86 series... it's a winner... AND the drivers get to have their own car too which is kind of a bonus (**too subtle?)... and it's a smaller cost than the F4 and it is a 'more australian' idea of what motorsport should be I think... hopefully we'll see this series continue for a few years.

Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 27 Aug 2016 :  22:23:34  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

They've just taken over the remaining 50% of their Nationals stake

Taken or took ??
Go to Top of Page

daveo555
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
608 Posts
joined 04 Feb 05

Posted - 31 Aug 2016 :  18:11:19  Show Profile  Click to see daveo555's MSN Messenger address Send daveo555 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

there is an alternative, it is called AASA

Unfortunately ASAA are loosing members too.

There's no other way to drive a Datsun other than going from lock-to-lock on the steering, sideways, at 7,000RPM.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.