No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 IndyCar
 Justin Wilson
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  11:16:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/08/25/justin-wilson-succumbs-to-injuries/

thoughts are with his family

Ford 2018 champions

Sonic

Australia
17300 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  11:37:17  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just heard about this too :(

Doesn't matter what series is it always sucks... and that it wasn't even his own incident that took his life makes it harder.

thoughts with the Wilson family and the Andretti crew... going to be a pretty sombre end of year for them.

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7357 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  11:58:36  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Terribly sad news.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1302 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  11:59:26  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just heard; RIP, mate.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22552 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  12:30:05  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Talk about wrong place, wrong time.
That sucks.

RIP Justin
Go to Top of Page

Ruddeger
Team Manager

2316 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  13:41:34  Show Profile Send Ruddeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Talk about wrong place, wrong time.
That sucks.

RIP Justin

and about 10 other cars went by before the debris hit him

FOOOOOOOOORD !!!
Go to Top of Page

Tasv8
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
757 Posts
joined 17 Mar 09

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  14:19:37  Show Profile Send Tasv8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was watching this live and as soon as I saw the first replay I knew the result wouldn't be good. It made me feel quite ill to watch it again.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  15:31:01  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Terrible News, a great driver who had finally got himself into a top flight team for the end of the season for the first time in years

RIP
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16136 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  18:04:43  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very sad news, RIP JW.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  01:15:44  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After the race when I read on Speedcafe that he was injured, I admittedly massively underestimated how bad his injuries were. I thought he'd have some surgery and be out in a few days. Then I read the next article and realised he was in a coma and I instantly realised just how bad it was and saw the video. From this I just knew he wasn't going to make it. Every time I went online I was expecting to read that he'd passed, then this morning I opened up Speedcafe and there it was. While I expected it sooner or later, it was still heartbreaking. My stomach just dropped.

Yet another great driver taken far too soon. Rest in peace Justin Wilson. You will be sorely missed by the entire motorsport community.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11297 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  12:31:04  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unfortunately it could have been one of those weekends where we could've lost two drivers under two very different circumstances.

RIP Justin.
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Aug 2015 :  21:11:06  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very sad - loved him in Minardi and in Champ Car.

Becoming quite a normality again, losing hero's.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22552 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  06:07:13  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see that his organs were donated so that others could live.
The only good thing to come out of the tragedy.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7357 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 29 Aug 2015 :  08:45:43  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I see that his organs were donated so that others could live.
The only good thing to come out of the tragedy.

Saved 6 others lives apparently.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds.