No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 General
 Cootha Classic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8301 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 01 Dec 2015 :  14:08:42  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
Anyone go to watch this? I left Brisbane in May and missed it. Looks awesome!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsf8uqfFPn0

Is this the first year its run? Certainly didn't hear about it before.

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 02 Dec 2015 :  14:01:46  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Used to run years ago, came back to life only recently.

I looked at competing this year but decided to see how it was run and think about 2016. It also clashed with the Pittsworth Sprints running at the same time.

As a casual club level competitor you are paying $270+ transponder hire for 4 runs (plus sighting run) up the hill.
Wasn't any discount for interstate entrants which sometimes is the case, but with these events being run by companies wanting to make a profit not as common anymore.

The organisers seemed to be pushing for faster/modern cars rather than historic/interesting cars, so that did factor into entry for me (running a historic).
They were looking at 100-110 cars maximum, think they ended up with 80-90 on the day.

Not sure if it is running 2016, will wait and see.

If you aren't a local it is difficult to get your eye in I expect :)

Edited by - SuperMono on 02 Dec 2015 14:25:48
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 02 Dec 2015 :  14:48:35  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SuperMono

Used to run years ago, came back to life only recently.

I looked at competing this year but decided to see how it was run and think about 2016. It also clashed with the Pittsworth Sprints running at the same time.

As a casual club level competitor you are paying $270+ transponder hire for 4 runs (plus sighting run) up the hill.
Wasn't any discount for interstate entrants which sometimes is the case, but with these events being run by companies wanting to make a profit not as common anymore.

The organisers seemed to be pushing for faster/modern cars rather than historic/interesting cars, so that did factor into entry for me (running a historic).
They were looking at 100-110 cars maximum, think they ended up with 80-90 on the day.

Not sure if it is running 2016, will wait and see.

If you aren't a local it is difficult to get your eye in I expect :)

you need to do the legend of the lakes down this way mate, great event

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 02 Dec 2015 :  15:25:48  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne
you need to do the legend of the lakes down this way mate, great event

It's on the list, easier run from Melbourne to Mt Gambier as well :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds.