No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 Nrl 2016
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7139 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  01:14:32  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not sure the Sharks will perform like that week in, week out. I think they'll burn themselves out.
Good to know they can win against the big boys, but can they consistently?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  01:23:38  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bruce1

quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

Pretty average performance from the Broncos so far. Chinks in their armour showing?

At least there not soft.

Actually I disagree on 2 counts. First that twice now and more so this week but they have buckled against a bigger set of forwards. And second Bennett coming up with the excuse that Meninga naming the Kangaroos' team a week early has played mind games for those who were selected when they're big boys or supposed to be.

The Broncos would have dropped in the premiership market after today's performance with the Cowboys' chances tightening.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22515 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  11:48:28  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They're still well ahead of some other supposedly good, but under-performing teams.
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  13:12:30  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Pretty average performance from the Broncos so far. Chinks in their armour showing?

At least there not soft.

Actually I disagree on 2 counts. First that twice now and more so this week but they have buckled against a bigger set of forwards. And second Bennett coming up with the excuse that Meninga naming the Kangaroos' team a week early has played mind games for those who were selected when they're big boys or supposed to be.

The Broncos would have dropped in the premiership market after today's performance with the Cowboys' chances tightening.

Lol yeah and you also disagree with South coach that Souths are soft, so i won't be paying to much attention to what you think, i'll just stick to the facts.

I hope Broncos have dropped in betting market, can only be good for the punters. Don't you understand how betting works?
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  15:33:11  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

At least there not soft.

Lol yeah and you also disagree with South coach that Souths are soft, so i won't be paying to much attention to what you think, i'll just stick to the facts.

I hope Broncos have dropped in betting market, can only be good for the punters. Don't you understand how betting works?

Yeah yeah it doesn't matter either way as you can't lose

Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 03 May 2016 :  23:34:05  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Parramatta, dear oh dear, didn't they learn anything from the Storm saga?
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 04 May 2016 :  00:06:59  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah should never of got rid of hard hitting Denis Fitzgerald

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10672 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 04 May 2016 :  00:25:49  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A lot of people are complaining, but at the end of the day if you break the rules then you deserve to get such a harsh punishment. Not so much the players, but the team as a whole.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11270 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 May 2016 :  01:03:53  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm confused as to why they were stripped of a pre season competition win?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 May 2016 :  17:16:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Because Parramatta won it while cheating the salary cap.

There is a very telling point from the news about Parramatta in the past few days. The five Eels board members and officials who have been stood down took out an injunction in the Supreme Court to prevent them being stood down, until they can proceed with further legal action. However, the NRL has made it clear that Parra won't be able to play for points until all matters in the breach notice have been dealt with - and that includes the removal of those five officials. Those blokes would rather they hung onto their positions than be concerned about the team they represent

Have a look at what a former Parra player had to say: https://m.facebook.com/EricGrotheJnr/?refid=46&sld=eyJzZWFyY2hfc2lkIjoiNDAzY2ZmOGE0YjM2MDllOTYxMmFkYzY0NmJjN2JlNzYiLCJxdWVyeSI6ImVyaWMgZ3JvdGhlIiwic2VhcmNoX3R5cGUiOiJTZWFyY2giLCJzZXF1ZW5jZV9pZCI6NjQ1MzkxNjk0LCJwYWdlX251bWJlciI6MSwiZmlsdGVyX3R5cGUiOiJTZWFyY2giLCJlbnRfaWQiOjM2MDEwODgxNzM3NzA4NCwicG9zaXRpb24iOjIsInJlc3VsdF90eXBlIjoyNzR9
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11270 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 May 2016 :  00:11:14  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That test match was a bit bland.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22515 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 07 May 2016 :  08:45:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sure was! A very short highlights reel.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 07 May 2016 :  15:55:30  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes it was a low scoring affair. I went to bed at half time anyway just after GI scored. From what I saw the back play suffered a bit with Boyd playing second man and not really being all that threatening with the ball (the exception to this is the try he scored).

I have to say if it comes down to picking the best 17 that GI has to be fullback with perhaps Boyd missing out as there are better wingers out there than him. Sad but it has happened to many a fullback that they haven't gone on to play as much representative footy as they would have liked.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/brisbane-broncos-adam-blair-a-dirty-player-gorden-tallis-20160509-gopvfq.html

Any comment now based on what was previously discussed broncos fans?

As I suggested earlier, GI is to make the switch to 5/8 for Friday night's game against the Eels. I don't agree with the move as I think Cody Walker should be given a chance as he didn't do too much wrong when he had the opportunity earlier in the year.

Souths really need to make a play for Peats and get rid off both Cook and McInnes and just have a rookie back Peats up.

Edited by - bundy1 on 10 May 2016 21:38:17
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22515 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 May 2016 :  15:10:16  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks like Nathan Peats is being sacrificed at Parramatta as part of the solution for their overcap spending!

Hold the phone!

Peats may be saved by Junior Paulo's antics.

Some really dumb ****s play this game.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 14 May 2016 :  15:21:06  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice win from the rabbits last night in the face of the decisions against them by the refs and the eels' players staying down constantly. Also, great performance from GI in his new position showing that he's going to become the new Darren Lockyer.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.3 seconds.