No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 Nrl 2016
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11444 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 Apr 2016 :  11:12:59  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Roosters were going for most consistent team until they won last night. BOOOO.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Apr 2016 :  11:58:23  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The Roosters were going for most consistent team until they won last night. BOOOO.

They had to win sometime!

I picked them in my tipping as I thought it was their best chance so far!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 09 Apr 2016 :  14:54:56  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by CP

They had to win sometime!

I picked them in my tipping as I thought it was their best chance so far!

Lol - you would have made up a few places with that tip.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7393 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 09 Apr 2016 :  14:57:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll be interested to see how the young guys at the Roosters go when Pearce and co. return. They've been thrown in the deep end here and some have really swam out of it!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 09 Apr 2016 :  15:32:03  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I'll be interested to see how the young guys at the Roosters go when Pearce and co. return. They've been thrown in the deep end here and some have really swam out of it!

I'll give them some credit that Napa really aimed up last night and I thought that young full back they have did well too. Also I think that centre by the name of O'Brien did well in defence.

The roosters are only going to get stronger with Pearce back as he excels at the club level (not so much at the representative level though :) )

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10747 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Apr 2016 :  23:08:37  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:

I'll give them some credit that Napa really aimed up last night and I thought that young full back they have did well too. Also I think that centre by the name of O'Brien did well in defence.

The roosters are only going to get stronger with Pearce back as he excels at the club level (not so much at the representative level though :) )

Latrell Mitchell? Actually really cool. I don't know him personally but he was two or three years below me in high school. It's cool to have a player not only from my town, but from my school playing in the NRL.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  15:10:02  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Questions need to be asked of Mag McGuire last night on three issues (1) why Auva played? (2) why Jason Clark was still in the team? They suffered so much in attack that they should have played the extra hooker in Cook and (3) why wouldn't Cody Walker play at 5/8 as that is how they started the season with him and Reynolds piling on 40 against the Roosters (notwithstanding that Keary wasn't available but still Walker hadn't shown the drop off in form to justify getting sidelined)?

Edited by - bundy1 on 16 Apr 2016 15:11:03
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11444 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  15:44:16  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can add another question to that list Bundy. Was Inglis actually injured or was it just a convenient way to say "**** it" and get out of playing for the rest of the game?

The Wabbitohs were painful to watch last night. The Cowboys just happily steamrolled them.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  15:52:19  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

You can add another question to that list Bundy. Was Inglis actually injured or was it just a convenient way to say "**** it" and get out of playing for the rest of the game?

The Wabbitohs were painful to watch last night. The Cowboys just happily steamrolled them.

They didn't do too badly in the first 30 minutes. They looked like they were up for it just didn't execute. And yes that thought did cross my mind about Inglis.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  16:15:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pity a footy game is 80mins.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7393 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  20:23:49  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Rabbitohs do it every week... WHERE IS INGLIS! The most damaging ball runner in the game and he's never at the end of a set piece, he only ever takes the ball up himself.
The whole team seem to be in a slump - there's improvement there for sure.

The Dragons finish their QLD road trip with a win. Still a lot to be desired though.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  21:13:35  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The Rabbitohs do it every week... WHERE IS INGLIS! The most damaging ball runner in the game and he's never at the end of a set piece, he only ever takes the ball up himself.
The whole team seem to be in a slump - there's improvement there for sure.

The Dragons finish their QLD road trip with a win. Still a lot to be desired though.

He needs to get decent ball from his halves to be able to do anything.

They might need to look in the next few weeks shifting Inglis to 5/8 and play Johnstone at fullback.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  22:19:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Inglis won't work at no 6.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  22:22:29  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Inglis won't work at no 6.

It worked at the Storm.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Apr 2016 :  23:15:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He was years younger and carrying far fewer injuries.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.