No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 General
 Improved Production
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1922 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  15:18:59  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some have said this category should replace V8Supercars.

There's an improved production race on a big stage today. So to give it a fair crack - how good will it be?
I went back 5 years trying to find an appropriate topic, but no luck. So have had to create one.

_Mford

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  15:27:57  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We do have a pseudo V8 Supercar on the pole. IPRA have provided some brilliant racing over the past few years at the 12 Hour.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1922 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  15:36:12  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did you watch this mornings race? No one here has commented on it, or on qualifying for the category.
Edit: This mornings race not televised so would have been hard to watch!

_Mford

Edited by - djr18fan on 06 Feb 2016 15:39:24
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  15:50:40  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

Did you watch this mornings race? No one here has commented on it, or on qualifying for the category.

They only started the live stream before qualifying. They did show all of last years racing on the Saturday though.

I wonder what caused the Hislop crash?
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1922 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  15:57:38  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looked like the old incident with lapped traffic scenario.
At least that meant the gap from the leader to 3rd place shortened up.
As it was - 8 laps of racing. 2nd place inherits the lead and still wins by a fair margin. Gap from 1-8 1minute 4 seconds. 55 cars start, 22 lapped within 8 laps, some more than once.

Battles? some BMW's and a celica? running around together. Little interest up front. Several mechanical failures taking cars out. Didn't float my boat.
I guess if Australia's top professional teams were involved it would be closer up front and reliability a bit better. I wonder how much they would spend on crash repairs?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  18:00:28  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

They only started the live stream before qualifying. They did show all of last years racing on the Saturday though.

I wonder what caused the Hislop crash?

seems a car in front had lunched and dropped some oil on the circuit and Rolf and Ray were first on the scene and unfortunately both got beached with some damage to their cars...

(have been at the track all day and just catching up... some good fights in various levels through the field... and very little damage which is a good thing after last year!!)

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1701 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  21:01:38  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wonder how many spectators look at Ray Hislop's car and say "That car shouldn't be there, even it fits the rules?" Just like I do when I see it.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1922 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  05:34:16  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

I wonder how many spectators look at Ray Hislop's car and say "That car shouldn't be there, even it fits the rules?" Just like I do when I see it.

I didn't catch the commentators mentioning anything about Hislop's car being different to others, so as a casual observer it never occurred to me that it shouldn't be. I did hear mention of the MARC cars being space frame and V8 engine in a Focus or Mazda. That made me think "WTF - improved production?"
Fine if you call it improved production plus other categories to make up a good grid.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10553 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 07 Feb 2016 :  18:13:21  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No-one that i remember seeing on these boards has ever called for IPRA regulations to replace V8Supercars

This class of racing was called "Club Cars" until the late-90s, and its origins as a class go back to the late-70s/early 80s, when the cars competing for the ATCC, ManChamp and Bathurst wins were also production-based cars improved & homologated for racing.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 08 Feb 2016 :  09:26:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Other than the fact it's a pseudo V8 Supercar, why do you believe that Rays car isn't in the spirit of the rules?
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

680 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 10 Feb 2016 :  11:49:30  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

Other than the fact it's a pseudo V8 Supercar, why do you believe that Rays car isn't in the spirit of the rules?

I will be honest here, I have had my doubts in the past about the car, simply because it is that much faster than everything else. But after a lengthy conversation about the car on Saturday with someone in the know, I am comfortable with it. Pretty simply, it has to be legal because of the scrutiny that being that much faster than everyone else attracts. The reason it is so fast is cubic dollars of development, and a driver who can steer it.

Supercars isn't a sport.

Its a category of motor racing.
Go to Top of Page

bathurst
Transporter Driver

Australia
47 Posts
joined 04 Jul 02

Posted - 10 Feb 2016 :  14:55:44  Show Profile Send bathurst a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rays car apparently gets scrutineered the most, so must be within the regulations for the IPRA
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1701 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 14 Feb 2016 :  09:10:40  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

Thinking about it further. To refine my point. I just think if that guy has the money to throw at a racing car, and the sufficient ability to drive it. Then he really should be in a class that those type of competitors tend to get drawn to.

His age, ability and money he's got to spend? I think he should be in something like National Sports Sedans for instance. In ImProd, especially in Vic state rounds, his presence is just taking the piss out of that class.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!

Edited by - journeyman racer on 14 Feb 2016 09:12:35
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  16:47:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Improved Production will be on the support card for Adelaide next year.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/27/improved-production-scores-clipsal-support-slot/

Is there an entry list anywhere for this weekend?

Edited by - CP on 28 Feb 2017 15:49:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.23 seconds.