No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 IndyCar
 Indycar TV coverage 2016
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 19 Feb 2016 :  20:43:12  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just read on FB that FOXTEL don't have the rights to Indycar this year. Does anybody here know anything more?

Edited by - HRTKLR on 21 Feb 2016 10:58:43

GoobaFish
Team Manager

Australia
1915 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 21 Feb 2016 :  11:56:56  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's usually alternatives...

Edited by - GoobaFish on 27 Feb 2016 00:27:33
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10442 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 21 Feb 2016 :  11:57:58  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does that mean the Fox Sport channels, or Foxtel as a whole?

ESPN holds the International distribution rights for IndyCar, so perhaps the races will be shown there again in Australia as they were until 2011?
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 21 Feb 2016 :  14:14:00  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Does that mean the Fox Sport channels, or Foxtel as a whole?

ESPN holds the International distribution rights for IndyCar, so perhaps the races will be shown there again in Australia as they were until 2011?

Let me clarify. FOXTEL has stated that the Verizon 2016 Indycar Series doesn't form part of their scheduling at any point this year including Indy 500.

I'm beyond disgusted. First we lost NHRA now this.

Edited by - HRTKLR on 21 Feb 2016 14:15:15
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10442 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Feb 2016 :  06:49:00  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Let me clarify. FOXTEL has stated that the Verizon 2016 Indycar Series doesn't form part of their scheduling at any point this year including Indy 500.

According to the "Fox Motorsport" twitter account, they are showing the 2016 Indycar Series, just as they have in previous years.

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 26 Feb 2016 06:50:39
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11295 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2016 :  07:59:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

According to the "Fox Motorsport" twitter account, they are showing the 2016 Indycar Series, just as they have in previous years.

They confirmed their commitment to showing Indycar in the latest entertainment plus sport package ads, although the caption said Formula One and it was the Old Dallaras around The brickyard.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 27 Feb 2016 :  07:16:11  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Great news. I must've spoken to the work experience kid. Their online TV guide still doesn't show any 2016 coverage yet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.