No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 General
 Supercars vs gt
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hot327
Pit Crew

Australia
178 Posts
joined 14 Jul 12

Posted - 08 Mar 2016 :  02:18:00  Show Profile Send hot327 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was at the race the gt3 where nice to look at but when the race started not close to the v8 for sound and spectical , one touch and they fall to bits and drivers are crap parity rediculas they will never take over from v8

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 08 Mar 2016 09:45:23

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 08 Mar 2016 :  04:46:36  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hot327

I was at the race the gt3 where nice to look at but when the race started not close to the v8 for sound and spectical , one touch and they fall to bits and drivers are crap parity rediculas they will never take over from v8

Yeah, V8SC doesn't have any stupid parity rules that ruin flagship races...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zoo Tv
Former HRT Supporter

USA
1350 Posts
joined 09 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Mar 2016 :  05:54:53  Show Profile Send Zoo Tv a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like compulsory rules requiring the 1st and 2nd place car pull into the pits on the 2nd to last lap to put fuel in the car that they don't actually need???

One of the things that bugs me is why a governing body thinks it's up to them to achieve parity? It should be up to the manufacturer/team. i.e. 5L V8 Atmo or 3L Forced Induction (or whatever) -------------> Aaaaannnnnnddddd go.

"When you're racing, its life.... Anything that happens before, or after........is just waiting."

Edited by - Zoo Tv on 08 Mar 2016 05:56:00
Go to Top of Page

dp
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
279 Posts
joined 11 Oct 11

Posted - 08 Mar 2016 :  09:44:28  Show Profile Send dp a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zoo Tv

Like compulsory rules requiring the 1st and 2nd place car pull into the pits on the 2nd to last lap to put fuel in the car that they don't actually need???

One of the things that bugs me is why a governing body thinks it's up to them to achieve parity? It should be up to the manufacturer/team. i.e. 5L V8 Atmo or 3L Forced Induction (or whatever) -------------> Aaaaannnnnnddddd go.

If it is open slather you end up with teams spending millions and millions developing 2 tenths and everyone has to follow. Its bad enough when they add a new shock supplier. Each team has to go and invest hundreds of thousands buying and trying them to see if there is a gain. Hence why there is controls and parity. If you talk about controlling the outcome GT do it even more with different timed pit stops. Without Supercar Pitstops it would be follow the leader.

I hate the fuel drop but I understand it. Without it the mercs and Nissans would probably struggle due to economy so we would only have holden and ford which are slowly disappearing.

Guys . some of you should get a job as product testers as you can find the negative in everything. Walk a mile in a teams shoes or the organisers shoes and just see how easy it isnt.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10553 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 08 Mar 2016 :  16:33:57  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Both series have stupid rules as is

Minimum fuel drops and the over-paritied nature of V8Supercars is ridiculous and not befitting of a proper motor racing series, as most know it is no longer a sport though, it is a show for TV and runs solely to make the current shareholders (Archer, Tony Cochrane, James Warburton and the REC Holders) money. It hasn't been a sporting contest for years.

Aus GT is aimed at the amateur, that is why the grids are so big, Aus GT does not want to "takeover" from V8Supercars, hence why their current rules, while not proper racing, does the job it is intended to do perfectly/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Mar 2016 :  18:27:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
v8sc fans wanted parity....they got the it then bitched and grizzeled because there wasnt any passing

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

HSA67
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
325 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  14:01:09  Show Profile Send HSA67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I have now been to my 4th 12 Hour in a row and prior to this I thought the V8s were the best sounding cars out there, when I heard the mercs I changed my tune, then in 2015 I fell in love with the sound of the Bentley, it sounds better than anything in the Supercars.

Even the AMG ride cars sound awesome.

Early 2,000's I would attend the Friday, Sat, Sun of EC, Oran Park and have a weekend down at Winton, Now the only V8 round I attend is Homebush as its a catch up with mates and I have been to all of those events.

I don't have Fox so I miss most rounds but dont really seem to follow up on the results.

If the Supercars dissapearred I would miss the 1000 but thats about it.

Go to Top of Page

velly4
V8 Champion

Australia
837 Posts
joined 24 Feb 08

Posted - 18 Mar 2016 :  21:08:09  Show Profile Send velly4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Hahaha comparing Pro with Am drivers.

I think you would find things would be very very different if the V8 teams and drivers were using these cars.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds.