No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 IndyCar
 100th running of the International Sweepstakes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 28 May 2016 :  14:00:21  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coming up tomorrow night in the 2016 Indy 500, the annual all-nighter for us in this part of the world.

Practice and Qualifying have been great, the moaning about aero kits have died down (other than the ridiculous suggestions that a spec aero kit might return next year...) and the Penske and Ganassi entries aren't dominating.

I'll be cheering on Buddy Lazier as ever, great to see the former winner make the field 20 years after his gutsy victory.

Here is the way they'll start the race in the eleven rows of three;

ROW 1
1. James Hinchcliffe
2. Josef Newgarden
3. Ryan Hunter-Reay

ROW 2
4. Townsend Bell
5. Carlos Munoz
6. Will Power

ROW 3
7. Mikhail Aleshin
8. Simon Pagenaud
9. Helio Castroneves

ROW 4
10. Oriol Servia
11. Alexander Rossi
12. Takuma Sato

ROW 5
13. Scott Dixon
14. Marco Andretti
15. JR Hildebrand

ROW 6
16. Charlie Kimball
17. Juan Pablo Montoya
18. Tony Kanaan

ROW 7
19. Sebastien Bourdais
20. Ed Carpenter
21. Gabby Chaves

ROW 8
22. Max Chilton
23. Sage Karam
24. Conor Daly

ROW 9
25. Pippa Mann
26. Graham Rahal
27. Matt Brabham

ROW 10
28. Bryan Clauson
29. Spencer Pigot
30. Stefan Wilson

ROW 11
31. Jack Hawksworth
32. Buddy Lazier
33. Alex Tagliani

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11296 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 May 2016 :  19:28:22  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's sold out, the Indianapolis TV blackout has been lifted, yet there was no bumping on Bump Day.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 May 2016 :  23:32:26  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would really love to see an Aussie finally win the Indy 500 this year. Will Power's certainly good enough to do it, but I'm not so sure he will. I'm putting my money on Scott Dixon to win this year.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11296 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 May 2016 :  23:52:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As much as I'd like to finally see an Aussie kiss the bricks, I'd more than happily settle with another TK win, or even if the Mayor takes over Indytown.

An interesting retrospective from Marshall Pruett on clashing events, held on the same day, in similar cars.

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/130038-pruett-whatever-happened-to-the-field-of-60
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 29 May 2016 :  02:52:43  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

It's sold out, the Indianapolis TV blackout has been lifted, yet there was no bumping on Bump Day.

Yeah, it's pretty sad it's at that point now.... they could do all the qualifying in one day if they wanted to now... hopefully entries improve for next year

quote:
Originally posted by CP

An interesting retrospective from Marshall Pruett on clashing events, held on the same day, in similar cars.

A good little article, hard to believe it's really 20 years..... means it also nearly 20 years since the Bathurst split, how time flies.

Looking back the 1996 Indy 500 was actually a pretty strong field at the top, despite the propaganda the CART side was putting out at the time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.