V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 I thought we had global warming ??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  19:08:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/the-sun-has-gone-blank-twice-this-month-this-is-what-it-means/news-story/d775ecf894ab68415ed0108ced31a4e2

looks like we are going to have global cooling now

Ford 2018 champions

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  19:43:44  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We've been freezing our arses off here for the last few days in particular!
The Bunya Mountains, about 40 mins away, had snow yesterday and the resulting westerlies have been like ice.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  20:28:44  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It has been about an average of 8 degrees every morning in Brisbane this week so far and not expected to change much for the rest of the week but I shouldn't complain as the southern states would have it worse.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  21:43:59  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
that's coz mankind has changed our output so much nature is in shock and now we are bearing the brunt of it...

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  21:58:56  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

It has been about an average of 8 degrees every morning in Brisbane this week so far and not expected to change much for the rest of the week but I shouldn't complain as the southern states would have it worse.

8 degrees is positively warm!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  22:41:46  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Its Climate Change in Winter, Global Warming in Summer.

They were even talking about snow in Warwick LG. I've never heard of that before.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  22:56:47  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's been pretty cold here too on the NSW Mid North Coast. I think tonight it's supposed to drop to about 4. That said it's better than a lot of places out west and further south, still bloody cold though.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2016 :  00:03:42  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

They were even talking about snow in Warwick LG. I've never heard of that before.

It's not un-common for snow/sleet on top of the range south of Toowoomba.

Climate Change Global warming i don't really care what you call but what is unheard of around here is mid 30 degree temps in late May.
This cool spell we are having is nothing out of the ordinary though

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Jun 2016 :  10:37:27  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I remember as a kid there was some snow there. Was staying with cousins up there at the time.
Go to Top of Page

EgoFG
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
645 Posts
joined 16 Oct 08

Posted - 01 Jul 2016 :  16:54:12  Show Profile Send EgoFG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is all Global Warming, the scientists said so, and I believe.
This is very warm.
I feel like sweating as soon as I can focus on it.
I feel sorry for the Venus people, the Dutch and the Tuvalu people as the polar ice caps melt - they are loosing their land.
We need more heating to cope, contributing more and more to the greenhouse effect, raising the temperatures even more .. oh ... um ... I think someone confused me
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 04 Jul 2016 :  18:00:49  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The globes been warming for 10,000 years. It's not a constant rate though.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 04 Jul 2016 :  18:34:37  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-6-months-2016-hottest-ever-recorded-zealand-044639402.html?ref=gs

main points from the article:
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) Ski fields are struggling to open and winter electricity consumption is down in New Zealand after the first six months of 2016 proved to be the hottest start to a year that scientists have ever recorded.

Temperatures in the South Pacific nation were 1.4 degrees Celsius (2.5 Fahrenheit) above the long-term average for the first half of the year, according to the government-funded National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research.

That's the highest since record-keeping began more than a century ago, and significantly higher than the previous record of 1.1 Celsius above average, reached in 1938 and again in 1999.

Chris Brandolino, a scientist at the research agency, said Monday that ocean temperatures in the Tasman Sea to the west of New Zealand have been unusually warm this year and that warmer winds from the north have also predominated.

"What's happened in the background is that the Earth has continued to warm as greenhouse gas levels have risen," he said.

The agency reported that carbon dioxide levels recorded at a station near Wellington passed 400 parts per million in June for the first time. The threshold is seen as significant internationally as an indicator of climate change.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  15:59:30  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In Gunnedah at least, it was only five days ago where it was freeze your nuts off cold, and today, even though its 23 degrees, its sweat your arse off weather.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  16:30:12  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm in the South Burnett CP and it's the same here - yesterday was a flanny and a tshirt under it with long pants - today it's shorts, shirt and thongs!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  18:58:55  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The weather is nearly good enough to crack out the whites and play cricket!

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2965 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 20 Jul 2016 :  08:43:26  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't worry guys, when the taxes start rolling in to Governments world wide, the "global warming' farce will evaporate in the glow of all that extra money.

Complete myth!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.66 seconds.