V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 I thought we had global warming ??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  10:17:23  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Enough of the personal attacks thanks.
Find another way to get your point across, if you have one.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  11:51:12  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Asking someone what they are doing to combat global warming is now a personal attack?

Typical biased moderating. Why dont you just throw out anyone who happens to disagree with you own personal worldview? Save yourself some time, and it would make it far easier to win arguments.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  11:56:09  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Asking someone what they are doing to combat global warming is now a personal attack?

Typical biased moderating. Why dont you just throw out anyone who happens to disagree with you own personal worldview? Save yourself some time, and it would make it far easier to win arguments.

You started with that "Yes, we all think you're wonderful, the way you see the problem and signal your virtue at every opportunity" and then you continued.
Try replying to the actual post.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  12:04:59  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Meh. See ya.
Go to Top of Page

sizzle
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
329 Posts
joined 29 Dec 03

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  12:57:23  Show Profile Send sizzle a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I suppose the thousands of years old wood in the Athabasca Glacier magically flew to the top of the snow packed peaks.
The ancient Incas also missed the email about the world ending!
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  17:22:55  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sizzle

I suppose the thousands of years old wood in the Athabasca Glacier magically flew to the top of the snow packed peaks.

No. The earth was warmer 8000 years ago. Sea levels were also higher.

I haven't heard anyone suggest the world will end. But there are a lot more humans on the planet now and relocating from coastal cities will he a hassle.

The main concern seems to be that temperatures are changing faster now than they ever have.

www.newscientist.com/article/dn11647-climate-myths-its-been-far-warmer-in-the-past-whats-the-big-deal/

_Mford

Edited by - djr18fan on 09 Jul 2019 17:23:46
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  17:52:23  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The Ancient Incas may have had poor e-mail skills, but they DID prophecy the end of the world, apparently in 2012.

Ah, well, you just can't trust an Ancient Inca
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  17:52:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

quote:

I haven't heard anyone suggest the world will end. But there are a lot more humans on the planet now and relocating from coastal cities will he a hassle.

The main concern seems to be that temperatures are changing faster now than they ever have.

www.newscientist.com/article/dn11647-climate-myths-its-been-far-warmer-in-the-past-whats-the-big-deal/

I think you may missed karter and I have asked what you have done yourself to help with this issue or is it just a government thing ?

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/a-trio-of-powerful-cold-fronts-to-bring-damaging-winds-and-rain-to-southeast-australia/news-story/eff9a96429482ec4f7bd5fa7ebad7fd1

Wish this global warming thing would hurry up

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 09 Jul 2019 18:03:15
Go to Top of Page

sizzle
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
329 Posts
joined 29 Dec 03

Posted - 09 Jul 2019 :  21:32:14  Show Profile Send sizzle a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

So just maybe the cycle continues.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  10:24:48  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

So just maybe the cycle continues.

Not according to the experts.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

sizzle
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
329 Posts
joined 29 Dec 03

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  13:34:45  Show Profile Send sizzle a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some of the so called "experts" who started this scam now preach from a different hymn book as well.
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1007 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  14:01:58  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Climate Change" the new religion. Also a good money maker too

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  14:33:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The original post in this thread had a link to a news report about the reduction and part-time disappearance of sunspots from the sun's surface. It mentioned NASA stating that the sun goes through increases and reductions in sunspots regularly, causing some heating and cooling. It then reports various scientists speculating about a mini ice age. None of that disputes global warming, in fact NASA has been stating for decades that the Earth is warming and that man's influence is a primary cause. NASA is not some left-wing, green inspired, political outfit with an agenda - it's pretty much the exact opposite.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/14/is-the-sun-causing-global-warming/

The Earth is warming, and the world-wide debate is arguing about how much mankind is causing that warming. That doesn't mean that sometime in centuries into the future that there could be another ice age, but that's highly unlikely on present trends.

How much effect has mankind had on the Earth's rising temperature? We could argue endlessly about how cold winter is in some part of Australia this year, or how it much warmer it was there fifty years ago, but overall over the past couple of centuries, the Earth is warming. Check out what NASA has been recording if you don't accept that as fact - and here's a thought: The Earth's temperature has been increasing at a very slow rate, but it just keeps increasing in very small but inexorable amounts - and that rate is increasing. Does anyone here think that since the beginning of the industrial age that all the land cleared, all the rainforest destroyed, all the increases in ruminant animals (sheep, cattle, etc), all the fuel burnt - coal, gas, oil, by trains, cars, trucks, planes, ships, power stations, etc, plus all the fires caused by man and the rapid increase in the world's population has had no effect on the planet?

The population of the Earth 5,000 BC was around 10,000,000
The population of the Earth 2,000 BC was around 190,000,000
The population of the Earth in 1800 was around 1,000,000,000
The population of the Earth in 1900 was around 1,650,000,000
The population of the Earth in 2019 is around 7,700,000,000

https://ourworldindata.org/uploads/2018/11/Annual-World-Population-since-10-thousand-BCE-for-OWID.png

That population wants a higher standard of living as well. More food, more land cleared, more fossil fuel burnt, more heating of water and the atmosphere.

The temperature of the Earth is rising. I am certain that mankind is adding to that rise in temperature. By how much? I don't know, but we're definitely adding to it.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Jul 2019 :  10:21:37  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Samantha Maiden 0:00pm, Jul 10, 2019 Updated: 10:31pm, Jul 10

quote:
Barnaby Joyce says the idea Australia can stop climate change is “barking mad”, and global warming is a better problem than the next ice age.

The former Nationals leader once famously warned Australians they could pay $150 for a lamb roast, as a result of Julia Gillard’s carbon tax.

Contrary to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate report, Mr Joyce is warning the climate change crisis campaign is overblown and says the push to reduce carbon emissions is pointless.

“The very idea that we can stop climate change is barking mad. Climate change is inevitable, as geology has always shown,” Mr Joyce said in a Facebook post.

Despite the majority of scientists saying otherwise, My Joyce says the push to reduce emissions is pointless. Photo: Getty
My Joyce said the push to reduce emissions is pointless. Photo: Getty
“These are the views of New Zealand lecturer of geology David Shelley – a person vastly more competent than me – and the flotilla of others telling the kids the world is going to end from global warming.

“The central theme of David Shelley’s analysis is that sea levels are rising and have been for thousands of years and will fall during the next ice age, which is expected about now, give or take a thousand years.

“When the ice age does arrive temperatures will drop around 10 degrees. A warmer planet will be a disconsolate chronicle and many, maybe most, will die from starvation as is the usual experience of man or beast in previous ice ages.”

Mr Joyce suggested we may come to look back on global warming as a better problem compared with freezing to death.

“The weather is going to brutally win the population problem and the Parliament of Australia has no power against it. One may suggest that warmer weather is the better problem of the two,” he said.

A Station near Parkes after New South Wales was declared 100% drought affected. Photo: AAP
A station near Parkes after NSW was declared 100 per cent drought affected. Photo: AAP
“One of the few graces of being on the backbench is you can be honest with what your views really are. I believe this is one of the greatest policy phantoms, the misguided and quite ludicrous proposition that Australia can have any effect on the climate.

“If we could, we should be the first to make it rain and, more importantly, stop the recurrence of an ice age any time in the coming millennium.”

Mr Joyce said even the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change had conceded that: “In climate research and modelling, we should recognise that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible”.

“You don’t get the feeling when you listen to the political propaganda or the supporting lobbyists that there is any doubt about their capacity to ‘fix the climate problem’,” he said.

“I do get the feeling that you will be tried for heresy if you dare question the zeitgeist, so you basically have to lie about your honest assessment of what the hell we are doing to our economy, standard of living, our basic rights and the real future of our children.

Mr Joyce said global warming might be better than freezing to death.
Mr Joyce said global warming might be better than freezing to death. Photo: AAP
“Private property rights are removed, by the implementation of vegetation laws, because of ‘climate action’. The state will limit your access to electricity because of ‘climate action’. You will drive an electric car because of ‘climate action’. You will divest the nation of its largest export because of ‘climate action’.

“I hate to say it but I doubt the majority of people on the planet don’t give a toss about the Paris Agreement. I would be amazed if one per cent of the planet could competently explain it.”

On the same day Mr Joyce’s post came to light, renowned environmentalist Sir David Attenborough told British MPs he found it “extraordinary” that politicians in Australia continue to deny climate change.

During the federal election, the former Labor leader Bill Shorten called Prime Minister Scott Morrison a “coal-wielding, climate-denying cave dweller”.

But Mr Morrison said he accepted the science of climate change.

“It’s important to have a balance in your emissions reductions policies. You’ve got to have the cool head as well as the passionate heart,” Mr Morrison said.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2019/07/10/barnaby-joyce-climate-change/
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Jul 2019 :  10:57:39  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sir David Attenborough says it’s ‘extraordinary’ powerful figures in Australia are climate sceptics

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/sir-david-attenborough-says-its-extraordinary-powerful-figures-in-australia-are-climate-sceptics/news-story/2ed9c0e0737f3a715fa3908c1b2ec4b2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds.