No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Other Open Wheelers
 Formula Ford
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1634 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  22:15:50  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the lowering of status and emergence of F4. Are new cars being built? I don't think they are.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  08:25:52  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't heard anything JR... it really is the ignored category... costs too much for the state guys to have a series... really has been a farce since day one.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11266 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  08:42:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are 23 cars in the National Series this weekend at Ipswich and there were 17 in the Vic series last weekend at Sandown, going by Natsoft.

Surely constructors like Borland and Listec are still building cars for the local entrants?

Questions have to be answered by those at the governing body as to why a series they have demoted, has double the entries of the winged Formula Ford class that ran there a week earlier.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  11:24:43  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
just realised I misinterpreted the question lol...

FF is continuing strong... can't see F4 ever really taking off here, everything seems so unavailable with that category whereas FF you still hear about every weekend if you care to look for it...

what excitement has F4 ever really gained anywhere?

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1634 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  20:52:01  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't paid close attention to the series. But I now notice Tander has a clear lead is the likely champ.

As far as the series goes. I'm not sure this is a good development. Leanne is in her mid 30s. She's very experienced in national level racing. Unless fford is now intending to make itself a pure amateur class, regardless of aspirations, then I don't think she should get much credit for winning (If she does).

She's racing for Sonic as well. I think if she wanted a national series win. She should've picked another class. Her presence has probably put a black spot on the young drivers she'd have beaten.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11266 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  23:45:30  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

I haven't paid close attention to the series. But I now notice Tander has a clear lead is the likely champ.

As far as the series goes. I'm not sure this is a good development. Leanne is in her mid 30s. She's very experienced in national level racing. Unless fford is now intending to make itself a pure amateur class, regardless of aspirations, then I don't think she should get much credit for winning (If she does).

She's racing for Sonic as well. I think if she wanted a national series win. She should've picked another class. Her presence has probably put a black spot on the young drivers she'd have beaten.

I beg to differ. If anything, Leanne Tander would bring more attention to the series while it is in its rebuilding phase after a few lean years as part of the Flying Circus, and of course the up yours from the governing body.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  08:35:48  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
seriously? how do you know the value of your 'up and comers' if they don't have someone of the calibre of Leanne to balance against?

some categories I do agree shouldn't have upper level drivers in but FF isn't one of them.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11266 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  17:34:49  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

seriously? how do you know the value of your 'up and comers' if they don't have someone of the calibre of Leanne to balance against?

some categories I do agree shouldn't have upper level drivers in but FF isn't one of them.

It's a bit like the Dunlop Series debate when you have Dumbrell types up against the LeBrocq/Jacobson/Goldings of the world.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  18:04:09  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
now Dunlop Series I would agree with you a little more... I think perhaps you could have a ruling of once you have had a full time drive in Supercars that you can't drive in the Dunlops... plenty of other categories are available...

whereas with the FF's it is a worldwide category in its own right as well as a national and state category... with this (and FVee) I think the older drivers are less likely to come into it as they do seem to be shown the way a little by the younger 'fearless' drivers where the more seasoned driver won't take the same risks...

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1634 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 30 Aug 2016 :  19:09:01  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nup. I know there's a lot of goodwill towards Leanne. But she's not Mika Hakkinen. But she's not that good. She's a decent clubbie, and that's it. Fford is for genuine youngsters or amateurs who haven't participated in a even slightly higher level of car/series, and want to progress or improve their ability. Not for experienced runners to best up on the less experienced If she wanted a national series win. The something like Production Car or GT3 Cup challenge was her go.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds.