No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 *SPOILER* Spa 2016
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  13:17:01  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nico on pole, then Verstappen, Raikkonnen, Vettel and Ricciardo.

Strangely, Mercedes has decided to take Lewis' new engine and penalty here. Bit weird IMO, since you'd think overtaking would be easier at Monza.

GoobaFish
Team Manager

Australia
1915 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  22:41:40  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a crazy race up to the red flag!
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2741 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  11:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Podium was fantastic! Solid drive by Dan, keeping out of trouble at the start.

Good to see Magnussen get out of the Renault, scary crash.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  12:43:44  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The battle ensuing Verstappen and Raikonnen is interesting!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7382 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  12:59:40  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not a fan of Max's blocking

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  20:57:11  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Not a fan of Max's blocking

Or even his overtaking... I think everyone knew it would funnel to what it did Spa T1, he still put his nose there.

He certainly keeps things interesting!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  21:16:17  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a little dick Verstappen is.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  23:24:05  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm glad you put a spoiler tag on this, unlike those ****ers at Channel Ten. I avoided going online or watching the news all day, because I'm FTA scum. Waiting for the highlights to start and watching their crappy Undercover Boss, they show an ad promoting the race saying something like "catch Daniel Ricciardo's podium" and showed Webber doing a shoey with Rosberg very clearly standing on the top step. Ruined first and second places and to an extent ruined the race a bit for me. Really pissed me off after going to so much effort to avoid results and the ********s give it away like five ****ing minutes before they show the race.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 31 Aug 2016 :  19:16:25  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I'm glad you put a spoiler tag on this, unlike those ****ers at Channel Ten. I avoided going online or watching the news all day, because I'm FTA scum. Waiting for the highlights to start and watching their crappy Undercover Boss, they show an ad promoting the race saying something like "catch Daniel Ricciardo's podium" and showed Webber doing a shoey with Rosberg very clearly standing on the top step. Ruined first and second places and to an extent ruined the race a bit for me. Really pissed me off after going to so much effort to avoid results and the ********s give it away like five ****ing minutes before they show the race.

If you want to see the race live, go and check the top comment of every Reddit race topic in /r/FormulaOne and go from there...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7382 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 31 Aug 2016 :  22:19:50  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/does-verstappen-need-be-stopped

Couldn't agree more

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  00:46:37  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Max definitely needs to be penalised before he causes a massive accident. It's literally only the reactions of the other drivers that has stopped it from already happening. His fans always comment that "he's still learning. He's only young". Well no. This is Formula One. There's no place for learning how to race around other cars in F1. That's what GP3 and GP2 are for. He might be fast, but he's dangerous.

Look at Grosjean. In 2012 he drove like an absolute idiot. A "first lap nutcase" in Mark Webber's words. Then when he tried to decapitate Alonso at Spa and got a one race ban, he woke up to himself. He still caused a few crashes in the later part of the year, but he'd settled down a lot and by 2013 was driving like an actual competent driver. Max needs the same.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  13:20:36  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Max definitely needs to be penalised before he causes a massive accident. It's literally only the reactions of the other drivers that has stopped it from already happening. His fans always comment that "he's still learning. He's only young". Well no. This is Formula One. There's no place for learning how to race around other cars in F1. That's what GP3 and GP2 are for. He might be fast, but he's dangerous.

Look at Grosjean. In 2012 he drove like an absolute idiot. A "first lap nutcase" in Mark Webber's words. Then when he tried to decapitate Alonso at Spa and got a one race ban, he woke up to himself. He still caused a few crashes in the later part of the year, but he'd settled down a lot and by 2013 was driving like an actual competent driver. Max needs the same.

I wouldn't put him in the same boat as Grosjean, but some points penalties need to start being applied - I honestly think a slap on the wrist is all he needs, nothing major.

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  07:13:01  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting to note that Mercedes replaced Lewis' engine THREE TIMES at Spa. All covered by the single "Go to the back of the grid" penalty.

So new he has three new engines for the rest of the season. Puts him in better shape than anyone else as far as engines go.

Allowed under the rules as they stand, but I'm sure that wasn't the intention of the restrictions on engine numbers, and penalties for changing them....
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  21:04:55  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Grid penalties for component changes are stupid, however if they must be in place, then they should be used correctly. Either make drivers serve any places they don't drop in following races, or alternatively, measure the space between grid slots, and if they have a 100 place penalty, literally make them start 100 spots back from where they qualify.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  21:37:55  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Interesting to note that Mercedes replaced Lewis' engine THREE TIMES at Spa. All covered by the single "Go to the back of the grid" penalty.

So new he has three new engines for the rest of the season. Puts him in better shape than anyone else as far as engines go.

Allowed under the rules as they stand, but I'm sure that wasn't the intention of the restrictions on engine numbers, and penalties for changing them....

That's a bit of a loophole there...

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 03 Sep 2016 :  07:14:57  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Grid penalties for component changes are stupid, however if they must be in place, then they should be used correctly. Either make drivers serve any places they don't drop in following races, or alternatively, measure the space between grid slots, and if they have a 100 place penalty, literally make them start 100 spots back from where they qualify.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that Lewis already served a "go to the back" penalty, when the engine originally blew up....

Anyway, the point is the engine rules were supposed to make F1 cheaper, but they've almost certainly had the opposite effect....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds.