V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6645 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  16:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After what we saw at Sandown, surely there will be a line up of people who would want to be signing this guy?

EDIT: After Sunday at Winton, it makes you wonder if Stanaway can really cut it? Surely Pitherís stocks have gone up?

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"

Edited by - Muz on 28 May 2019 04:40:19

C.O.Z
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
709 Posts
joined 29 Dec 09

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  16:45:08  Show Profile Send C.O.Z a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Depends if he wants to come and race full time in Aus.
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

615 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  17:00:56  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He is a factory Aston Martin driver in the World Endurance Championship. The line might be there, but the tickets are already sold out.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8088 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  17:40:33  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He is a Kiwi after all

Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2355 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  17:43:17  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
driving for Aston Martin has a much brighter future than a full time driver in Supercars... i know what i'd be doing if i was in his shoes.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  18:10:35  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He done well but i don't think we will see him in the near future, to much money to be made overseas
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  18:31:01  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He didn't impress me too much in the race and definitely not in the qualifying races (where did he finish again). I think for sure he has a future but the raps on him from the weekend shouldn't be as great as some are making them out to be given the circumstances of his stint in the race.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  21:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He's a gun, wouldn't be too perturbed by him not blowing the doors off them in his first appearance at Sandown, but look at what he's driven and what he's won, German F3 series winner, GP3 race winner, GP2 race winner and WEC GT race winner. Part of a talented bunch of kiwis who all popped up at the same time seemingly.

There's always been talks of him coming to V8s, not sure if many teams are in the position to take a chance on him though?

http://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/stanaway-keen-on-v8s-future-740000/

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  21:06:47  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He did a great job considering it was his first run in the series. I'd say he'll be here one day full-time, but probably still plenty to be done overseas first.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2355 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  21:45:01  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

He didn't impress me too much in the race and definitely not in the qualifying races (where did he finish again). I think for sure he has a future but the raps on him from the weekend shouldn't be as great as some are making them out to be given the circumstances of his stint in the race.

sure, he didn't do too flash in the quali races, but how many other people can drive a supercar on slicks, in the wet, in their first attempt? i'm tipping he would have out-done some of the primary drivers at that exercise.

not to mention he completely outclassed Pither and made him look extremely average.

Edited by - ignition on 20 Sep 2016 21:53:11
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  22:55:07  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The guy was on pace with any of the other co-drivers, in his first V8 race, while driving on slicks in the wet, and he didn't even bin it.

And then Pither basically blew it all in 5 laps.

Quite a few of the top guys binned it.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  00:46:54  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:

The guy was on pace with any of the other co-drivers, in his first V8 race, while driving on slicks in the wet, and he didn't even bin it.

I thought i heard on inside supercars that he was nearly 3 seconds a lap faster then then any other car during a part of his stint on slicks in the wet. Not sure if it was other cars on slicks or all the co-drivers.
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  05:56:07  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:

quote:

I thought i heard on inside supercars that he was nearly 3 seconds a lap faster then then any other car during a part of his stint on slicks in the wet. Not sure if it was other cars on slicks or all the co-drivers.

Yea, but bundy said he's no good, so the experts must bow to his superior knowledge.

NOT!

Go to Top of Page

Darren51p
Formula Ford Driver

New Zealand
270 Posts
joined 13 Apr 06

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  06:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Darren51p's Homepage  Click to see Darren51p's MSN Messenger address Send Darren51p a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:

quote:

Yea, but bundy said he's no good, so the experts must bow to his superior knowledge.

NOT!

Yeah he's pretty good alright, if he wants to join v8s someone will make room! As for Pither blowing it... 27GV if Pither won the race he still would of blowen it in your eyes...
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  08:31:16  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another driver destined for great things, hopefully the Euro dream continues for him and he just keeps doing the Enduro Cup as a little side project for his racing season

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  10:00:02  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very imoressive

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.88 seconds.