V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Nov 2018 :  20:24:48  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

He said Holdsworth braked but from the rear view of the incident, there were no brake lights on car 18. In saying that, it did look like Holdsworth slowed. I donít think a penalty was fair for Richie for that one.

Did anyone see the interview after the race? Saying the series is a joke, judicial system and parity?

We need more Richies in the series.



I could near guarantee you, that if Richie was driving for Roland he wouldnt have been pinged

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager



New Zealand
8087 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 03 Nov 2018 :  20:33:09  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

He said Holdsworth braked but from the rear view of the incident, there were no brake lights on car 18. In saying that, it did look like Holdsworth slowed. I donít think a penalty was fair for Richie for that one.

Did anyone see the interview after the race? Saying the series is a joke, judicial system and parity?

We need more Richies in the series.



I could near guarantee you, that if Richie was driving for Roland he wouldnt have been pinged


I guess weíll never know.
What I do remember was Whincup penalty at Bathurst which cost them the win in 2016.
And that was an unfair penalty.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Nov 2018 :  20:33:56  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

He said Holdsworth braked but from the rear view of the incident, there were no brake lights on car 18. In saying that, it did look like Holdsworth slowed. I donít think a penalty was fair for Richie for that one.

Did anyone see the interview after the race? Saying the series is a joke, judicial system and parity?

We need more Richies in the series.



I could near guarantee you, that if Richie was driving for Roland he wouldnt have been pinged


I guess weíll never know.
What I do remember was Whincup penalty at Bathurst which cost them the win in 2016.
And that was an unfair penalty.



Rubbish.....

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Nov 2018 :  20:37:01  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Spanaway did not cause that crash, Could add turned in on Holdsworth who in turn brakes leaving Stanaway with nowhere to go! He got penalised within 2 laps of the restart! How funny is it that a Tickford car can get penalised so quickly but 888 stuff gets looked at after the race. I wonder how EREBUS feel about 888 getting away with spinning wheels today!



Erebus won't say **** because the Irishman will pull the supply of parts from them

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Nov 2018 :  20:40:51  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are probably right Col, EREBUS get there **** from 888 so wont say jack**** about the penalty!
Spanaway has a point in his comments!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager



New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

 offline

Posted - 04 Nov 2018 :  08:47:13  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After checking in car data, officials find that Holdsworth slowed where a car normally wouldn't, Stanaway lifted and braked but couldn't avoid contact. No further action warranted but original drive through penalty not challenged due to conditions and circumstances (meaning Richie should have kept more of a gap?)
Meanwhile - Heimgartner gets 5 second penalty for contact with Stanaway that put him back there earlier.
I can understand Stansway being frustrated after qualifying quite well but not being able to get a result from that.
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/coulthard-ford-repaired-no-further-stanaway-sanction/

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 04 Nov 2018 :  11:37:55  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Spanaway did not cause that crash, Could add turned in on Holdsworth who in turn brakes leaving Stanaway with nowhere to go! He got penalised within 2 laps of the restart! How funny is it that a Tickford car can get penalised so quickly but 888 stuff gets looked at after the race. I wonder how EREBUS feel about 888 getting away with spinning wheels today!



Erebus won't say **** because the Irishman will pull the supply of parts from them




Yeah because a successful business always puts opinions before profit!

Stanaway would of been far better of at another team, Tickford have ruined his chance in Supercars, just like they have with Chaz! Both could of been much more successful at other teams with better management and development capabilities.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 04 Nov 2018 :  14:19:46  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Spanaway did not cause that crash, Could add turned in on Holdsworth who in turn brakes leaving Stanaway with nowhere to go! He got penalised within 2 laps of the restart! How funny is it that a Tickford car can get penalised so quickly but 888 stuff gets looked at after the race. I wonder how EREBUS feel about 888 getting away with spinning wheels today!



Erebus won't say **** because the Irishman will pull the supply of parts from them




Yeah because a successful business always puts opinions before profit!

Stanaway would of been far better of at another team, Tickford have ruined his chance in Supercars, just like they have with Chaz! Both could of been much more successful at other teams with better management and development capabilities.


Stanaway sure. Reading between the lines, it seems like he had the world offered to him at Tickford, but recieved nothing.

Chaz no. We all have short memories. Remember he won Bathurst and was a genuine title contender until his Bathurst shunt.
I think his leg has had more to do with his pace than Tickford.


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 04 Nov 2018 14:20:32
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 04 Nov 2018 :  19:57:31  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Spanaway did not cause that crash, Could add turned in on Holdsworth who in turn brakes leaving Stanaway with nowhere to go! He got penalised within 2 laps of the restart! How funny is it that a Tickford car can get penalised so quickly but 888 stuff gets looked at after the race. I wonder how EREBUS feel about 888 getting away with spinning wheels today!



Erebus won't say **** because the Irishman will pull the supply of parts from them




Yeah because a successful business always puts opinions before profit!

Stanaway would of been far better of at another team, Tickford have ruined his chance in Supercars, just like they have with Chaz! Both could of been much more successful at other teams with better management and development capabilities.


Stanaway sure. Reading between the lines, it seems like he had the world offered to him at Tickford, but recieved nothing.

Chaz no. We all have short memories. Remember he won Bathurst and was a genuine title contender until his Bathurst shunt.
I think his leg has had more to do with his pace than Tickford.





The whole team has gone to **** since then, I think it's more a management and team morale thing then his leg.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 04 Nov 2018 :  21:42:17  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The simple fact is that Tickford had three drivers on contract, and are handing back one REC.

Even so, they tried to sign Frosty, which would have been 4 contracted drivers and three cars.

One driver was the obvious choice to drop back to enduro driver or Super2.

I wonder who that could be.

It still remains to be seen if Tickford are still chasing, from outside the team, a replacement for Frosty.
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager


Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

 offline

Posted - 05 Nov 2018 :  17:11:04  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505
Stanaway would of been far better of at another team, Tickford have ruined his chance in Supercars, just like they have with Chaz! Both could of been much more successful at other teams with better management and development capabilities.



Of course, that could be said in hindsight but could it really?

For 2018, what seats were available that could be considered better than Tickford?

Go to Top of Page

Rampaging Monkey
Team Manager


1874 Posts
joined 18 Feb 06

 offline

Posted - 06 Nov 2018 :  08:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Rampaging Monkey's Homepage Send Rampaging Monkey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

EREBUS get there **** from 888 so wont say jack**** about the penalty!



I don't believe Erebus use any optional 888 parts, aside from the ZB Commodore bodywork and 888 control parts (e.g., the 888 control pedalbox that all cars use, even DJRTP).

Erebus make their own front suspension and use Walkinshaw Andretti engines. The rear suspension is PACE innovations and the same for all cars.

quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman
Reading between the lines, it seems like he had the world offered to him at Tickford, but recieved nothing.





To the contrary, Stanaway has likely received a car the same spec as the others -- the problem is more likely he hasn't driven it well.

Edited by - Rampaging Monkey on 06 Nov 2018 08:34:36
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion



New Zealand
902 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

 offline

Posted - 06 Nov 2018 :  09:35:49  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rampaging Monkey

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

EREBUS get there **** from 888 so wont say jack**** about the penalty!



I don't believe Erebus use any optional 888 parts, aside from the ZB Commodore bodywork and 888 control parts (e.g., the 888 control pedalbox that all cars use, even DJRTP).

Erebus make their own front suspension and use Walkinshaw Andretti engines. The rear suspension is PACE innovations and the same for all cars.

quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman
Reading between the lines, it seems like he had the world offered to him at Tickford, but recieved nothing.





To the contrary, Stanaway has likely received a car the same spec as the others -- the problem is more likely he hasn't driven it well.



highly doubt his car is equal to Chaz's or Cam's

the 4th FPR/PRA/TF car has always struggled. no different to Nissan or when Walkinshaw had 4 it just doesn't work for whatever reason (staff spread too thinly, focus only on main drivers, ect).

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 06 Nov 2018 :  10:35:26  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have no doubt Stanaway's car was as good as others, particularly after they gave him the teams number one car.

The difference may be crew, but the cars engineer relies heavily on feedback from the driver.

Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6645 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 06 Nov 2018 :  10:57:05  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505
Stanaway would of been far better of at another team, Tickford have ruined his chance in Supercars, just like they have with Chaz! Both could of been much more successful at other teams with better management and development capabilities.



Of course, that could be said in hindsight but could it really?

For 2018, what seats were available that could be considered better than Tickford?





Also I seem to recall Stanaway mandating that he wanted to be in a top team, and Tickford were on song in 2017. So, he is exactly where he wanted to be.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.16 seconds.