V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  10:00:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

I do wonder how much of what Richie said was true about last year?

It was toxic last year within the team and it lead to the piss poor results. The treatment of both Frosty and Richie behind closed doors is embarrassing to The sport. Shame all the one eyed Ford fans can not see it for how it actually was and lay the boot into Richie all the time.

Signing with Tickford was the biggest mistake of Richies career and I am sure Frosty wishes he moved on long before now.

Be very interesting to see how they start treating the other drivers when they have bad weekends due to management and team **** ups in coming months.

Why single out Ford fans when there's many fans of all marques who have laid into Richie?
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  10:44:21  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

It was toxic last year within the team and it lead to the piss poor results. The treatment of both Frosty and Richie behind closed doors is embarrassing to The sport. Shame all the one eyed Ford fans can not see it for how it actually was and lay the boot into Richie all the time.

Signing with Tickford was the biggest mistake of Richies career and I am sure Frosty wishes he moved on long before now.

Be very interesting to see how they start treating the other drivers when they have bad weekends due to management and team **** ups in coming months.

Never miss an opportunity to lay into the Ford fans do you Troll, sorry I mean Troy.

This is all on Richie. Say what you will about the 4th car at Tickford, no other driver has behaved as unprofessionally as Richie when in that same seat. Itís no wonder why you sympathize with Richie, your posts on this forum reek of immaturity just like his behavior at Townsville.

Richie has Tim Edwards to thank for bringing him into the sport and giving him a winning car on debut. Edwards wouldnít sack a good driver unless he was underperforming or out of line, Richie was both.

Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  13:49:41  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bartlett

Oh Ritchie Castaway, please stop talking. See on the speed cat website heís quoted as saying something along the lines of the other guys being quicker because they donít have the broad range of experiences heís got!! Who is this guy?
The other article today about me Boost mobile grabbing headlines shows that these two should get on like a house on fire as theyíre both as arrogant as each other. Whatever happened to class in front of the camera? Brock, seto, and many others had some decorum, but this bloke? No thanks.

What he said was along the lines of he is not as good as the other supercar drivers because he has much less experience driving cars like that. His experience in other categories has resulted in him developing a technique that doesn't suit supercars. Morris stated a while ago that Stanaway performed very well in the wet because he had a driving style that generated heat in the tyres. Good for wet roads. Not for dry.
Why did he not get this coaching last year?
He's excelled in every other class he's driven. Perhaps with appropriate coaching for those classes. Supercars may not suit him. Or maybe with proper guidance he'll master this too.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

zeta
V8 Champion

Australia
886 Posts
joined 03 Oct 04

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  16:25:59  Show Profile Send zeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could be like Alex Davison, a jet in GT style cars, but could never get the hang of a supercar. Hopefully the Dude sorts him out. Actually the fact that he is working with Stanaway leads me to believe that Richie must be OK away from a TV interview. Paul Morris hasnít got patience for ****ers.
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Mar 2019 :  23:43:51  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Somewhat ironic that you mention Davison in relation to Stanaway's performance in the 4th FPR/PRA/TR car as Alex actually still has the only podium and the best championship performance in the team's 4th car with 13th in 2013 (seven spots higher than Bright in 2017). His brother might just take that record though...

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 11 Mar 2019 :  11:43:43  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I'd ask you to share your information but I know by now that all you do is mention some vague crap and then refuse to go into detail. Whether it be about their funds (which you seem to know the most about) or what goes on 'behind closed doors'. Share what you 'know' or don't say anything at all. Richie behaved like a child. He has two people to thank for him racing this year and one of them is Tim Edwards.

Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 11 Mar 2019 :  12:16:08  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Iím usually the first to lay the boot into PRA, but regardless how 2nd rate the car was, he acted like a spoilt brat. If I was his boss, I would have sacked him too with that attitude.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 11 Mar 2019 :  21:41:22  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Iím usually the first to lay the boot into PRA, but regardless how 2nd rate the car was, he acted like a spoilt brat. If I was his boss, I would have sacked him too with that attitude.

Couldn't agree more. But Troy never let the truth get in the way of a good FPR/Tickford bash

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 12 Mar 2019 :  04:15:00  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Unless you weren't capable of running 4 cars effectively, so handed an REC back. And had your highest profile driver quit, so decided to accept the resignation of another who from experience knew how a motor racing team should be run.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 12 Mar 2019 :  12:30:03  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

Couldn't agree more. But Troy never let the truth get in the way of a good FPR/Tickford bash

Bash? Speak to stanaway, Frosty or any of the drivers, team members whom are now elsewhere or even some still there. Ask Bright about the car he was given. Maybe even ask Tim why the best they could do was sign Lee.

Things are much worse at Tickford then anything Richie has said or done. You do not publicly act that way and say things in a sport with such limited opportunities for nothing.

Be interesting to see if Richie can beat 3 of the 4 tickford cars next year once Chaz is gone.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2019 :  13:26:47  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bash? Speak to stanaway, Frosty or any of the drivers, team members whom are now elsewhere or even some still there. Ask Bright about the car he was given. Maybe even ask Tim why the best they could do was sign Lee.

Things are much worse at Tickford then anything Richie has said or done. You do not publicly act that way and say things in a sport with such limited opportunities for nothing.

Be interesting to see if Richie can beat 3 of the 4 tickford cars next year once Chaz is gone.

I agree...yep Richie comes across to have an attitude problem, but blind Freddy can see that Tickford have some serious management issues

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Mar 2019 :  14:20:32  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree...yep Richie comes across to have an attitude problem, but blind Freddy can see that Tickford have some serious management issues

Yep! They only managed third in the teams championship.

But this is about Stanaway. Tickford went well and truly out of their way. They purchased a REC to provide him with a full time drive and chucked a lot of money away but giving it up when they sacked him.

Was he ever in the news praising them for the great opportunity of driving Supercars?

They are well rid of him. He helped Waters drag their second team way down in the championship.

GRM are clearly being paid big bucks to provide a car for him to drive. Fortunately GRM have their TCR and S5000 interests to sustain their racer instincts.

One for the money and two for the show.
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 12 Mar 2019 :  19:46:56  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Have you spoken to them, if so what did they say?

quote:

Do you know this because you have spoken to members/former members of the team OR

quote:

It certainly will but i'd be surprised, I don't believe GRM are a better team than Tickford.

Chaz is for sure going?
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 13 Mar 2019 :  04:30:20  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

quote:

quote:

Was he ever in the news praising them for the great opportunity of driving Supercars?

Yes.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  06:14:10  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Richie, saving us all from cafe latte' drivers-!

www.supercars.com/news/championship/rogers-defends-stanaway-after-disqualification/?sf209530549=1&fbclid=IwAR24o6Dwv0PCOVo8kvAaUxm2iDVRP9ipgOI8omZgjUhHgLJeTI-CENq1QGw

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 19 Mar 2019 06:14:50
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.17 seconds.