V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6638 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  13:41:15  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Richie, saving us all from cafe latte' drivers-!

www.supercars.com/news/championship/rogers-defends-stanaway-after-disqualification/?sf209530549=1&fbclid=IwAR24o6Dwv0PCOVo8kvAaUxm2iDVRP9ipgOI8omZgjUhHgLJeTI-CENq1QGw



This comment is so far off the pace, in fact the entire attitude of that team sucks in regards to this. I could not be less of a GRM fan if I tried this year.

I agree, nothing wrong with a bit of rubbing, a few taps. But there is a difference between that and lining a bloke up. On the weekend, Stanaway lined Holdsworth up, not to pass him, purely to run into him for the purpose of ramming him. That isn't cool and it's not on, no matter how good your pedigree is.

Bring on tough racing, but not spoiled brats ramming each other in their $300,000 race cars.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  23:33:38  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kinda hard to believe that's the same team as the ones running the Volvo team three years ago. Hell it's hard to believe they're the same team as two years ago with Tander doing well...

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew


144 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

 online

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  23:36:21  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And one that had a pretty big following too :(
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  23:57:56  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bartlett

And one that had a pretty big following too :(



Exactly. Not popular now to many.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4023 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  00:34:05  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Kinda hard to believe that's the same team as the ones running the Volvo team three years ago. Hell it's hard to believe they're the same team as two years ago with Tander doing well...



They had drivers that were proven competent in the big V8 racers.

Stanaway had a good reputation when overseas, partly because we heard about his results, not his utterances.

Pushing hard when racing for the top 5 or top 10 is understandable.

Pushing hard to the car banging stage when competing for the bottom 5 or bottom 10 is less so.

Maybe he should be looking to return to lightweight racers or endurance races, or serve some time in Super2 learning the craft.

Perhaps Boost could spring the money for some PR training.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6638 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  12:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oldtimer, unfortunately PR training doesn't help with intelligence!

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

After what we saw at Sandown, surely there will be a line up of people who would want to be signing this guy?





So, revisiting my opening post. I regret everything I said.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 online

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  12:03:41  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm just waiting for the inevitable announcement that the team has been sold and Garry and Barry can have a well funded retirement building S5000 cars and looking after their TCR Alfas.

Said drivers sponsor has been way more vocal than said driver's team owner.
Go to Top of Page

simonr23
V8 Champion


1347 Posts
joined 08 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  13:37:44  Show Profile Send simonr23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe not soon, but I agree that a sale/ownership shuffle seems on the cards for 2020. A shame, as GRM have been my second favourite team since the early 2000ís.
Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion



New Zealand
1129 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

 offline

Posted - 21 Mar 2019 :  19:34:40  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

This comment is so far off the pace, in fact the entire attitude of that team sucks in regards to this. I could not be less of a GRM fan if I tried this year.

I'd hazard a guess that what Garry said to Richie behind closed doors is not quite the same as what he said in public. And even if not, the penalty tells Richie all he needs to know. We saw what happened when Richie got on the wrong side of Tickford. Probably quite clever by Garry to defend him this early in the season and give him a chance to continue cleaning up his act.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
2517 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 21 Mar 2019 :  20:45:50  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

This comment is so far off the pace, in fact the entire attitude of that team sucks in regards to this. I could not be less of a GRM fan if I tried this year.

I'd hazard a guess that what Garry said to Richie behind closed doors is not quite the same as what he said in public. And even if not, the penalty tells Richie all he needs to know. We saw what happened when Richie got on the wrong side of Tickford. Probably quite clever by Garry to defend him this early in the season and give him a chance to continue cleaning up his act.



GRM treat their drivers with a lot more respect then Tickford do

Edited by - troy01505 on 21 Mar 2019 20:46:15
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 21 Mar 2019 :  20:52:50  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

This comment is so far off the pace, in fact the entire attitude of that team sucks in regards to this. I could not be less of a GRM fan if I tried this year.

I'd hazard a guess that what Garry said to Richie behind closed doors is not quite the same as what he said in public. And even if not, the penalty tells Richie all he needs to know. We saw what happened when Richie got on the wrong side of Tickford. Probably quite clever by Garry to defend him this early in the season and give him a chance to continue cleaning up his act.



GRM treat their drivers with a lot more respect then Tickford do

tander might not agree

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
2517 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 21 Mar 2019 :  22:38:22  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

This comment is so far off the pace, in fact the entire attitude of that team sucks in regards to this. I could not be less of a GRM fan if I tried this year.

I'd hazard a guess that what Garry said to Richie behind closed doors is not quite the same as what he said in public. And even if not, the penalty tells Richie all he needs to know. We saw what happened when Richie got on the wrong side of Tickford. Probably quite clever by Garry to defend him this early in the season and give him a chance to continue cleaning up his act.



GRM treat their drivers with a lot more respect then Tickford do

tander might not agree



Why? Tander was always treated extremely well. If boost did not jump on board h3 would not of been paid much if at all anyway
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6638 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 22 Mar 2019 :  12:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

This comment is so far off the pace, in fact the entire attitude of that team sucks in regards to this. I could not be less of a GRM fan if I tried this year.

I'd hazard a guess that what Garry said to Richie behind closed doors is not quite the same as what he said in public. And even if not, the penalty tells Richie all he needs to know. We saw what happened when Richie got on the wrong side of Tickford. Probably quite clever by Garry to defend him this early in the season and give him a chance to continue cleaning up his act.



GRM treat their drivers with a lot more respect then Tickford do



Not sure what happens behind closed doors at Tickford, but Stanaway got what he deserved from Tickford.

Perhaps GRM can also show respect for fellow competitors? What Stanaway did to Holdsworth was unsportsmanlike. I bump and go to pass him would have been adequate, but he took a gun to a knife fight.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver



Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

 offline

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  11:23:19  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

EDIT: After Sunday at Winton, it makes you wonder if Stanaway can really cut it? Surely Pitherís stocks have gone up?


Pither had a good clean drive with half decent results. But he's nowhere near as good a driver as Garth Tander and Boost Mobile was unhappy enough to kick him out.

Boost doesn't care so much about results all they want is media coverage. Stanaway gives them that, Pither probably wouldn't if he was signed up next year.

I think it's really hard to judge Stanaway's performance again this year. This is only his second year and last year he was stuck with a team who (allegedly) didn't provide a good learning environment.

He's stuck in the same boat at GRM, driving alongside Golding who's got even less experience as a driver (though at least Golding did have a good environment alongside Tander last year - and that's showed with a good improvement this year).

If this neck injury is as bad as it looks, I think it might be the end of his career in the main game.

edit: I wrote Rulo when I meant Golding

Edited by - abhibeckert on 28 May 2019 14:04:26
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  12:43:42  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

EDIT: After Sunday at Winton, it makes you wonder if Stanaway can really cut it? Surely Pitherís stocks have gone up?


Pither had a good clean drive with half decent results. But he's nowhere near as good a driver as Garth Tander and Boost Mobile was unhappy enough to kick him out.

Boost doesn't care so much about results all they want is media coverage. Stanaway gives them that, Pither probably wouldn't if he was signed up next year.

I think it's really hard to judge Stanaway's performance again this year. This is only his second year and last year he was stuck with a team who (allegedly) didn't provide a good learning environment.

He's stuck in the same boat at GRM, driving alongside Alex Rulo who's got even less experience as a driver (though at least Rulo did have a good environment alongside Tander last year - and that's showed with a good improvement this year).

If this neck injury is as bad as it looks, I think it might be the end of his career in the main game.


Rullo Golding.


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.8 seconds.