V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6643 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  10:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speedcafe posted this: http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/09/21/stunning-stanaway-no-surprise-to-prodrive/

Interesting that it says he is eager to look at options about coming back to this side of the world - I thought I had previously heard that, but was not sure, hence this topic.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  11:04:49  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

He didn't impress me too much in the race and definitely not in the qualifying races (where did he finish again). I think for sure he has a future but the raps on him from the weekend shouldn't be as great as some are making them out to be given the circumstances of his stint in the race.

The guy was on pace with any of the other co-drivers, in his first V8 race, while driving on slicks in the wet, and he didn't even bin it.

And then Pither basically blew it all in 5 laps.

Quite a few of the top guys binned it.

I thought i heard on inside supercars that he was nearly 3 seconds a lap faster then then any other car during a part of his stint on slicks in the wet. Not sure if it was other cars on slicks or all the co-drivers.

Yea, but bundy said he's no good, so the experts must bow to his superior knowledge.

NOT!

I didn't say he was no good. I said that he shouldn't be being put out to be some messiah based on his weekend's performance, especially as it was one weekend and really about 20% of his time in the race seat. We'll re-visit this after Bathurst.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  11:23:47  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

He didn't impress me too much in the race and definitely not in the qualifying races (where did he finish again). I think for sure he has a future but the raps on him from the weekend shouldn't be as great as some are making them out to be given the circumstances of his stint in the race.

The guy was on pace with any of the other co-drivers, in his first V8 race, while driving on slicks in the wet, and he didn't even bin it.

I thought i heard on inside supercars that he was nearly 3 seconds a lap faster then then any other car during a part of his stint on slicks in the wet. Not sure if it was other cars on slicks or all the co-drivers.

I was watching it on live time.. There was only 3 cars on soft tyres at the time.. Stanaway, Canto & Cam.. I wasn't watching Cam, so I'm not sure what times he was doing. But Stanaway was slower than Canto. Canto was miles behind & court up to him & was stuck behind him. Then a gap appear between them as they both were trying to pass cars on wets & then Canto started to close the gap again after they passed the slower car. So he wasn't quicker than Canto on the same tyres.. However, he didn't put it into the field like Canto did!!

Edited by - joe5619 on 21 Sep 2016 11:27:05
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6643 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  12:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was watching it on live time.. There was only 3 cars on soft tyres at the time.. Stanaway, Canto & Cam.. I wasn't watching Cam, so I'm not sure what times he was doing. But Stanaway was slower than Canto. Canto was miles behind & court up to him & was stuck behind him. Then a gap appear between them as they both were trying to pass cars on wets & then Canto started to close the gap again after they passed the slower car. So he wasn't quicker than Canto on the same tyres.. However, he didn't put it into the field like Canto did!!

To me it isn't about Stanaway being faster than Canto - let's keep in mind that Dean has been doing this for more than 15 years.

I think the point is that Stanaway was very, very impressive in his first outing in a supercar, and his first outing in wet weather. Not many guys show that much raw speed and car control their first time in the car.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  14:21:21  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Darren51p

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yea, but bundy said he's no good, so the experts must bow to his superior knowledge.

NOT!

Yeah he's pretty good alright, if he wants to join v8s someone will make room! As for Pither blowing it... 27GV if Pither won the race he still would of blowen it in your eyes...

So tell me how dropping from about 3rd to 17th isn't blowing it?

To put it in perspective, he finished behind Slade, who was only that far back because of a penalty.

If there was a choice between Pither, Le Brocq and Stanaway for the 4th PRA seat, I know who I'd want the least.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Darren51p
Formula Ford Driver

New Zealand
270 Posts
joined 13 Apr 06

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  14:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Darren51p's Homepage  Click to see Darren51p's MSN Messenger address Send Darren51p a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darren51p

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

NOT!

Yeah he's pretty good alright, if he wants to join v8s someone will make room! As for Pither blowing it... 27GV if Pither won the race he still would of blowen it in your eyes...

So tell me how dropping from about 3rd to 17th isn't blowing it?

To put it in perspective, he finished behind Slade, who was only that far back because of a penalty.

If there was a choice between Pither, Le Brocq and Stanaway for the 4th PRA seat, I know who I'd want the least.

I didnt say he didn't blow it? Just said it wouldn't of mattered what CP done it would have ment he blew it to you... Just having him in the series disgusts you don't it... Even tho there's Moffat, waters, Blanchard, wood, percat, heimgater behind him in the championship...
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  18:43:19  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stanaway did car 111's fastest lap in the race. His fastest lap was the 4th fastest of all the co-drivers. Canto did car 1's fastest, but was not as quick as Stanaway's fastest. Stanaway did 12 laps in the 1.10's. Pither did 2 in the 1.10's. Canto did 13 laps in the 1.10's. Canto's laps were pretty consistent though. The average of his best 12 were better than the average of Stanaway's so he was catching more laps than he was dropping back. Traffic may have played a part in all laps. Ingall did not get into the 10's at all by the way.
Stanaway's fastest lap was the 11th quickest on the day. So better than more than half of the full time drivers.
And as far as I saw, never once made an error.

With so little experience in these cars - these stats tell me after one weekend it's safe to say he's very talented.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  21:24:38  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well said.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  06:49:46  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

With so little experience in these cars - these stats tell me after one weekend it's safe to say he's very talented.

Given he has a works drive with Aston Martin at world championship level, i think it goes without saying he is very talented

I'd hardly be claiming him as a Supercar star based on one stint when he was on the right tyres and 95% of the rest of the field weren't thought...
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  07:34:00  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Stanaway did car 111's fastest lap in the race. His fastest lap was the 4th fastest of all the co-drivers. Canto did car 1's fastest, but was not as quick as Stanaway's fastest. Stanaway did 12 laps in the 1.10's. Pither did 2 in the 1.10's. Canto did 13 laps in the 1.10's. Canto's laps were pretty consistent though. The average of his best 12 were better than the average of Stanaway's so he was catching more laps than he was dropping back. Traffic may have played a part in all laps. Ingall did not get into the 10's at all by the way.
Stanaway's fastest lap was the 11th quickest on the day. So better than more than half of the full time drivers.

Wow, that's embarrassing for Pither.. No wonder the car went backwards when he got in.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6643 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  08:15:17  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

Given he has a works drive with Aston Martin at world championship level, i think it goes without saying he is very talented

I'd hardly be claiming him as a Supercar star based on one stint when he was on the right tyres and 95% of the rest of the field weren't thought...

I don't think that's the claim at all...but not many show that much promise first time out.

Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2698 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  09:35:46  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Wow, that's embarrassing for Pither.. No wonder the car went backwards when he got in.

I wouldn't say it is embarrassing. With the mixed conditions across the race, I don't think comparison of lap times is a great indicator of performance between drivers in the same car. Premat, Webb, Wall, Richards, Perkins, D'Alberto, Walsh, David Russell and Le Brocq also did the fastest race laps for their cars (although they have all driven these cars before). Plus, we don't really know how each car's performance varied throughout the race; it may not have been just down to the driver.

Edited by - Kytabu on 22 Sep 2016 09:37:42
Go to Top of Page

Champcarman
V8 Champion

Australia
1399 Posts
joined 29 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  12:34:56  Show Profile  Visit Champcarman's Homepage Send Champcarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who remembers him in Australian FF?
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 22 Sep 2016 :  21:41:22  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 23 Sep 2016 :  00:43:16  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't remember him in Formula Ford. When was he in there? I do however remember Mitch Evans in Formula Ford, but that's another story.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 15.48 seconds.