V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 23 Sep 2016 :  04:11:29  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did 2009 with BRM and finished 6th despite missing a couple of rounds due to his Euro testing/race committments

With a brand new team to the category that's a pretty good effort

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 23 Oct 2016 :  21:29:55  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

He didn't impress me too much in the race and definitely not in the qualifying races (where did he finish again). I think for sure he has a future but the raps on him from the weekend shouldn't be as great as some are making them out to be given the circumstances of his stint in the race.

The guy was on pace with any of the other co-drivers, in his first V8 race, while driving on slicks in the wet, and he didn't even bin it.

And then Pither basically blew it all in 5 laps.

Quite a few of the top guys binned it.

I thought i heard on inside supercars that he was nearly 3 seconds a lap faster then then any other car during a part of his stint on slicks in the wet. Not sure if it was other cars on slicks or all the co-drivers.

Yea, but bundy said he's no good, so the experts must bow to his superior knowledge.

NOT!

I didn't say he was no good. I said that he shouldn't be being put out to be some messiah based on his weekend's performance, especially as it was one weekend and really about 20% of his time in the race seat. We'll re-visit this after Bathurst.

I have now had a chance to re-assess Stanaway as a driver and I have included Gold Coast as well for further proof of his abilities and I am happy with my original assessment.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Oct 2016 :  23:24:10  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shame we didn't really get to see Stanaway have a run at the front due to Pither's poor qualifying. He was very fast generally, even despite his error in the race today. Much faster than Pither in the race at Bathurst which was impressive.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  08:20:45  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

Shame we didn't really get to see Stanaway have a run at the front due to Pither's poor qualifying. He was very fast generally, even despite his error in the race today. Much faster than Pither in the race at Bathurst which was impressive.

Would be good to see him co-drive mext year with some ability to qualify and race at yhe front
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6645 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  11:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd like to see him full time at SBR...or maybe they should split the drivers for the year based around Stanaway's WEC commitments? Put Pither in when he can't be there, then they pair up for Enduro's.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10344 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  14:54:45  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

I'd like to see him full time at SBR...or maybe they should split the drivers for the year based around Stanaway's WEC commitments? Put Pither in when he can't be there, then they pair up for Enduro's.

Does the SBR entry exist without the Pither/Ice Break money on a full-time basis?
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6645 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  15:52:04  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Does the SBR entry exist without the Pither/Ice Break money on a full-time basis?

That's a great question.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  17:25:15  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So much criticism of Pither this season despite being his first full time. Why?

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1712 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 24 Oct 2016 :  20:23:39  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stanaway was impressive in my opinion. Even more impressive than his speed was his ability to admit when he made a mistake and not try and blame others. I look forward to seeinghim become a more permanent member of the circus.

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  01:14:09  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought he was very good. Hardly surprising seeing his cv though

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

Rampaging Monkey
Team Manager

1874 Posts
joined 18 Feb 06

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  02:49:16  Show Profile  Visit Rampaging Monkey's Homepage Send Rampaging Monkey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Honestly, I think Matt Campbell was the most impressive driver! To see Campbell, in a "lowly" Nissan (not exactly a top competitive proposition) harassing the Volvo and even later overtaking Dumbrell in the Red Bull car, whilst boldly seeking to gain back the lap, was most impressive. A star of the future IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1712 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  16:47:23  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rampaging Monkey

Honestly, I think Matt Campbell was the most impressive driver! To see Campbell, in a "lowly" Nissan (not exactly a top competitive proposition) harassing the Volvo and even later overtaking Dumbrell in the Red Bull car, whilst boldly seeking to gain back the lap, was most impressive. A star of the future IMO.

Agree 100% RM but this topic is about Stanaway. So I have to do this.... Sorry champ!

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  17:53:49  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was super impressed with Stanaway, a champion of the future for sure. He did an awesome Job, albeit with a few mistakes, and that's not surprising when it's the guys first time in a Supercars at all 3 tracks.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 13 Jul 2017 :  06:16:09  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"The only thing that interests me is V8 Supercars so that is the only thing on the radar," Stanaway told herald.co.nz. "I am not planning on going back to Europe."

Is partnering Cam Waters in the enduros this year. Wants a full time drive in a competitive team next year. The best available seat is probably the PRA Mega car. Perhaps a BJR car, Moffats ride or a Kelly retires.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11889550

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Jul 2017 :  11:31:57  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

"The only thing that interests me is V8 Supercars so that is the only thing on the radar," Stanaway told herald.co.nz. "I am not planning on going back to Europe."

Is partnering Cam Waters in the enduros this year. Wants a full time drive in a competitive team next year. The best available seat is probably the PRA Mega car. Perhaps a BJR car, Moffats ride or a Kelly retires.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11889550

The Supercar field is already well stacked with aliens.

Realistically, if Stanaway wants to run Supercars full time, he will need to provide substantial dollars to get a seat.

All of the seats listed above already have a queue of drivers waiting in line, and already racing Supercar2 and enduros and with personal sponsors.

Later:
Speedcafe is reporting it too.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/07/13/supercars-steering-stanaway-away-europe/

quote:
While Stanaway has impressed in Supercars, notably last season with his drive in tricky wet conditions at Sandown alongside Chris Pither, securing a competitive full-time seat will provide a challenge.
The Tauranga driver was linked to a seat at Super Black Racing before the project ended.
“The tough thing is I do want to be in a competitive car. I don’t want to take a drive in a car too far down the grid,” he added.
”That limits the options a lot but that’s what I will be trying to do.
“It depends whether or not (Prodrive) would be able to make it work.
“I’m not sure what their plan is for next year so I will have to talk to them about that.”

Edited by - oldtimer on 13 Jul 2017 15:21:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.95 seconds.