V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  04:21:34  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stanaway was as good as expected and is worthy of a main game drive.

Waters impressed me more though

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2524 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  10:34:38  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Frosty not going anywhere! Stanaway will be in a PRA falcon next season but either Brights or a LDM car, my money is on the LDM option.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  11:32:44  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stanaway has a contract to drive for PRA as a co-driver in 2018.

Anything else is at PRA's discretion.
Go to Top of Page

Champcarman
V8 Champion

Australia
1399 Posts
joined 29 Jan 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  12:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Champcarman's Homepage Send Champcarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brighty did nothing wrong on the weekend, as for his co driver! Check lap times and you will see Brighty was pretty quick. In the co drivers Saturday race the fastest lap was a 1 09.98 whereas in the main drivers Saturday race Bright was 5th fastest with a 1 09.25. Two offs and a wheel spinning in the pit stop by Jacobson ruined the day.
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  14:04:31  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Stanaway has a contract to drive for PRA as a co-driver in 2018.

Anything else is at PRA's discretion.

and the way TE is talking, he we be held to that contract and there are no outs. He's either a co-driver or a main game driver next year, can't be both of course.
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  14:30:15  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Which PRA drivers are off contract at the end of 2018? Could he be locking him down for a spot opening up in 2019 in the main squad?

Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  19:56:12  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Which PRA drivers are off contract at the end of 2018? Could he be locking him down for a spot opening up in 2019 in the main squad?

I think both Frosty & Bright are out of contract at the end of 2018. Cam just resigned & chaz is out of contract at the end of this year, but one would assume he'll resign again.

I see one of two things happening (& I'm totally guessing)
1) Bright out at the end of this year & Rickie in #55 for 2018 or (if they can't out Bright this year)
2) Bright out at the end of 2018 & Rickie in #55 for 2019 & Rickie in LDM for 2018 on loan from PRA in a PRA car.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  20:07:17  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There could be some merit in putting Richie in a very good PRA Falcon in Super2, aiming for the championship.

This would leave him as an excellent co-driver for 2018, as contracted, and then into Super1 in 2019.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 18 Sep 2017 :  22:59:49  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A waste for a driver of his calibre to run Super2
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Sep 2017 :  00:02:31  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

I agree 100% (which is rare) but I fear this could be one of their only options if they wish to keep him.

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 19 Sep 2017 :  00:17:50  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

I guess we can say the same for PD.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 19 Sep 2017 :  01:00:41  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In Super2 he gets to learn most of the tracks and how it all works over a season, still gets a crack at the endures, win/win situation I reckon!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Sep 2017 :  01:27:56  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

In Super2 he gets to learn most of the tracks and how it all works over a season, still gets a crack at the endures, win/win situation I reckon!

He would learn all that and far more driving a season in, for the sake of an example, an LDM Falcon in the Virgin Series

Super2 is not at a level that will do Stanaway any good. He will learn nothing romping off into the distance every race, and if he doesn't win he'll lose any cred he has built up now.
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 19 Sep 2017 :  13:49:44  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I foresee no change in the current lineup at PRA for 2018. LDM to get PRA Falcs/support package and Stanaway loaned to them.

That way, Bright gets his way as its his choice. Waters is already locked in, Chaz has nowhere better to go, Stanaway isn't yet a replacement for Frosty, LDM gets a serious shot in the arm, Stanaway gets full on exposure to the main game and even Rullo gets a benefit from exposure PRA's ways.

Go to Top of Page

SmartBeans
Pit Crew

Australia
248 Posts
joined 22 Jul 08

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  15:16:56  Show Profile Send SmartBeans a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know Richie is hungry for a drive in 2018 >> But there is something about him that comes across as he wouldn't be someone you would trust. IF Cameron Waters hadn't already signed a contract extension I would be suggesting to Cam to watch his back. I'd say Richie would be doing everything he can to get a drive next year. Wether that was taking someone else's drive or sponsors.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 23.89 seconds.