V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  15:44:20  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SmartBeans

I know Richie is hungry for a drive in 2018 >> But there is something about him that comes across as he wouldn't be someone you would trust. IF Cameron Waters hadn't already signed a contract extension I would be suggesting to Cam to watch his back. I'd say Richie would be doing everything he can to get a drive next year. Wether that was taking someone else's drive or sponsors.

It's all fair game, has a lot more talent then most at such an early stage of his Supercars career and Atleast 16 drivers in Supercars main game are in my opinion are less worthy of a drive.

PRA better pull their finger out because if I was Roland, I'd look into dropping Lowndes down to an endurance driver if sponsors approved to have this bloke set up until a red bull drive came about, or at the very least fork out the cash and have him park his ass at Tekno just like they did for Gizzy until Lowndes is clauses out of his seat at the end of 2018.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  15:46:24  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:

I know Richie is hungry for a drive in 2018 >> But there is something about him that comes across as he wouldn't be someone you would trust. IF Cameron Waters hadn't already signed a contract extension I would be suggesting to Cam to watch his back. I'd say Richie would be doing everything he can to get a drive next year. Wether that was taking someone else's drive or sponsors.

It's all fair game, has a lot more talent then most at such an early stage of his Supercars career and Atleast 16 drivers in Supercars main game are in my opinion are less worthy of a drive.

PRA better pull their finger out because if I was Roland, I'd look into dropping Lowndes down to an endurance driver if sponsors approved to have this bloke set up until a red bull drive came about, or at the very least fork out the cash and have him park his ass at Tekno just like they did for Gizzy until Lowndes is clauses out of his seat at the end of 2018.

Richie is already under contract with PRA for 2018.

(correctly positioned post)

Edited by - oldtimer on 23 Sep 2017 17:08:45
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  15:52:55  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

quote:

Richie is already under contract with PRA for 2018.

Contracts are easily broken with the right amount of cash, plenty have been broken before with compensation law suits failing to overrule or allow compensation payouts
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  15:56:08  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
T8 would then have two drivers who ignore contracts then!

I doubt that will happen, though.

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  15:57:35  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

So what money talks
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Sep 2017 :  16:24:44  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

So what money talks

Then what is the point of a contract? They're learning from the NRL players, who have had too many knocks to the head to know how to speak a coherent sentence, by saying
"I don't want to play for them anymore."
"But you have a contract."
"Yeah but I don't want to."
"But you have a contract."
"What does that mean?"

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10344 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Sep 2017 :  04:09:00  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Stanaway has been racing in Europe where that is how it works, you look out for yourself and yourself only. If you don't watch your back and get knifed, then that is your tough luck

quote:

because if I was Roland, I'd look into dropping Lowndes down to an endurance driver if sponsors approved to have this bloke set up

Popular belief has there being no third car without Lowndes
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 25 Sep 2017 :  10:13:31  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

Stanaway has been racing in Europe where that is how it works, you look out for yourself and yourself only. If you don't watch your back and get knifed, then that is your tough luck

quote:

because if I was Roland, I'd look into dropping Lowndes down to an endurance driver if sponsors approved to have this bloke set up

If the funding is there I think it has a fair chance of survival, although most won't agree but the 3rd car could also be used as a loyalty drive for Jdub to bring in the next gun to Redbull. Most also believe the car is not treated as equal as the 2 red bull cars but Lowndes is just getting on and not adapting to the changes as well as the younger blokes. I would love to see a full 4 car assault from triple 8 similar to PRA last season with 2 proven championship contenders and 2 fast young blokes in their 1st few years.
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 26 Sep 2017 :  14:06:13  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Contracts are easily broken with the right amount of cash, plenty have been broken before with compensation law suits failing to overrule or allow compensation payouts

This is what Edwards said -

“We have got an agreement with Richie to do co-driving for us next year,” Edwards told Speedcafe.com.

“There is no out clause.”

Even though contracts can be bought, seems Edwards is intent on keeping him given the above statement.
Go to Top of Page

Wizz23
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
673 Posts
joined 22 Apr 09

Posted - 28 Sep 2017 :  15:21:28  Show Profile Send Wizz23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If the funding is there I think it has a fair chance of survival, although most won't agree but the 3rd car could also be used as a loyalty drive for Jdub to bring in the next gun to Redbull. Most also believe the car is not treated as equal as the 2 red bull cars but Lowndes is just getting on and not adapting to the changes as well as the younger blokes. I would love to see a full 4 car assault from triple 8 similar to PRA last season with 2 proven championship contenders and 2 fast young blokes in their 1st few years.

I agree, Stanaway would be a great coup for 888 They need an accession plan going forward. As i stated elsewhere buy a rec from LDM and slot him beside Lowndes. Money is not an issue. We need more front running guys in Holdens, there's plenty in the fords

_Mholden
v8central.com where the blue bias bull**** reigns,
FGX- Ugly as a hat full of ***holes
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Sep 2017 :  15:39:28  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wizz23

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree, Stanaway would be a great coup for 888 They need an accession plan going forward. As i stated elsewhere buy a rec from LDM and slot him beside Lowndes. Money is not an issue. We need more front running guys in Holdens, there's plenty in the fords

There's only 6 Fords in the series!
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 28 Sep 2017 :  16:26:24  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Where would the money come from Wizz?

Of the "Big 3", PRA are really the only front running team who have gambled on bringing in new young talent. T8's business model in the past appears to be based on taking existing proven SC drivers, including their co-drivers and I think that's affected what Holden have on the front line.

In my view, PRA should ensure he remains in the team (and i'm sure TE is doing this), the last place PRA would want Stanaway to end up is in T8, let T8 take their own gambles on introducing new talent, I think they are no starting to do this too.

Go to Top of Page

Champcarman
V8 Champion

Australia
1399 Posts
joined 29 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Sep 2017 :  16:35:09  Show Profile  Visit Champcarman's Homepage Send Champcarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Richie will be fine for 2018.

Shone at Sandown last year but didn't appear to do much at Bathurst although his lead driver did qualify the car 12th. has much more experience under his belt this year though including racing at SMP on the tyre the main game will race on Bathurst.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Sep 2017 :  18:02:03  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302

[...
Of the "Big 3", PRA are really the only front running team who have gambled on bringing in new young talent.

T8's business model in the past appears to be based on taking existing proven SC drivers, including their co-drivers and I think that's affected what Holden have on the front line.

In my view, PRA should ensure he remains in the team (and i'm sure TE is doing this), the last place PRA would want Stanaway to end up is in T8, let T8 take their own gambles on introducing new talent, I think they are no starting to do this too.

Jamie Whincup was not a "existing proven SC drivers", nor have most of their co-drivers been. Stanaway is good, but not demonstrably better than any of 888's six current drivers.

but, to repeat, Stanaway is under contract to PRA and is not available to 888.
Go to Top of Page

Wizz23
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
673 Posts
joined 22 Apr 09

Posted - 28 Sep 2017 :  20:05:04  Show Profile Send Wizz23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There's only 6 Fords in the series!

5 out of 6 are front runners compared to maybe 3 out of 4 Holden front runners. Quality over quantity methinks
Keiron 888 are financially sound and Red Bull has a few dollars too

_Mholden
v8central.com where the blue bias bull**** reigns,
FGX- Ugly as a hat full of ***holes

Edited by - Wizz23 on 28 Sep 2017 20:16:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.77 seconds.