V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Richie Stanaway/Chris Pither
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  00:19:34  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SmartBeans

I know Richie is hungry for a drive in 2018 >> But there is something about him that comes across as he wouldn't be someone you would trust. IF Cameron Waters hadn't already signed a contract extension I would be suggesting to Cam to watch his back. I'd say Richie would be doing everything he can to get a drive next year. Wether that was taking someone else's drive or sponsors.

Doesn't every driver in the world do that?
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  16:06:28  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer
Jamie Whincup was not a "existing proven SC drivers", nor have most of their co-drivers been. Stanaway is good, but not demonstrably better than any of 888's six current drivers.

True re JW although he was in SC's prior and Dane signed him for 3 years with no pay initially so not nurtured by T8. Lowndes, SVG, Skaife, Dumbrell, Richo, Premat off the top of my head all had solid SC experience before T8.

Raw speed wise, I suspect Stanaway is better than PD, SR & CL but not as good yet with SC racecraft than any of the 6 T8 drivers, that will come with guidance and experience of course which historically, T8 don't give and PRA do.

Thanks Wizz, T8 are financially sound but I would expect the need further $$'s to run another car, therefore sponsor money would need to be found?

Edited by - Kieron302 on 29 Sep 2017 16:12:28
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  16:15:42  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302

quote:
Jamie Whincup was not a "existing proven SC drivers", nor have most of their co-drivers been. Stanaway is good, but not demonstrably better than any of 888's six current drivers.

True re JW although he was in SC's prior and Dane signed him for 3 years with no pay initially so not nurtured by T8. Lowndes, SVG, Skaife, Dumbrell, Richo, Premat off the top of my head all had solid SC experience before T8.

Raw speed wise, I suspect Stanaway is better than PD, SR & CL but not as good yet with SC racecraft than any of the 6 T8 drivers, that will come with guidance and experience of course which historically, T8 don't give and PRA do.

888 don't give what? Thompson, Pye (With the help of Dane himself)?
Even Dumbrell gets a consistent gig in the Super2's.

What you're saying, on the face of it, seems true. But 888 also haven't had to have a roll-over of drivers yet because basically for the past 13 years they've had the same, consistent lineup.

Even with SVG, he was at satellite team Tekno and obviously ticking all the right boxes.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Wizz23
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
673 Posts
joined 22 Apr 09

Posted - 29 Sep 2017 :  16:59:31  Show Profile Send Wizz23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302

quote:

Thanks Wizz, T8 are financially sound but I would expect the need further $$'s to run another car, therefore sponsor money would need to be found?

You are right Kieron, but I suspect Red Bull could cover it, no problems. The question would be if their wanted too

_Mholden
v8central.com where the blue bias bull**** reigns,
FGX- Ugly as a hat full of ***holes
Go to Top of Page

Rampaging Monkey
Team Manager

1873 Posts
joined 18 Feb 06

Posted - 30 Sep 2017 :  03:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Rampaging Monkey's Homepage Send Rampaging Monkey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is there a possibility Stanaway could be placed at GRM, BJR, Tekno or even Walkinshaw rather than LDM?
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6639 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 30 Sep 2017 :  23:22:27  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rampaging Monkey

Is there a possibility Stanaway could be placed at GRM, BJR, Tekno or even Walkinshaw rather than LDM?

Can't see a PRA contracted driver racing another breed of Supercar

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 02 Oct 2017 :  14:57:37  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

888 don't give what? Thompson, Pye (With the help of Dane himself)?
Even Dumbrell gets a consistent gig in the Super2's.

RD was Pye's manager, don't believe Pye even co-drove for T8. Thompson I think had a single year in the dev series and a one year co-drive? still not nurtured like PRA/GRM does. Dumbrell was already a long time SC driver.

What you're saying, on the face of it, seems true. But 888 also haven't had to have a roll-over of drivers yet because basically for the past 13 years they've had the same, consistent lineup.

Even with SVG, he was at satellite team Tekno and obviously ticking all the right boxes.
[/quote]

Quite true re the main driver stability, same applies to PRA but they ran more cars. SVG was spotted/nurtured by the Stones with T8 using Tekno as the willing door mat.

As SC's is a business, its effectively dog eat dog and I hope TE keeps control of Stanaway and T8 takes the gamble and nurtures their own replacement for CL.

Go to Top of Page

Champcarman
V8 Champion

Australia
1399 Posts
joined 29 Jan 03

Posted - 02 Oct 2017 :  20:40:48  Show Profile  Visit Champcarman's Homepage Send Champcarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pretty Stanaway will be in a PRA car in 2018.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 02 Oct 2017 :  21:57:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Champcarman

Pretty Stanaway will be in a PRA car in 2018.

Which leaves more credence to the Jason Bright with his REC at LDM rumour...

Unless, of course, you are simply referring to his co-driving situation.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 02 Oct 2017 22:03:23
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4030 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Nov 2017 :  09:22:06  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
New Zealand will have a fourth full-time Supercars driver next year, with Richie Stanaway joining Shane van Gisbergen, Scott McLaughlin and Fabian Coulthard.

Stanaway is choosing his words carefully, but confirmed on Sunday he'll be a full-time driver in the category from 2018.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/98576752/richie-stanaway-confirms-fulltime-supercars-seat-for-2018
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1474 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Nov 2017 :  17:59:39  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wonder how many million it would take for WAU to buy Stanaway out of his contract hypothetically?

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4030 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Nov 2017 :  18:53:22  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

I wonder how many million it would take for WAU to buy Stanaway out of his contract hypothetically?

They probably wouldn't have enough money.

Anyhow, I suspect that Stanaway would prefer low wages in a potential Champ winning car to high wages in a led sled.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 06 Nov 2017 :  20:14:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Richie's in a Falcon......every thing else is moot....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Nov 2017 :  22:59:15  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gotta say if Prodrive have Chaz, Cam, Frosty and Richie then that is one hell of a line up.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4030 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 07 Nov 2017 :  00:35:05  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Gotta say if Prodrive have Chaz, Cam, Frosty and Richie then that is one hell of a line up.

3 out of 4 aint bad.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.27 seconds.