No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 *spoilers* Malaysian GP. You gotta see this one!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GoobaFish
Team Manager

Australia
1915 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 02 Oct 2016 :  19:07:59  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SHOEY! SHOEY!

...all that needs to be said!

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/782400900853735425

Edited by - GoobaFish on 02 Oct 2016 20:01:27

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 02 Oct 2016 :  19:13:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
dan's the man !!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2741 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 02 Oct 2016 :  19:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bad luck for Hamilton but Dan has had his fair share this year. Awesome stuff!

I bet Rosberg didn't expect to be on the podium after the first corner.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

GoobaFish
Team Manager

Australia
1915 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 02 Oct 2016 :  20:00:32  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dan dedicated this win to Jules Bianchi.

Top Bloke.
Go to Top of Page

NZV8Fan
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
529 Posts
joined 05 Oct 07

Posted - 02 Oct 2016 :  21:58:02  Show Profile  Visit NZV8Fan's Homepage Send NZV8Fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Best race of the season. The side by side racing between the Red Bulls even before Hamilton retired was fantastic.

Go to Top of Page

FOX 42
Team Manager

Australia
2738 Posts
joined 01 Jan 04

Posted - 03 Oct 2016 :  01:03:07  Show Profile Send FOX 42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Isn't Hamilton already out of motors, guess a 10 place grid penalty coming up.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 03 Oct 2016 :  07:00:19  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FOX 42

Isn't Hamilton already out of motors, guess a 10 place grid penalty coming up.

He's already taken a 20 place grid penalty. At Spa. This was one of the new motors.

The number of engine failures he's had this year is remarkable.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Oct 2016 :  08:45:15  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought it was a terrific race too. The virtual SC that came out when Hamilton's car let go changed the dynamics of the race entirely as I reckon it was Verstappen's to lose (or come 2nd). I also have to say that McLaren has improved remarkably and Alonso did a superb job coming from the rear of the field (albeit assisted with a couple of DNFs) but looked like his old self.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

NZV8Fan
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
529 Posts
joined 05 Oct 07

Posted - 03 Oct 2016 :  10:00:01  Show Profile  Visit NZV8Fan's Homepage Send NZV8Fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In no particular order these are the things that made the race great:

• Nico Rosberg fighting back from 21st place to 3rd place. He was extremely lucky not to be out of the race on the first corner, lucky again not to have any damage, and furthermore he was lucky to not damage his car when he hit Kimi Räikkönen.
  • Red Bull splitting strategies to put Lewis Hamilton under pressure. At first I was annoyed that Max Verstappen was given the pit stop and not Ricciardo but it was a risk that the stop was too early and the tires wouldn’t last later in the race.
  • Red Bull allowing Ricciardo and Verstappen to race each other, and they raced very hard and very fair. As it turned out by Ricciardo not allowing Verstappen past it determined the outcome of the race.
  • Additionally, by double stacking both Red Bulls under the Virtual Safety Car and giving them fresh rubber gave them an almost equal fight to the flag.
  • Both McLaren Honda cars in the top 10, in the last few races they have massively improved their performance.
  • Jolyon Palmer scoring his first points in F1.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10712 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 03 Oct 2016 :  20:08:20  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Awesome race. I'm glad that was one of the ones shown live and full on Ten. I feel bad for Hamilton. I'm not a fan of his at all but that's just harsh when you're leading. Great to see Dan win, especially after the battle with Max. Though my favourite part was Webber grabbing the shoe and throwing it off the podium so he didn't have to do another shoey. The whole podium was entertaining.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  08:03:08  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A few fans will be enjoying an extended stay in Malaysia.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/03/aussie-f1-fans-arrested-stripping-malaysia/
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10712 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  19:57:49  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Generally speaking I don't see anything wrong with what the guys did. It's all a bit of fun. However this is not Australia. You have to respect their laws. I don't agree with their laws, but you have to respect them.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6354 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 05 Oct 2016 :  19:44:00  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm in Malaysia at the moment and this is big news in both main papers and doesn't paint Aussies in a great light.

I'm all for a bit of a laugh like this but I'm a believer in respecting other countries when you visit them. In regards to agreeing with them, I guess you have to look at the society which in this case is predominantly moderate Muslim.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 05 Oct 2016 :  19:57:47  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They will get fined but I can't see them getting punished any harsher, including still being allowed to enter the country.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  12:10:20  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yet another engine failure for Lewis. This one has pretty much cost him the title. If his engine kept going he'd be leading. It blows up and Rosberg comes out with a big lead.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.62 seconds.