No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 Mt. Tarrengower Hillclimb
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  11:24:30  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had my first run up the Mt Tarrengower course as part of the 2016 hillclimb last weekend, I think it was the 83rd(?) running, so has been about for quite sometime.

All historics (cars and bikes to 72) and fairly large entry, so limited runs up the hill only for each vehicle.

Outright winner was a Charger and a few of the bike riders have big gonads given the times they were pulling.

I met my set targets of:
1. Having a driveable car at the end of the day.
2. Being within 3sec of the class winner.
3. Cracking the 50sec mark.

Could have tried a bit harder but given there is a lot of learning for the bumps and undulations I'm happy with my result, even if I did make an embarrassing jump start at one point

Link to onboard video here: https://youtu.be/Lp8MZR-ZxSU

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  11:38:57  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
top job mate ! see ya at the legend of the lakes ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  13:34:28  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

see ya at the legend of the lakes ?

Not this year unfortunately, already spent all my spare cash on Nurburgring track day
I have Legend of the Lakes on my list of events I want to turn into holidays with hillclimbs, but haven't made it there yet.
Next year I'm trying to fit in Noosa historics, Mt Cotton and maybe Leyburn sprints into a Queensland holiday, maybe SA year after or might come over to Collingrove as standalone event with a group of Vics.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  14:36:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went to collingrove a few weeks back with holden for a test day....nice and tight track

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds.