No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2017
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 17 Nov 2017 :  21:50:51  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good to see Myles hang up the boots. His abilities really declined in the last few years of his career. Extremely lucky to get that origin series and nearly cost Queensland the series it shouldn't be forgotten but congratulations on his career. It should also be noted he played his best footy in the 2nd row and I think the extra kilos he needed to make it in the front row cost him some longevity in his career.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nate-myles-announces-his-nrl-retirement-after-14-seasons-with-five-different-clubs/news-story/bcdeafe8070ef02b05e5117f1474cf52

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 17 Nov 2017 :  22:22:32  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The weight made no difference to his longevity.
He actually played some of his best footy when he was under extreme personal pressure.
That pressure and his injuries are what took the toll on him.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  19:21:35  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am not convinced by the decision to appoint Brad Fittler as the next NSW coach. Seems to me that he will garner even less respect from the players than Daley as he will treat himself no doubt as "one of the boys" and not actually stand up as coach.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9994 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  19:50:04  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With your credentials, you should have applied. You not only have the management skills, expertise and knowledge, but you're "not one of the boys".
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  19:58:16  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

With your credentials, you should have applied. You not only have the management skills, expertise and knowledge, but you're "not one of the boys".

Thanks. I'll keep that advice in mind.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7217 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  09:29:13  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thoughts on the Tonga/England game?
I feel the old "what if that decided a grand final" situation happened. Those strips are forever 50/50 in NRL week in, week out - this one went against Tonga.
That being said though, considering it was a try scoring opportunity and literally the final seconds of the game to decide the result, what was the ref thinking not even going up the check?

And another point, one ref v two? I actually prefer two, the world cup games seem sloppy and more penalised than ever!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 28 Nov 2017 :  01:01:42  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I feel the old "what if that decided a grand final" situation happened. Those strips are forever 50/50 in NRL week in, week out - this one went against Tonga.
That being said though, considering it was a try scoring opportunity and literally the final seconds of the game to decide the result, what was the ref thinking not even going up the check?

And another point, one ref v two? I actually prefer two, the world cup games seem sloppy and more penalised than ever!

Nothing to see there. That was a knock on every single day of the week and it was refreshing that the referee called it immediately rather than send it upstairs where no doubt that they would have tried to find every reason to call it a try.

Edited by - bundy1 on 28 Nov 2017 01:02:14
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11295 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Nov 2017 :  09:49:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

The TV presentation and commentary is very good though.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  16:34:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Hayne plane has suffered an engine loss and is hovering around Parramatta trying to land at less than half speed.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7217 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  17:59:18  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

The Hayne plane has suffered an engine loss and is hovering around Parramatta trying to land at less than half speed.

Not sure why Parra would want him back. They finally have something good and they want him to go and stomp his feet all through it...

Big shambles between French, Gutherson and Hayne... much like Cronulla with Dugan, Moylan and Holmes.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  18:34:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with you Skaifeman.
Arthur has done an excellent job with them and I don't think adding Hayne to it would have any positives.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  19:21:22  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So Rothfield was right - no surprises there. Hayne can go and get ****ed seriously.

Edited by - bundy1 on 30 Nov 2017 19:21:45
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3060 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  20:23:26  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Big mistake for parra! Only just getting their **** together then they sign Hayne and just watch it go backwards
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  21:53:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pearce has signed with Newcastle.
I think there will still be a few more movements before the year ends.
Manly need a 5/8th now.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 30 Nov 2017 :  22:07:27  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Pearce has signed with Newcastle.
I think there will still be a few more movements before the year ends.
Manly need a 5/8th now.

They got one in Cherry Evans - half back is a position that is pretty over-rated.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.78 seconds.