No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2017
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Feb 2017 :  19:19:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We've been missing you.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11445 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Feb 2017 :  13:47:22  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting news from NRL land. The NRL want players to be compulsorily edumified and learnimacated.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-03/nrl-wants-compulsory-education-training-for-players/8236712?section=sport

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 05 Feb 2017 :  14:43:34  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Huh - how did the cows lose in the 9s?

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Feb 2017 :  16:33:41  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Zac, i don't like saying it out loud, but im really excited for the Tigers.
The had some wonderful young talent there.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Feb 2017 :  17:45:40  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Told you what I could about Stewart, Bruce.
This is their get out clause.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/manly-decide-future-of-fallen-stars-sea-eagles-rugby-league-brett-stewart-steve-matai/z9agd9iwjeqv1bv4pge31g559
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11445 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Feb 2017 :  20:17:31  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The NRL All Star game must have been a bit of a dud if the news from Triple M is anything to go by. To keep the NRL relevant during the lead up to round one, there is speculation that the NRL could move the Knights elsewhere, with Ipswich been a frontrunner.

EDIT: So we've had the Auckland 9s which looked bare and an All Stars game that was a dud.

Have NRL dropped the ball by not having a Women's league which BBL and AFL are currently going well with?

They had an opportunity to show the Womens All Star game before the main one on a major channel but instead it was on NITV on Saturday afternoon?

Edited by - CP on 20 Feb 2017 20:44:24
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7393 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 22 Feb 2017 :  10:09:01  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The NRL All Star game must have been a bit of a dud if the news from Triple M is anything to go by. To keep the NRL relevant during the lead up to round one, there is speculation that the NRL could move the Knights elsewhere, with Ipswich been a frontrunner.

EDIT: So we've had the Auckland 9s which looked bare and an All Stars game that was a dud.

Have NRL dropped the ball by not having a Women's league which BBL and AFL are currently going well with?

They had an opportunity to show the Womens All Star game before the main one on a major channel but instead it was on NITV on Saturday afternoon?

There is a women's league? Probably struggling for TV rights just like most other sports.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11445 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2017 :  17:53:28  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The NRL have revealed that some of the betting deals have been banned as god forbid, they may be open to manipulation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-01/nrl-bans-exotic-betting-options-and-under-20s-gambling/8314774

Edited by - CP on 01 Mar 2017 17:54:32
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7393 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2017 :  20:29:36  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If anyone would like to join my NRL.com Fantasy league here's the code: A26Y7L5D
Only need 4 more people before it's full. Have to sign up before kick-off tomorrow night.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  21:28:44  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of the worst performances from Souths I have seen. I can't believe Inglis wasn't taken off earlier. I know he has overcome injuries before and run them off but once that didn't happen in the first 5-10 mins of it occurring he should have gone off. Cook should have come on and Sutton should have gone to 5/8 with Walker going to fullback. The coach needs to take the blame for this loss.

On a different topic, anyone else see a change to the Broncos jerseys last night?

Edit: The end score (they've scored 2 more tries) doesn't provide me with much solace as it just justifies my above comment even more.

Edited by - bundy1 on 03 Mar 2017 21:46:43
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  22:09:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know about one of Souths worst performances. I've seen them play far worse. Some nice winger tries from Goodwin, but Wests too fast, and threw the ball around way better than most sides can do in heavy rain. They were flat in the last 20 minutes, but it didn't matter. Robbie played OK for Souths, except for a mistake that led to another one of West tries. That's 4 out of 4 for the last 4 Wests-Souths games. 34-18. That'll do for a first game.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  22:21:34  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The first round isn't even half over and the Dogs have the first sin binning, the Tigers walked all over a pitiful Souths and the Broncs are the first of many teams who will take it to Cronulla.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  23:10:45  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I don't know about one of Souths worst performances. I've seen them play far worse. Some nice winger tries from Goodwin, but Wests too fast, and threw the ball around way better than most sides can do in heavy rain. They were flat in the last 20 minutes, but it didn't matter. Robbie played OK for Souths, except for a mistake that led to another one of West tries. That's 4 out of 4 for the last 4 Wests-Souths games. 34-18. That'll do for a first game.

Don't make more out of their performance because Farah played. They were abysmal for the first 60 mins. I also don't think it will be long before Cook takes his place as starting hooker as without the class of Inglis and Reynolds both he and the Rabbitohs will struggle.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22666 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Mar 2017 :  12:38:01  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Inglis is out for the entire season and Souths hierarchy are saying that no further damage was done by leaving him on the field.
What codswallop!
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7393 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Mar 2017 :  17:10:41  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Inglis is out for the entire season and Souths hierarchy are saying that no further damage was done by leaving him on the field.
What codswallop!

I dare say that's the end of the season for the Bunnies. They'll have to plug that hole somewhere in the team and they won't be as classy as having Inglis on the pitch. Shame.

Edited by - skaifeman on 04 Mar 2017 22:35:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.23 seconds.