No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2017
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2017 :  23:26:20  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, here I am, holidaying in Broome. A long way from NSW - and North Queensland, and not real interested in the NRL right now. So we wander down to the Divers Tavern for dinner, and there on the big screen is Foxtel and Wests vs North Queensland - in North Queensland. So we watched... and Zac is a happy camper. So typical Wests. When they're down and out, and NOBODY backs them - they win.
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Apr 2017 :  21:09:27  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

FMD - ask JT!
It's his idea.

I've been saving this.

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 19 Apr 2017 :  21:25:49  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everyone is ok with Sam Burgess getting off at the judiciary for the shoulder charge that he was charged for? It'll make for a better game on Friday anyway when the rabbits win.

The West Tigers board should be sacked. Plain and simple. After losing their coach, they should have been able to keep the players. That is, unless the players wanted the coach to stay which I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Edited by - bundy1 on 20 Apr 2017 22:43:35
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11444 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Apr 2017 :  22:48:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is Woods that great of a loss though?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3129 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 20 Apr 2017 :  23:03:30  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

He is on the right day, however with how poorly the big 4 have performed i am suprised anybody wanted them.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Apr 2017 :  23:27:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

The West Tigers board should be sacked. Plain and simple. After losing their coach, they should have been able to keep the players. That is, unless the players wanted the coach to stay which I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
When I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't talk. You should try that occasionally. Speaking of being "sacked": Wests didn't "lose" the coach, they sacked him. Just like Souths sacked him. Plain and simple. You should know that. Also, the "players" didn't want the coach to stay. Maybe some did, but the ones in the news at the moment certainly did not.

Edited by - Zac on 20 Apr 2017 23:30:51
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 20 Apr 2017 :  23:59:41  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

No not really but I'm more interested in the whole "we'll sack the coach to keep our best players" angle which has utterly failed. Time I think for the NRL to step in once again.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7393 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 21 Apr 2017 :  11:45:15  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Tigers are a shambles at best. Whomever to blame, this is not a good look.

Interesting times in the player market. Looks the the Bulldogs will have a mass exodus and now the Tigers have some big bank to spend!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 21 Apr 2017 :  23:59:44  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The ****ing refs made sure the Broncos won that game - forward passes, discretionary penalties, last try and that ****ing dropped ball before the field goal. Ffs

Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Apr 2017 :  13:27:01  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The ****ing refs made sure the Broncos won that game - forward passes, discretionary penalties, last try and that ****ing dropped ball before the field goal. Ffs

I didn't watch the game or haven't seen highlights, but a friend of mine a Bronco fan, did say that the last Bronco try was a no try.
I don't enjoy winning games like that, i prefer to loose than win in that manner.

Bloody Titans.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13460 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Apr 2017 :  14:14:08  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Suck **** Bundy. There were forward passes from both, probably more from Soufs.

Dodgy penalties were given to both sides and you could argue Milford still had control of the ball even though it touched the ground.

Soufs gave away 9 penalties. It should have been a lot more but the refs didn't pull up the Burgess brothers for the late shots on Milford every time he kicked the ball until it was actually pointed out to them.

Moga's try was a no try but so what. You play the whistle and the refs call. Once again after the on field ref called a try then went to the bunker. The bunker had to find evidence that the ball didn't touch the ground. It was inconclusive. One shot showed the ball on the way back up. The other didn't show anything. Because it was ruled a try by the on field ref that's where it should have been left as a try.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2571 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 22 Apr 2017 :  22:48:26  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You need some tissues do you Eamonn
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 23 Apr 2017 :  11:51:02  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I now expect the referees to be stood down after the NRL admitted they ****ed up and also for Madge to not incur a fine for his post-match comments that all the journalists in the press room were agreeing with.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/04/22/19/08/nrl-refs-boss-admits-errors-in-souths-loss

Edited by - bundy1 on 23 Apr 2017 11:52:06
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Apr 2017 :  12:08:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Refs boss admits errors." Is that some sensational new headline we haven't seen before? No. Refs make mistakes. Swings and roundabouts. All teams have won and lost on referee errors before. It would be a real headline if the referee boss admitted that referees had intentionally made errors to favour any particular team. From tens of thousands of games and hundreds of referees over many decades, that's happened about twice. Grasshopper and Hollywood spring to mind - and even then, inconclusive. Move on.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 23 Apr 2017 :  16:07:11  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree there are swings and roundabouts when it comes to refereeing and the decisions that are made which is why I made mention of Souths losing the discretionary penalty count (you know the ones that don't have to be called such as your ruck penalties, laying on the players, hand on the ball, etc as opposed to your mandatory penalties being your off sides and high tackles, etc), however by a fair margin.

But it is those basic decisions that no ref should miss such as your dropped balls and players being held but the play continuing is why there should be some disciplinary action taken after this one, especially given that these mistakes cost Souths the game.

More disgraceful behaviour from Aaron Woods.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brad-fittler-attacks-aaron-woods/news-story/bad96d47ad574c056b25950746f66831

Edited by - bundy1 on 23 Apr 2017 17:14:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.03 seconds.