No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Lewis Shifts into second. *SPOILER*
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  11:53:24  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With wins in the USGP and Mexico, Lewis Hamilton is now in equal second place with Alain Prost on the all-time winners list, with 51 GP wins.

Gonna be a long time before anyone will threaten Michael Schumacher's 91 wins though...

Should also mention that Dan has locked down 3rd in the championship, after both Verstappen and Vettel had third place in the GP taken off them.

Edited by - karter on 31 Oct 2016 12:03:31

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10712 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  21:08:28  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's definitely a brilliant achievement. Obviously there's more races in a season now than there was back when Prost was racing, and of course Lewis has spent the last three years in arguably the most dominant car ever (well technically three different cars). Plus he's never been in a proper uncompetitive team. The worst he's been in is I think the 2009 McLaren which was still like the third or fourth best car that year. Point is he owes a lot of those stats to competitive and sometimes dominant cars, but at the end of the day you still need to be a great driver to get to a number like that. I'm not a fan of Lewis, but there's no denying his talent. You've gotta be good to keep a drive at a team like McLaren and he obviously had to be talented to get hired by Mercedes. Congrats Lewis.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  22:13:11  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Freakish talent.

Not my cup of tea as a bloke, but his achievements are definitely mounting up

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 01 Nov 2016 :  16:53:15  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Freakish talent.

Not my cup of tea as a bloke, but his achievements are definitely mounting up

Well said. I find him to be quite vile but obviously he's immensely talented. I guess all of the greatest champions had an air on unpalatability about them. It's clearly a vital ingredient to their greatness.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Nov 2016 :  16:03:53  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After finally winning in Brazil, Lewis is alone in P2 in the all-time winners list, and also has won on 24 circuits, more than any other driver. The only track in the current calendar he hasn't won at is Baku, where this years GP was the first.
Go to Top of Page

holdenruz
Formula Ford Driver

320 Posts
joined 16 Oct 04

Posted - 20 Nov 2016 :  23:30:28  Show Profile  Visit holdenruz's Homepage Send holdenruz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
does anyone feel like the whole webber/vettel saga is happen again at red bull with Max and Dan
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7267 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  12:01:03  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by holdenruz

does anyone feel like the whole webber/vettel saga is happen again at red bull with Max and Dan

Will be interesting for sure. Dan did to Vettel what Vettel did to Mark... I think his driving will do the talking.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10712 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  21:24:24  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Red Bull are a lot more fair with Dan and Max than they were with Mark and Seb, probably largely due to Dan being a product of their junior team. I do think that Max is the golden boy in the team's eyes, but I don't believe he's being favoured like Seb was over Mark. They're both brilliant drivers and given the right car, either one could be champion.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds.