No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Mexico GP **Spoilers**
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  12:02:34  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DRAMA! And Dan moved to 3rd!

1. Lewis
2. Rosberg
3. Ricciardo
4. Verstappen (5sec penalty)
5. Vettel (10sec penalty)

I think it's harsh on Vettel still finishing behind Max, the contact happened between Vettel and Dan because Max didn't redress... harsh rules and a sloppy finish.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  12:06:59  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, Verstappen was the real villain, knowing he had to redress but blocking Vettel so he'd come under pressure from Dan. Vettel did deserve to finish in front of Verstappen.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  21:00:39  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While there's been many incidents this year when Max has deserved a penalty and not gotten one, I don't feel he deserved one in this case. Seb however most certainly did for his moving under braking, though 5 seconds, not ten would've probably been more fair. I do however think that Seb's comments about Max and Charlie on the radio were totally unacceptable and honestly should be banned from the last two races of the year.

I'm stoked that Dan got the podium out of all this, especially with how the strategy worked out and how much time he had to make up to even get back to being near the podium. Remember he was like 17th or 18th after his first stop and had to pass a lot of those cars on better tyres before they all pitted. Great driving by Dan. However I do feel that Max should've kept his podium.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7382 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  22:15:36  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe they need to put an area in there like the first turn at Russia, with some cones so that if you go off and don't try and make the turn, you go through the cones and rejoin.

Needs to be some consequences for mistakes

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.

Edited by - Wrighty05 on 31 Oct 2016 22:16:12
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  22:50:47  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Needs to be some consequences for mistakes

Agreed. As Brundle said, if that was T1 at Monaco you're done.
A chicane would be great (ala Senna Suzuka).

I still think that Verstappen's penalty should've put him behind Vettel - rather than a time.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds.