V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 President Trump
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 45

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  18:09:06  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Thanks for that. Facts and stats are certainly a better indication than your opinion.

Your links show pretty much what mine does. Your first link shows his daily rating for 19th August at 'Approval Index: Minus 11'. 32% strongly approve and 43% strongly disapprove. That's one poll though, whereas mine is an average across 14 major polls. That Rasmussen report has him on higher figures than the others, so that's the one you chose. Fair enough. The Gallup poll in your second link is also a single poll, but a far bigger poll than Rasmussen. It shows Donald Trump's approval rating currently stable on 41%, down from a few years ago when it was at 46+%. What did my link say? 41%.

So, thanks again. Having you prove yourself wrong is easier than me doing it for you.

PS: Yep, I have more time these days. When you get to my age, I hope you will too. I also had to stay at home for a 'two hour window' today for a delivery company to deliver a new appliance. They've been and gone in the meantime.

Ok mate .....clearly your views on wavering and mine are very different

But if you believe it...then all power to you cobber

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 20 Aug 2019 18:52:45
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  19:11:01  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

but weirdly his popularity hasnít wavered and employment is down

Where did you get that idea from? Another thought bubble, or from checking polls? I guess you must have checked the poll figures (but misread them), because there's no other way to measure. Going back to 2016, before he was elected, all polls had him less popular by a couple of percentage points than the unpopular Hillary Clinton. They were right. He was elected with 46.1% of the popular vote while she polled 48.2%. His average approval rating over the past three years is around 41%, which means it has been dropping since elected.

Donald Trump's average approval ratings over the past three years are the lowest for any President for well over 70 years. (George W Bush had some lower ratings, but his average was higher). To give you an idea, here are some average poll ratings for Presidents:

Donald Trump 40.0
Barack Obama 47.9
George W Bush 49.4
Bill Clinton 55.1
Ronald Reagan 52.8
Jimmy Carter 45.5

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Maybe you can show us where you got your ideas about Trump's popularity from, but I haven't found any poll figures showing that "his popularity hasn't wavered". It started below average and has gone down from there. Maybe it's because "employment is down" - as LG pointed out.

Seriously: is there even one Democrat hopeful that deserves to be elected President

It's doubtful that any of the Dem Presidential candidates would inspire Nazis or speak inflammatory rhetoric that encourages supporters to grab an AR15 and shoot up a crowd.....maybe the Dem's have no hope?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 20 Aug 2019 19:12:32
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  21:23:49  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Where did you get that idea from? Another thought bubble, or from checking polls? I guess you must have checked the poll figures (but misread them), because there's no other way to measure. Going back to 2016, before he was elected, all polls had him less popular by a couple of percentage points than the unpopular Hillary Clinton. They were right. He was elected with 46.1% of the popular vote while she polled 48.2%. His average approval rating over the past three years is around 41%, which means it has been dropping since elected.

Donald Trump's average approval ratings over the past three years are the lowest for any President for well over 70 years. (George W Bush had some lower ratings, but his average was higher). To give you an idea, here are some average poll ratings for Presidents:

Donald Trump 40.0
Barack Obama 47.9
George W Bush 49.4
Bill Clinton 55.1
Ronald Reagan 52.8
Jimmy Carter 45.5

Maybe you can show us where you got your ideas about Trump's popularity from, but I haven't found any poll figures showing that "his popularity hasn't wavered". It started below average and has gone down from there. Maybe it's because "employment is down" - as LG pointed out.

Seriously: is there even one Democrat hopeful that deserves to be elected President

It's doubtful that any of the Dem Presidential candidates would inspire Nazis or speak inflammatory rhetoric that encourages supporters to grab an AR15 and shoot up a crowd.....maybe the Dem's have no hope?

I would have thought that Democrats were closer to the Communists than the Republicans, and Adolf Hitler was a Communist.

Many, Many democrats Senators and Reps are members of, or supporters of, or supported by the National Rifle Association.

Try comparing shooting incidents under the previous failed Obama regime.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  21:27:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Donald Trump 40.0
Barack Obama 47.9
George W Bush 49.4
Bill Clinton 55.1
Ronald Reagan 52.8
Jimmy Carter 45.5

I would have thought that Democrats were closer to the Communists than the Republicans, and Adolf Hitler was a Communist.

Many, Many democrats Senators and Reps are members of, or supporters of, or supported by the National Rifle Association.

Canít argue that !....

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  06:53:12  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Donald Trump 40.0
Barack Obama 47.9
George W Bush 49.4
Bill Clinton 55.1
Ronald Reagan 52.8
Jimmy Carter 45.5

Canít argue that !....

And yet, we have Donald referring to American Nazi's as "good people".....which Democrat ever did that? We have Obama continuing to speak against guns, and when did he ever incite his supporters to shoot anyone? I think you will find the mass shootings that occurred under Obama's watch weren't committed by Democrat supporters....but happy for you to prove me wrong!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/donald-trump-alludes-to-shooting-hillary-clinton_n_5b5054ede4b004fe162f919f

Here's an recent Obama speech....who could he be referring to?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49244602

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  07:30:05  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Donald Trump 40.0
Barack Obama 47.9
George W Bush 49.4
Bill Clinton 55.1
Ronald Reagan 52.8
Jimmy Carter 45.5

Canít argue that !....

And yet, we have Donald referring to American Nazi's as "good people".....which Democrat ever did that? We have Obama continuing to speak against guns, and when did he ever incite his supporters to shoot anyone? I think you will find the mass shootings that occurred under Obama's watch weren't committed by Democrat supporters....but happy for you to prove me wrong!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/donald-trump-alludes-to-shooting-hillary-clinton_n_5b5054ede4b004fe162f919f

Here's an recent Obama speech....who could he be referring to?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49244602

where has Donald said Nazi's are good people ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  09:11:03  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Adolf Hitler was a communist? Even in a thread about Donald Trump, that's too surreal for me.

I've been comparing shootings/gun deaths in the US by year, and the latest annual figures are for 2017, the first year of Trump's presidency - and by coincidence, it was the highest number of gun deaths on record (39,773) https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/13/us-gun-deaths-levels-cdc-2017 but that doesn't prove or disprove anything. I don't think that more people decided to kill other people (or themselves) just because Trump had become President. An overall trend doesn't alter overnight, but alters in time as attitudes or laws change. Neither Obama nor Trump have made any significant changes to gun laws.

It's extremely difficult to change gun laws in the US with the NRA and the gun mentality there, but at least Obama kept trying. Trump currently has the opportunity to increase background checks on gun buyers to reduce the chances of guns being sold to the mentally ill, but has decided against it. "A lot of the people who put me here are strong supporters of the Second Amendment".

So, "Many, many Democrats are members or supporters of the NRA"? Of course they are. This is the USA we're talking about - but there are far more Republicans who are - and any time there are any proposals put before Congress about gun laws, the Democrats are strongly in support of more restrictive gun laws, while the Republicans are not - but you knew that. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/23/bipartisan-support-for-some-gun-proposals-stark-partisan-divisions-on-many-others/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  09:14:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Adolf Hitler was a communist? Even in a thread about Donald Trump, that's too surreal for me.

I've been comparing shootings/gun deaths in the US by year, and the latest annual figures are for 2017, the first year of Trump's presidency - and by coincidence, it was the highest number of gun deaths on record (39,773) https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/13/us-gun-deaths-levels-cdc-2017 but that doesn't prove or disprove anything. I don't think that more people decided to kill other people (or themselves) just because Trump had become President. An overall trend doesn't alter overnight, but alters in time as attitudes or laws change. Neither Obama nor Trump have made any significant changes to gun laws.

It's extremely difficult to change gun laws in the US with the NRA and the gun mentality there, but at least Obama kept trying. Trump currently has the opportunity to increase background checks on gun buyers to reduce the chances of guns being sold to the mentally ill, but has decided against it. "A lot of the people who put me here are strong supporters of the Second Amendment".

So, "Many, many Democrats are members or supporters of the NRA"? Of course they are. This is the USA we're talking about - but there are far more Republicans who are - and any time there are any proposals put before Congress about gun laws, the Democrats are strongly in support of more restrictive gun laws, while the Republicans are not - but you knew that. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/23/bipartisan-support-for-some-gun-proposals-stark-partisan-divisions-on-many-others/

all that anti trump opinions can be said for every other US administration...all have had chances are have not taken them..and most have had mass shootings under their command
the whole republican v democrats gun debate is rubbish

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Marchi1
Sex Jesus

Afghanistan
3817 Posts
joined 07 Feb 08

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  09:22:59  Show Profile  Visit Marchi1's Homepage Send Marchi1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Donald Trump 40.0
Barack Obama 47.9
George W Bush 49.4
Bill Clinton 55.1
Ronald Reagan 52.8
Jimmy Carter 45.5

Just wow.

Hitler strongly opposed communism but was in awe of Stalinism (mass killing and autocratic leadership etc). The Nazi's might have called them self national socialists but they were far from it. They were nationalist fascists (a bit like old Donny) and had no intention of taking a communist or socialist approach. That perspective does not align with the reasons they came to power in the first place which was on the back of the German people demanding authoritarian rule. Further, the reasons for that were due to getting ****ed in the arse at Versailles in WW1 and losing control of the areas of Germany which stimulated the economy leading to localised great depression before the rest of the world. Ironic that the US, French, English and Russians systematically started the process that lead to ww2 and probably caused the great depression in the first place.

Perhaps before your spread your uneducated ill-informed views, you actually do a basic google search to see if what you're saying is in any way factually correct or accurate.

Next you'll be saying that American should have been in Vietnam despite the fact the vast majority of LBJ's cabinet saying we shouldn't be there in 1965...

Edited by - Marchi1 on 21 Aug 2019 09:23:25
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  09:44:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Trump, everybody. He's entertaining enough without us getting side-tracked on Hitler (although I can understand why Hitler turned up in a Trump thread).
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  11:18:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have great difficulty understanding how such a childish person could be elected to the position of POTUS.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-greenland-danish-prime-minister-mette-frederiksen-denmark-meeting-twitter-us-politics-news/1e26f088-34aa-4640-8d92-7028c6cf73c5
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  11:39:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"He doesn't seem to understand the reality."

"I don't like the name, but we can change that. Trumpland - or even better, La-la Land."
"Mr Trump, Greenland is not for sale - and it's not ours to sell if it was."
"If you keep laughing at me, I won't go to Greenland and I certainly won't go to Denmark. I won't, I won't."
More laughs and sighs of relief across Greenland and Denmark.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  12:23:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

"He doesn't seem to understand the reality."

"I don't like the name, but we can change that. Trumpland - or even better, La-la Land."
"Mr Trump, Greenland is not for sale - and it's not ours to sell if it was."
"If you keep laughing at me, I won't go to Greenland and I certainly won't go to Denmark. I won't, I won't."
More laughs and sighs of relief across Greenland and Denmark.

Yep!
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2773 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  17:32:48  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A petulant child to say the least.

This is a truly bizarre timeline we are on.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  20:28:02  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I have great difficulty understanding how such a childish person could be elected to the position of POTUS.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-greenland-danish-prime-minister-mette-frederiksen-denmark-meeting-twitter-us-politics-news/1e26f088-34aa-4640-8d92-7028c6cf73c5

Because his opposition candidate was even worse.

Only rich people are eligible. Sorry that should be only extremely rich people are eligible.

One other possible reason is that Trump was not a politician and people rate politicians nearly as low as journalists and used car salesmen.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 45 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.53 seconds.