V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 President Trump
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 45

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  04:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't believe people are gullible enough to not actually see all that oldtimer - the Americans are certainly a different breed

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  06:25:56  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could Donny be the Son of God?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-i-am-chosen-one-874775/?fbclid=IwAR18u-RkOaBTsbHJXX8N2-lwOxGLAYlhea1m0LOBgRBn-P4nrqpMNEAQpUY

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  07:41:18  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not a supporter, but... No, he's just a naughty boy - with a 'narcissistic personality disorder'. When a person has to tick 5 out of 9 boxes to qualify, and he ticks all 9, Trump is not just over qualified, but in danger of his disorder bursting through his extremely thin skin.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  07:49:09  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Could Donny be the Son of God?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-i-am-chosen-one-874775/?fbclid=IwAR18u-RkOaBTsbHJXX8N2-lwOxGLAYlhea1m0LOBgRBn-P4nrqpMNEAQpUY

anti Christ ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Marchi1
Sex Jesus

Afghanistan
3817 Posts
joined 07 Feb 08

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  08:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Marchi1's Homepage Send Marchi1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The guy is certifiably insane. Its not even a question anymore.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  09:07:25  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I have great difficulty understanding how such a childish person could be elected to the position of POTUS.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-greenland-danish-prime-minister-mette-frederiksen-denmark-meeting-twitter-us-politics-news/1e26f088-34aa-4640-8d92-7028c6cf73c5

Because his opposition candidate was even worse.

Only rich people are eligible. Sorry that should be only extremely rich people are eligible.

One other possible reason is that Trump was not a politician and people rate politicians nearly as low as journalists and used car salesmen.

Trump is the complete embodiment of a Used Cars Salesman.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  09:59:27  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was reading a totally unrelated article that mentioned that twitter is generally not used by us elderly Aussie folk. So, I wondered what the situation might be in the United States of Trump.

It got me thinking that a great deal of the negative comment on Trump relates to his use of twitter, which the majority of people do not use. USA use is calculated at 24%, which co-incidentally is less than the votes either candidate gets at a USA election.

So why the outrage. Is it because the USA twitter twits are young and easily outraged.

Or is it the Journalists who do not have the skills to chase a genuine story, choose to tap in on the minority twitter feed and re-broadcast Trump's twittering to the wider market in the guise of news.

Maybe lazy politicians have joined the lazy journalists, reading the stuff from the twittering 24% and ignoring the thoughts of the non-twits. Silent majority

Maybe old-fart ex-racers who don't have twitter, have to rely on V8Central for social stimulus
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  10:32:58  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
None of the above.

A great deal of the negative comment about Trump on twitter is for the ridiculous things he says on twitter. His twitter posts are like a little boy looking for praise, or calling people names and generally, things that are so unbecoming of the leader of the USA as to make him a laughing stock. Or maybe it's his oringes. It's also probably related to what Marchi1 said about him. The man is becoming sillier and more erratic as his presidency goes on.
Go to Top of Page

Marchi1
Sex Jesus

Afghanistan
3817 Posts
joined 07 Feb 08

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  12:37:02  Show Profile  Visit Marchi1's Homepage Send Marchi1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

I was reading a totally unrelated article that mentioned that twitter is generally not used by us elderly Aussie folk. So, I wondered what the situation might be in the United States of Trump.

It got me thinking that a great deal of the negative comment on Trump relates to his use of twitter, which the majority of people do not use. USA use is calculated at 24%, which co-incidentally is less than the votes either candidate gets at a USA election.

So why the outrage. Is it because the USA twitter twits are young and easily outraged.

Or is it the Journalists who do not have the skills to chase a genuine story, choose to tap in on the minority twitter feed and re-broadcast Trump's twittering to the wider market in the guise of news.

Maybe lazy politicians have joined the lazy journalists, reading the stuff from the twittering 24% and ignoring the thoughts of the non-twits. Silent majority

Maybe old-fart ex-racers who don't have twitter, have to rely on V8Central for social stimulus

So you're trying to argue that because a younger more tech savvy demographic use Twitter, it somehow invalidates the comments made by the POTUS, as in what he says on Twitter doesn't count? right...

Maybe its to do with the blatant bull**** his administration comes up with to try and promote the idea he's doing a good job?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/21/business/economy/jobs-growth-revision.html

Journalists at the moment don't have to write headlines, old DT does it for them. Literally all they have to do is repost what he says and the sheer magnitude of incompetency mixed with deranged ramblings and illiteracy speaks for itself. I thought after Australia had that clown Abbott in charge I would never see a more incompetent and abhorrent leader, but DT takes the cake and its not even close.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  12:38:12  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

None of the above.

A great deal of the negative comment about Trump on twitter is for the ridiculous things he says on twitter. His twitter posts are like a little boy looking for praise, or calling people names and generally, things that are so unbecoming of the leader of the USA as to make him a laughing stock. Or maybe it's his oringes. It's also probably related to what Marchi1 said about him. The man is becoming sillier and more erratic as his presidency goes on.

But my point is that the stupid things he writes on twitter can, at the maximum, be read on twitter by 24% of the USA folks ON TWITTER.

Most people cannot read twitter and many who can, do not follow Trump on twitter.

That is a very small minority. At the time of this count he had 63.1m followers and a lot will not be eligible USA voters.

(Number 1. Barack Obama (107.8m followers)

Compare that to the 138 million who actually voted and that was less than 60% turnout.

It follows that people who actually vote for Trump are unlikely to be twitterers.

quote:
Voter Turnout
What we know...
Around 138 million Americans voted in the 2016 presidential election. From Business Insider.

However, those 138 million Americans only make up 58.1% of our voting-eligible population (those American citizens over 18). From United States Elections Project.
https://guides.libraries.psu.edu/post-election-2016/voter-turnout

Trump twitter count is 12th out of the top 20.

quote:
12. Donald J. Trump (63.1m followers)
Our second politician of the list is the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. This is his personal account rather than the @potus one all Presidents get access to (that currently has 25m followers).

Trump and his Twitter account are rarely out of the news. He has used it to make policy announcements or attack opponents, while his use of capitals and terms like ‘sad’ have become a constant point of ridicule
https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/most-twitter-followers/

SPECIAL WARNING> Kapersky shows that a lot of the googled sites on Trump stats have malicious software. Kapersky locks me out. Some people have free and less effective filters, or none.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  14:06:31  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not on twitter, and I don't need to be to see what Donald's latest tweets might be. I subscribe to a number of news websites, and along with radio and TV, I get way more reports of his tweets than anyone could want. His twitter follower numbers, massive, big, or not so big aren't relevant, because one reporter on twitter working for a large news outlet could easily have those tweets reaching hundreds of thousands of people if not millions around the world. Multiply that one reporter by hundreds, and his tweets reach most of the world. He goes on about the awful, nasty media, but even just reporting his tweets verbatim without comment is enough.

I've been pondering whether we're becoming more surprised by his tweets as they get crazier, or whether because of the number of them, we're becoming inured to them. However, they really are becoming more unhinged, and in all seriousness, I believe he's developing some psychological issues. He was egotistical, narcissistic, etc from the start, but being President hasn't helped his mental state.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  14:34:57  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I'm not on twitter, and I don't need to be to see what Donald's latest tweets might be. I subscribe to a number of news websites, and along with radio and TV, I get way more reports of his tweets than anyone could want. His twitter follower numbers, massive, big, or not so big aren't relevant, because one reporter on twitter working for a large news outlet could easily have those tweets reaching hundreds of thousands of people if not millions around the world. Multiply that one reporter by hundreds, and his tweets reach most of the world. He goes on about the awful, nasty media, but even just reporting his tweets verbatim without comment is enough.

I've been pondering whether we're becoming more surprised by his tweets as they get crazier, or whether because of the number of them, we're becoming inured to them. However, they really are becoming more unhinged, and in all seriousness, I believe he's developing some psychological issues. He was egotistical, narcissistic, etc from the start, but being President hasn't helped his mental state.

Precisely my point!

It isn't Donald on Twitter that reaches the populace.

It is the twittering journalists, too lazy to chase up a proper story, telling a much larger audience of his transgressions and stirring up trouble and discontent, but only the transgressions, not the good stuff.

ergo: It is not Donald Trump stirring up the troubles with the public at large.

It is the journalists. (Perhaps that should be alleged journalists.)
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  15:21:31  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's good to agree, but no matter whether it's Trump's actual tweets, or his tweets being reported, it's his words reaching the populace. Are you also saying that these alleged journalists would be more journalist-like if they didn't report what the POTUS is saying? Also, if they are only reporting what he says, how can they be the ones stirring up trouble with the public at large?

I'm sure there are lazy journalists, just as there are lazy people everywhere, but in the media I read, journalists report the good, the bad and the ugly from all sides of politics, however it seems some people only notice what they choose. IMHO, it must be hard for journalists to regularly find positive things to report about Trump without reporting the negative or just plain strange. If they did though, they wouldn't be doing their jobs. It sounds to me that you think some journalists are lazy, but they'd be doing their jobs better if they didn't report what Trump is saying. Would you agree that Trump says more strange (and therefore newsworthy) things than any previous President in living memory?

What is your opinion of Donald Trump? As a President, is he good, bad, mad, all three, or something else again?
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  16:32:27  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

What is your opinion of Donald Trump? As a President, is he good, bad, mad, all three, or something else again?

I don't have a particularly high opinion of Donald Trump, but have no doubt that he is better than recent Presidents.

But, I can assure you that I will not be voting for him next time.

Currently, there does not seem a viable alternative, on either side.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  17:23:36  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The WH no longer holds press briefings so it's Twitter or Trump screeching over the noise of a jet engine.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 22 Aug 2019 18:26:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 45 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.47 seconds.