V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 President Trump
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 45

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  16:17:09  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy1

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Hilary should be more concerned that Donald I reckon.....

All depends if she goes into the background quietly but given the enormity of the loss I doubt she will.

Which given that Hillary will win the popular vote by somewhere between 600,000 and 1 Million more votes than Trump is quiet confounding.....strange kind of democracy over there....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  18:00:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You have to win them in the right places REM.

I see that Trump has wasted no time giving his kids jobs...
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  18:08:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

All depends if she goes into the background quietly but given the enormity of the loss I doubt she will.

Which given that Hillary will win the popular vote by somewhere between 600,000 and 1 Million more votes than Trump is quiet confounding.....strange kind of democracy over there....

I actually meant legally...trump said he would lock her up if you remember ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  19:45:02  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Trump could have some serious problems trying to run the country because of his "interests."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/12/donald-trump-conflicts-of-interest-business?CMP=fb_gu
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  21:39:00  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Not to go off topic but in the 2010 federal election here, Tony Abbott scored more votes (a significant amount more too if I'm not mistaken) than Julia Gillard. Gillard still won. Politics is a bit odd sometimes, but it works both ways.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  21:54:23  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah in the US system it doesn't matter how many votes you get or win by in each state it is the same amount of college votes.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Nov 2016 :  07:27:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yeah in the US system it doesn't matter how many votes you get or win by in each state it is the same amount of college votes.

isn't that the same here ?...it depends how many electorates you win ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Nov 2016 :  20:48:14  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Yep, blame him for everything. I reckon he invented AIDS. And menstrual cycles.
..and making this site crash. Actually, I think that was laser.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 16 Nov 2016 :  22:49:15  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/trump-transition-team-lobbyists-2016-11

Trump already purging lobbyists from his transition team.

Funny how the Democrats cried for 8 years and did nothing and Trump has done it in a few days.

Some people here still can't figure out that the electoral college is basically the same as our seat system; you can win more seats with fewer votes than your competitor. Of course when the voters make the "wrong" choice suddenly they claim the system has failed... like morons do.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  01:56:15  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Great article!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/electing-donald-trump-democracy-us-politics?CMP=fb_gu

The guardian with their 'fearlessly biased' journalism, really?

quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Some people here still can't figure out that the electoral college is basically the same as our seat system; you can win more seats with fewer votes than your competitor. Of course when the voters make the "wrong" choice suddenly they claim the system has failed... like morons do.

https://twitter.com/SouthernKeeks/status/797960210971115520

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 17 Nov 2016 02:02:12
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  06:58:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Do you think that posting a link to the Twitter account of an arch-conservative US person who we've never heard of is the best way to respond to the "fearlessly biased" Guardian? That's the previously "pretending to be unbiased" Guardian we're talking about.

I had a bit of a look at 'SouthernKeeks' and Kimberly Ross. Kimberly Ross is self-described as an "arch conservative", and up until about six months ago was right-wing Republican and bagging Donald Trump at every opportunity. She's since had a recent change of tune to a combined Trump/Republican supporter.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  13:08:47  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I clearly didn't post the tweet because she was a conservative.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  20:30:12  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Do you think that posting a link to the Twitter account of an arch-conservative US person who we've never heard of is the best way to respond to the "fearlessly biased" Guardian? That's the previously "pretending to be unbiased" Guardian we're talking about.

I had a bit of a look at 'SouthernKeeks' and Kimberly Ross. Kimberly Ross is self-described as an "arch conservative", and up until about six months ago was right-wing Republican and bagging Donald Trump at every opportunity. She's since had a recent change of tune to a combined Trump/Republican supporter.

Oh look, Zac having one of his condescension episodes again. Here's the image:

"We like things until we lose, then those things are racist".

Which is the only argument the modern "left wing" has.

Now they're attacking Trump's staff as "racist" for daring to actually have a hard line on Wall Street corruption, like what Obama failed to do for 8 years.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/16/steve-bannon-could-be-wall-street-worst-enemy.html

I wonder why he's suddenly being called racist hmmmmmmmm who could have enough money to influence the media like that hmmmmmmm how dare that RACIST hold Wall Street accountable for their crimes during the 2008 crisis...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  21:17:48  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

Looking forward to some variation of...

bogan, racist, x-phobe, fascist, or your "hilarious" sarcasm

...and absolutely no recognition that the working class voting bloc - you said Indiana, which voted FOR Obama in 2008 - is sick of being dismissed by the Zacs of the world, who will spend ages fawning over the latest leftist cause that appeals to 2% of the population.

I'm missing Albert on here. Me "fawning over the latest leftist cause"? . Albert spent ten years on here convinced that I was an extreme right-winger. FWIW, I'm working class, and I don't describe people as "bogan, racist, x-phobe" or "fascist". I admit to the sarcasm, but it presses your buttons. Condescension? Yeah, probably - but I'll try to treat you in a more caring way.

The Indiana thing went over your head, but... never mind.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Nov 2016 :  22:31:56  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a wonderful story in today's news about Malcolm's call to The Donald to congratulate on his presidency, which is normal procedure you would imagine, but no......
in order to call The Donald to offer your congrats, you have to call Joe Hockey, who in turn calls Greg Norman to get Trump's number, so in turn calls Joe to pass on the phone number to Malcolm.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 45 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.5 seconds.