No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1333 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Apr 2017 :  04:55:42  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I am a fan of it, but I did watch my first Formula E race the other day whilst I had nothing better to do. It was in Mexico City at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez. The same place where F1 races.

They created a shorter track for the Formula E cars wherein there is basically a clockwise oval with a few chicanes here and there. The first turn (right) is immediately after pit out and cuts across to the back stretch.

What I found interesting, though, is a reconfiguration of the twisty bits inside the old baseball stadium. I immediately wondered if F1 was to use this configuration, but also thought that maybe the F1 cars might be too fast for it.

On www.formula1.com a layout of the Mexico City circuit is illustrated and it is the same as last year.

To view the reconfiguration for the Formula E race, just check out this short youtube clip. They enter the stadium around the 50 seconds mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbWJkUOv-BA

As for the race itself.... I found the newer layout/reconfiguration more interesting.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 09 Apr 2017 :  22:34:54  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The problem with any configuration they use in the stadium is that they will all be mickey mouse.

I'd prefer they go around it and use the proper Peraltada...but then they couldn't sell all those tickets for the stadium section..
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1333 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 11 Apr 2017 :  06:44:57  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

The problem with any configuration they use in the stadium is that they will all be mickey mouse.

I'd prefer they go around it and use the proper Peraltada...but then they couldn't sell all those tickets for the stadium section..

Well said. I agree 100%.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

GoobaFish
Team Manager

Australia
1915 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 11 Apr 2017 :  13:59:36  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That turn 1 inside wall looks vicious, as does the chicane behind the grandstand where the F1 track emerges. Decent circuit otherwise, and interesting that they can reconfigure the stadium at will.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds.