V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 abortion is illegal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  12:37:36  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While religion may well be the base that some have as the core reason for being anti-abortion it is certainly not the case for all. No prob at all with your comments re "God folk" not being the best example far too often.

I personally am anti-abortion although I do have some comprehension of the greyness of it when it comes to times like in a crash where mum/baby2be are injured and only one can survive or similar...

Pretty disappointing that humanity is deeply lacking in humanity when killing becomes a choice!

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  12:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

Pretty disappointing that humanity is deeply lacking in humanity when killing becomes a choice!

no different to euthanasia, one is at the start, the other at the end, or capital punishment in the middle

Abortion has all the emotion around as it is a core belief that we care for the children at all costs, but at what point does a human life become (or finish being) a self sustaining human

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 12 Feb 2019 13:08:21
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  13:11:51  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

So we should abort children who's mother has mental health issues ?

So I made my kids....so I have the right to terminate their life ?

Together with the mother of your children, yes.

Ill make myself clear, post 20 weeks I am not so comfortable with it unless there are clear medical reasons for an abortion. If you cannot make a decision before 20 weeks or earlier, too bad.

My reasoning for 20 weeks is simple. There is no chance for the baby to survive on its own at that stage. It is not a fully capable or developed human.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
what if the parent has mental health issues ?....why does a parent have that right anyway ?....once the child is born, why does that right get removed ?

Not having a dig, just going through the the thought process

What if the parent was severely disabled and it was a product of rape?

this is why I like your generation, you can think logically

ok, rape....terrible crime. So because a woman was raped we murder ?

It isn't murder because they are not fully developed as a human, they cannot survive outside their mother, unless we are talking 28 weeks and over.

Murder is over-emotive language.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 12 Feb 2019 13:14:52
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  13:22:41  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow that's a lot of killing tommo mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  13:43:19  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

no different to euthanasia, one is at the start, the other at the end, or capital punishment in the middle

Abortion has all the emotion around as it is a core belief that we care for the children at all costs, but at what point does a human life become (or finish being) a self sustaining human

I think the 3 are very different Trev.

Abortion is 1 person (or more) making a decision to get rid of a new life that has no defence... perhaps that is the standout thing? that it is an action against another with no defence. we get all up in the air about the kinghit but this is on a similar par I reckon??

Capital Punishment is because someone has done something to warrant removal from the planet and they have had a chance to defend themselves

Euthanasia is mostly when someone has made a decision that THEY want to remove themselves.

Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  13:47:18  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well you're clearly unable to have an objective debate anymore T1 judging that comment so I won't bother anymore.

I have a personal story, that hasn't ended up with abortion that I will share with you some time in PM because despite my disagreement with your position here I have a lot of respect for you, but I won't be doing that right now.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 12 Feb 2019 13:50:04
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  13:52:09  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
what if the parent has mental health issues ?....why does a parent have that right anyway ?....once the child is born, why does that right get removed ?

Not having a dig, just going through the the thought process

What if the parent was severely disabled and it was a product of rape?

this is why I like your generation, you can think logically

ok, rape....terrible crime. So because a woman was raped we murder ?

You have to look at is as a case by case basis.

If the would be parent is severely disabled to the point where she needs to be in full time care, and is raped and impregnated by the carer, surely that is a case you can look at where abortion is an option?

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  16:04:46  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Abortion should NEVER be used as a contraceptive, but there are circumstances where it is warranted

And Sonic, I was referring to T1's continual use of the word 'murder' and trying to prove how ludicrous. emotive and stupid the term is in relation to abortion, call abortion for what it is 'abortion'

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  16:05:37  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It appears that some want a woman who is raped to not have an abortion.
If she doesn't she will have a constant reminder of that disgraceful act.
I should imagine (I don't know, I've never been raped) she would have great difficulty finding any love and nurturing for the baby.
Adoption I hear you say...
She still has to carry that person through 9 months of hell.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  16:43:44  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

It appears that some want a woman who is raped to not have an abortion.
If she doesn't she will have a constant reminder of that disgraceful act.
I should imagine (I don't know, I've never been raped) she would have great difficulty finding any love and nurturing for the baby.
Adoption I hear you say...
She still has to carry that person through 9 months of hell.

yeah... that is one thing that is hard to reconcile :(

occasionally there are very valid "what if's" that come up and that is certainly one of them... and while I would maintain my stand that it is wrong who could ever judge a gal for having to choose between 2 monstrous choices?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  18:02:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Abortion should NEVER be used as a contraceptive, but there are circumstances where it is warranted

And Sonic, I was referring to T1's continual use of the word 'murder' and trying to prove how ludicrous. emotive and stupid the term is in relation to abortion, call abortion for what it is 'abortion'

So once the baby is born it's murder ?....but not before ?

But I'm happy that the topic is being discussed

Trust me I use to think the same as you blokes

Trev...why is murder during violence against mum or a vehicle accident but not when it's torn apart in the womb it's an abortion and a foetus ?....honestly where is the logic ?

I know your reply will be full of ********* and !!!!!! .....but that's ok I'm use to it

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 12 Feb 2019 18:22:22
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  18:40:10  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Trev...why is murder during violence against mum or a vehicle accident but not when it's torn apart in the womb it's an abortion and a foetus ?....honestly where is the logic ?

I know your reply will be full of ********* and !!!!!! .....but that's ok I'm use to it

I believe (happy to be proven wrong) fetal homicide only counts after 28 weeks, when it is determined that it could survive on its own outside the womb.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  18:51:42  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:

quote:

I believe (happy to be proven wrong) fetal homicide only counts after 28 weeks, when it is determined that it could survive on its own outside the womb.

Ok...lets play this game....so you believe that abortion should not accur after 28 weeks ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  19:10:13  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:

quote:

Ok...lets play this game....so you believe that abortion should not accur after 28 weeks ?

In occurrences when the mother simply doesn't want it, no, it should not be allowed, but in cases where the mother is at severe health risks or severe disability for the child, I believe that option should exist.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  19:43:23  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok...so in your opinion abortion should be a choice of the Doctor not the parent ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.41 seconds.