V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 abortion is illegal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  22:44:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

...weirdly it as the a foetus party
Now you put it like that - yes, absolutely.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  23:06:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think there are circumstances where it is justifiable. If you were a 13/14/165 year old teenage girl that got molested and fell pregnant to the molester, surely that young girl has the right to an abortion.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  23:15:37  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

There is that hypocrisy showing again, like the right don't name call...LOL! BTW, I'm not left, just name calling.

Poverty doesn't kill? Lack of health care due to budget cuts? You're all for responsibility and accountability for a fetus, but once born, it's to hell with the mother and child. If you don't care after the birth, why care before?

Thatís total nonsense.......not sure weíre you get idea from...if itís becuase I voted liberal you may not have realised that it was your mate Rudd who slaughter the income for single mothers....but back to the topic at hand

Iím a100% for responsibility of children ( thatís why ima foster career) ..... but your logic, so we should kill the unemployed then ?

Yeah I voted for Ruddy the 1st time. Only because Howard screwed me with workchoices. Didn't vote for him a 2nd time.

Still stinging from the single mothers cut, eh? Hope your heart bleeds for the all the people that had their penalty rates cut, while passing a tax cut for the top end. Or to the lowest paid who have not seen significant wage growth since the Libs took over in 2013. Or the thousands hit by a faulty robo debt collector. While you're butt hurt over Labor, the Libs have cut more support from the most vulnerable.

I'm not going after you personally, I'm going after the illogical and hypocritical ideals you and the right/conservatives believe in.

You would use your freedoms to deny freedoms to other that have no bearing on your life what so ever. There is no conversion needed, pro choices' don't need to answer to you. It is their choice, not yours. They do not need your permission to do what they want or need in life.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  07:37:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

There is that hypocrisy showing again, like the right don't name call...LOL! BTW, I'm not left, just name calling.

Poverty doesn't kill? Lack of health care due to budget cuts? You're all for responsibility and accountability for a fetus, but once born, it's to hell with the mother and child. If you don't care after the birth, why care before?

Thatís total nonsense.......not sure weíre you get idea from...if itís becuase I voted liberal you may not have realised that it was your mate Rudd who slaughter the income for single mothers....but back to the topic at hand

Iím a100% for responsibility of children ( thatís why ima foster career) ..... but your logic, so we should kill the unemployed then ?

Yeah I voted for Ruddy the 1st time. Only because Howard screwed me with workchoices. Didn't vote for him a 2nd time.

Still stinging from the single mothers cut, eh? Hope your heart bleeds for the all the people that had their penalty rates cut, while passing a tax cut for the top end. Or to the lowest paid who have not seen significant wage growth since the Libs took over in 2013. Or the thousands hit by a faulty robo debt collector. While you're butt hurt over Labor, the Libs have cut more support from the most vulnerable.

I'm not going after you personally, I'm going after the illogical and hypocritical ideals you and the right/conservatives believe in.

You would use your freedoms to deny freedoms to other that have no bearing on your life what so ever. There is no conversion needed, pro choices' don't need to answer to you. It is their choice, not yours. They do not need your permission to do what they want or need in life.

so I could murder my 1 day old child and wouldn't need to answer to anyone ?...its my choice right ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  07:53:51  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keep it on topic thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  12:36:27  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
interestingly not long ago the bill was voted down in the NSW parliment

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  13:24:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As I said on the previous page, this change to NSW law makes virtually no difference to abortions being performed. It is a technicality being rectified, basically by removing the words: "a criminal offence unless..."

Abortion is legal in NSW now, because the law says that: "Aborting a pregnancy is a criminal offence unless a doctor finds any economic, social or medical ground or reason that abortion is required to avoid serious danger to the pregnant woman's life or to her physical or mental health". It is no more difficult to terminate a pregnancy in NSW than it is in any other state or territory. The only variation currently is the time limit up to which point abortion is accessible. It looks like NSW will decide on 22 weeks. FWIW, here are the time limits set by other states/territories in Australia.

NT: 14 weeks
Tas: 16 weeks
WA: 20 weeks
Qld: 22 weeks
Vic: 24 weeks
SA: 28 weeks (with restrictions)
ACT: Open ended with no absolute defined limit
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  13:34:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

As I said on the previous page, this change to NSW law makes virtually no difference to abortions being performed. It is a technicality being rectified, basically by removing the words: "a criminal offence unless..."

Abortion is legal in NSW now, because the law says that: "Aborting a pregnancy is a criminal offence unless a doctor finds any economic, social or medical ground or reason that abortion is required to avoid serious danger to the pregnant woman's life or to her physical or mental health". It is no more difficult to terminate a pregnancy in NSW than it is in any other state or territory. The only variation currently is the time limit up to which point abortion is accessible. It looks like NSW will decide on 22 weeks. FWIW, here are the time limits set by other states/territories in Australia.

NT: 14 weeks
Tas: 16 weeks
WA: 20 weeks
Qld: 22 weeks
Vic: 24 weeks
SA: 28 weeks (with restrictions)
ACT: Open ended with no absolute defined limit

And the child can register a heart beat at 4 weeks....
Why is there a difference between states ?
Why is it ok to abort at 28 weeks and not 29 ?
You guys see anything at all wrong with this ?

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 29 Jul 2019 13:41:15
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:09:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see nothing at all wrong with this. Different jurisdictions arrive at different interpretations and conclusions.

Why are there set limits on anything? Why is the income tax-free threshold in Australia $18,200? Why not $18,000, or 18,500 or why not $20,000? Why is the speed limit on motorways 110kph? Why not 120? Why does "life imprisonment" in one state mean imprisonment for the rest of the prisoner's life when in others it can mean 20 or 25 years? (I'm leaving "parole vs non-parole" out of it, but you get the point.) I think Australia should be able to have uniformity across states and territories, but if we did, we would still have the same argument: Why 110ks and not 120? Why 25 years and not 27 - or 30? Why 16 weeks and not 14 - or 18?

Let's face it. You don't agree with abortion after any number of weeks. Others do - a big majority of others, and abortion is legal across Australia, and most of the USA (seeing you brought it up), and increasingly across the world, including the conservative, religious, Catholic, Republic of Ireland.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:29:00  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
right so if the majority uninformed agree, then it must be right

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:35:05  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is a subjective, some would say "uninformed" opinion. Why did we go from an unquestioning view on abortion to where we are now? Did we progress from "informed" to "uninformed" - or could it have been the other way around?

Edited by - Zac on 29 Jul 2019 14:36:23
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:40:29  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

That is a subjective, some would say "uninformed" opinion. Why did we go from an unquestioning view on abortion to where we are now? Did we progress from "informed" to "uninformed" - or could it have been the other way around?

I have presented facts which you don't even bother to look at...but you are informed ?

not having a go at you at all, because it is certainly not uncommon

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:41:55  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think I obtained my information and based my view on abortion from sources other than Trickyonne on V8 Central.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:49:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I think I obtained my information and based my view on abortion from sources other than Trickyonne on V8 Central.

ok mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:50:33  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

right so if the majority uninformed agree, then it must be right

Lol

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.85 seconds.