V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 abortion is illegal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  17:10:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's called "logic", Wrighty. Extrapolated, and using that low form of wit that some on here don't like, but still logic.

Tricky, speaking of logic, (quoting you verbatim) here are some of your arguments to others in this thread you have disagreed with on this topic:

So we should rip apart more people?
So we should kill homeless people?
So you agree with killing homeless people?
So we should kill the unemployed then?
So I made my kids, so I have the right to terminate their lives?
So I could murder any one day old child and wouldn't need to answer to anyone?
So in your opinion, abortion should be the choice of the doctor, not the parent?
What would you do if a mother started to tear apart a newborn baby?
Kill the unwanted, kill the drug users, kill the people with mental health issues. This is exactly what Hitler did.

No-one has suggested any of the above. It's your extrapolation and logic that came up with all that. That you want to force those views on others shows that you are either uninformed - or refuse to accept the opinions of others. I accept your views and opinions but respectfully disagree.

PS: "I refuse to acknowledge and accept this new Abortion Bill."
"If I were you, I'd just pay it."
Slightly off-topic, but relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVHjg3AqIQ

Edited by - Zac on 29 Jul 2019 17:18:55
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  18:07:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It's called "logic", Wrighty. Extrapolated, and using that low form of wit that some on here don't like, but still logic.

Tricky, speaking of logic, (quoting you verbatim) here are some of your arguments to others in this thread you have disagreed with on this topic:

So we should rip apart more people?
So we should kill homeless people?
So you agree with killing homeless people?
So we should kill the unemployed then?
So I made my kids, so I have the right to terminate their lives?
So I could murder any one day old child and wouldn't need to answer to anyone?
So in your opinion, abortion should be the choice of the doctor, not the parent?
What would you do if a mother started to tear apart a newborn baby?
Kill the unwanted, kill the drug users, kill the people with mental health issues. This is exactly what Hitler did.

No-one has suggested any of the above. It's your extrapolation and logic that came up with all that. That you want to force those views on others shows that you are either uninformed - or refuse to accept the opinions of others. I accept your views and opinions but respectfully disagree.

PS: "I refuse to acknowledge and accept this new Abortion Bill."
"If I were you, I'd just pay it."
Slightly off-topic, but relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVHjg3AqIQ

Certainly not forcing my views on anyone zaccy....however the whole thing is illogical not only to me but many in the medical profession

The reasons for termination of a life simply do not stack up and the process of termination is horrific for the parents and obviously for the child.

I can not think of one reason weíre termination of life is acceptable. And people want to rejoice over freedom to terminate a life ????.....

If this bill gets up this time (which it may do) and people celebrate it, they donít understand the consequences of aborting a life

Zaccy those responses make sense to me, just like you idea of when to terminate a life doesnít make any sense what so ever...logically or legally....you can terminate life and itís celebrated...an unborn child can be killed in a car accident and itís death by motor accident and a jail able offence....or a pregnant woman can be punched in the stomach and itís not longer a foetus but a baby and itís murder....

Yes I know you are pro abortion and thatís fine and yes I know you canít get your head around it

And I know you receive your knowledge on abortion from some excellent sources, I receive mine from many sources .... here is a good one

https://youtu.be/A16gzm9eaa8

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 29 Jul 2019 18:17:07
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  18:29:53  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No-one is rejoicing, no-one is celebrating.

Seriously, I don't think you understand. You say "illogical" and "horrific". I disagree. I went through the experience twice as the "father" over fifty years ago. Once with a beautiful girl who is still a friend today, and once with my (then) future wife who died in 2006. In both cases it was neither horrific or illogical, and both girls (and myself) understood the consequences - and I'm not saying that as the irresponsible, uncaring male, but decades later and after much talk with both women - and long before this thread and your opinions arrived on here.

Your emotive and ridiculous arguments have gone nowhere on here, and I've read them all. I understand your point of view and opinions and I know why you have them, but I have looked, read, learned, discussed and deeply considered the issue - and have lived it over many decades. I really don't think you have. There are other points of view to my own. I understand that. If you do, you haven't shown that you have.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  18:35:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

No-one is rejoicing, no-one is celebrating.

Seriously, I don't think you understand. You say "illogical" and "horrific". I disagree. I went through the experience twice as the "father" over fifty years ago. Once with a beautiful girl who is still a friend today, and once with my (then) future wife who died in 2006. In both cases it was neither horrific or illogical, and both girls (and myself) understood the consequences - and I'm not saying that as the irresponsible, uncaring male, but decades later and after much talk with both women - and long before this thread and your opinions arrived on here.

Your emotive and ridiculous arguments have gone nowhere on here, and I've read them all. I understand your point of view and opinions and I know why you have them, but I have looked, read, learned, discussed and deeply considered the issue - and have lived it over many decades. I really don't think you have. There are other points of view to my own. I understand that. If you do, you haven't shown that you have.

Ok mate .....but you have no idea what I have faced in my time and you are very very wrong and I as I have said I held similar views to your self

You can have your opinion and iam sorry if you felt that I was forcing my views on you...but it is simply my opinion and views .... but if you think people will not celebrate the law reform you are dead wrong ( excuse the pun )

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  18:40:08  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The timing is highly subjective but you would agree that a heartbeat at 4 weeks can not sustains a life outside of the womb. I suspect the 22 week time was decided on that it is around the earliest a premature baby is expected to survive birth.

https://www.verywellfamily.com/premature-birth-and-viability-2371529

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

but if you think people will not celebrate the law reform you are dead wrong ( excuse the pun )

You're not wrong, all freedoms are celebrated.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 29 Jul 2019 18:44:14
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  18:45:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

The timing is highly subjective but you would agree that a heartbeat at 4 weeks can not sustains a life outside of the womb. I suspect the 22 week time was decided on that it is around the earliest a premature baby is expected to survive birth.

Agreed alby....a baby born would not survive....similar to a person on life support...does a person a life support have rights ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  18:57:07  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

you have no idea what I have faced in my time and you are very very wrong and I as I have said I held similar views to your self
Of course I have no idea what you "have faced in your time". I only know what you post on here about abortion - and I disagree with what you post - and how you post.

So, you were pro-abortion and you are now anti-abortion. OK. That's you. We have headed in opposite directions and so it's no wonder that we disagree. It's fine to disagree, but you would help your anti-abortion arguments if you used more reason and logic than continually misunderstanding and misrepresenting what other people say to you.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:01:22  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

you have no idea what I have faced in my time and you are very very wrong and I as I have said I held similar views to your self
Of course I have no idea what you "have faced in your time". I only know what you post on here about abortion - and I disagree with what you post - and how you post.

So, you were pro-abortion and you are now anti-abortion. OK. That's you. We have headed in opposite directions and so it's no wonder that we disagree. It's fine to disagree, but you would help your anti-abortion arguments if you used more reason and logic than continually misunderstanding and misrepresenting what other people say to you.

Didnt think i was..but once again thankyou for the advice

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:05:07  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Re-read my post at the top of this page. All your own work quoted.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:09:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Re-read my post at the top of this page. All your own work quoted.

Yes zac and iam sorry that you cant see that life is life and thats the comparision i was making...but clearly you look at life a little different to me and thats ok...that is your opinion

Just heard that the ladt a similiar view was voted on it lost by a fair margin

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 29 Jul 2019 19:18:53
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:19:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

You've done the misunderstanding/misrepresenting thing again. So, you're sorry that I can't see that life is life.
We must be getting near the end now. Around 250 posts, no-one has changed anyone's opinion and this thread is stalling.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:24:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

You've done the misunderstanding/misrepresenting thing again. So, you're sorry that I can't see that life is life.
We must be getting near the end now. Around 250 posts, no-one has changed anyone's opinion and this thread is stalling.

Ok mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:39:32  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Agreed alby....a baby born would not survive....similar to a person on life support...does a person a life support have rights ?

Unless that person on life support is able to make the decision...No. Next of kin is generally asked to make the decision based on survival, quality of life and costs. Much like a fetus.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  19:54:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Unless that person on life support is able to make the decision...No. Next of kin is generally asked to make the decision based on survival, quality of life and costs. Much like a fetus.

Ok...so family can euthanasia loved ones ?...the issue is when does life start..you need a baseline.

And zaccys link shows thats harder thab you may think..some states say 14 weeks others over 20

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 29 Jul 2019 20:17:23
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  20:23:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Euthanase? No. Not in Australia - with the exception of Victoria since September 2017, when it passed the 'Assisted Dying Bill' which has very strict guidelines. Similar laws are being considered in other states, but this is the "abortion is illegal" thread.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.73 seconds.