V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 abortion is illegal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 May 2018 :  22:07:36  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by CP

My mother told me a few years back that if there were any issues in utero that could've led to a disability, I would've been aborted so I didn't have to go through an impaired quality of life.

I find that a fair enough point.

I respect a decision like that.

It is one that is very brave when it is a confirmed pregnancy with disabilities. A lot of parents are not built to become full time careers for disabled children/adults and the child suffers their whole life. Bit unfair on the child I say. A life of misery or ending something before it has the ability to suffer.

I find it quite sad that a bunch of males on a forum have so much negativity about something that we men will never truely understand, we’ll never know what it is like to terminate a pregnancy as we will never be pregnant. We will never be raped and develop a child because of that rape etc list goes on!

you are right Troy... as a male, I will never understand the feeling of pregnancy and all the other stuff you list...

but I will also never understand killing a baby for the hell of it...

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 May 2018 :  22:51:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some of you keep harping on and accusing everyone else of killing babies.
This, I believe, is a common tactic amongst anti-abortionists, yet you don't spell out when a fertilised egg is a baby...
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 May 2018 :  23:12:57  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
personally I believe that the fertilisation is the beginning of the new life LG...

just because it doesn't look like a baby yet makes it ok to remove it?

I get that it is a highly divisive topic... think that folk will side one way or the other, really is no middle ground on this one and the two sides will never meet anywhere on middle ground as it simply doesn't exist.

Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 29 May 2018 :  23:28:24  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The reality is, for people who disagree that it's the same as killing a born child, having the option to abort an unwanted pregnancy makes them in their eyes able to continue their life the way they would prefer to. For those who believe otherwise, they will view it as an opportunity to allow that fetus a chance to develop into a person who can achieve their goals and desires in life, even if it may have a negative impact on the parents life if it was an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy (though they feel it right to compromise their life for the sake of giving life to another).

I can understand both view points, but I also don't see a 12 week fetus the same way as I see a 9 month old baby and see no issue with woman deciding to abort for their own reasons within the legal timelines. So for me giving woman the chance to make that decision either way based on their beliefs is ideal and they can decide to continue to give potential life or decide to continue living it the way they would prefer to. A lot of the time, unplanned pregnancies can occur even with contraceptive care and in many cases people aren't mentally or financially prepared to handle it, so it's great the option exists and in my eyes aborting an early fetus is preferable to an unwanted child entering the world who may not be loved or has a family that is unable to properly provide for it.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2517 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  03:33:17  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

personally I believe that the fertilisation is the beginning of the new life LG...

just because it doesn't look like a baby yet makes it ok to remove it?

I get that it is a highly divisive topic... think that folk will side one way or the other, really is no middle ground on this one and the two sides will never meet anywhere on middle ground as it simply doesn't exist.

I disagree, I think there is a middle ground. I support abortions for reasons where I think the decision is justified such as rape, parents inability due to disabilities with either themselves or otherwise and many other reasons. I do not support abortions as birth control
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  09:21:43  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Where YOU think the decision is justified!?! What about the woman, doesn't she get a say?

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

My mother told me a few years back that if there were any issues in utero that could've led to a disability, I would've been aborted so I didn't have to go through an impaired quality of life.

It is one that is very brave when it is a confirmed pregnancy with disabilities. A lot of parents are not built to become full time careers for disabled children/adults and the child suffers their whole life. Bit unfair on the child I say. A life of misery or ending something before it has the ability to suffer.

I find it quite sad that a bunch of males on a forum have so much negativity about something that we men will never truely understand, we’ll never know what it is like to terminate a pregnancy as we will never be pregnant. We will never be raped and develop a child because of that rape etc list goes on!

Exactly right! It's the woman's body, it's her ****ing choice! And the fact is, most women want the ability to choose. End of story.

but its not her body...she is killing another body

So you say that as soon as an egg is fertilized, a woman's reproductive system no longer belongs to her?

Do you think it becomes the property of the foetus, or maybe the state? Or perhaps you think you should have personal control of every woman's reproductive system?

And according to you,would miscarriage be manslaughter?

Edited by - karter on 30 May 2018 09:32:27
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  09:40:14  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
good questions karter

I agree with sonic...when ferterlization begins

miscarriage is obviously not manslaughter...neither is cancer suicide, that's silly

if a mother were to tear a baby apart as soon as it was born, we would be horrified but in the womb its celebrated as her rights ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  10:35:40  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So you say that as soon as an egg is fertilized, a woman's reproductive system no longer belongs to her?

Do you think it becomes the property of the foetus, or maybe the state? Or perhaps you think you should have personal control of every woman's reproductive system?

And according to you,would miscarriage be manslaughter?

who even suggested it wasn't her reproductive system?

we are not talking about the removal of a scab here but a new life that has begun.

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  11:01:22  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A boil or a tumour could be said to be a new life.

The fact is, the woman's reproductive system belongs to her. And anything within it.

Nobody, no priest, no politician has the right to tell her what she can or cannot do with it.

I'd suggest that when an embryo has developed to the point that it could survive outside of the womb, would be the point it could be considered to be a separate life.

Edited by - karter on 30 May 2018 11:05:30
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  11:14:25  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I'd suggest that when an embryo has developed to the point that it could survive outside of the womb, would be the point it could be considered to be a separate life.

most pro choice people would disagree with that...hilliary Clinton I believe lost the election because she said you can abort any stage

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  11:35:22  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

A boil or a tumour could be said to be a new life.

The fact is, the woman's reproductive system belongs to her. And anything within it.

Nobody, no priest, no politician has the right to tell her what she can or cannot do with it.

A boil or a tumour is not a human life though Karter.

It is something that the law still struggles with even though abortion is being championed as nothing more than a removal of tissue.

You have a car crash and a baby in the womb dies and you get charged with killing it. How can you be charged with killing something that is not a human life?

Leads to a very murky area where it is life if it is wanted but not if you want to get rid of it?

Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 02 Jun 2018 :  10:15:15  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

I agree with these 2 posts.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Jun 2018 :  12:35:32  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/nsw-minister-for-women-tanya-davies-votes-against-abortion-clinic-safe-access-zones/news-story/58e2e01454fa3b58d83c40c59a1960ed

my mates wife is a gynaecologist, she was saying how you cant have an abortion is rural SA...reason are, legality..to have a baby abort in SA is a legal matter and requires a lot of paper work...second a lot of country doctors are against abortions so refuse to perform them

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 08 Jun 2018 12:36:35
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 10 Jun 2018 :  00:04:22  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it is disgraceful that people could abuse, bully and heckle people going to a clinic. The NSW move is a good start.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 10 Jun 2018 :  23:42:56  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In todays paper they siad the government was looking at introducing the same laws that NSW are bringing in

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds.