No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 2017 Monaco GP
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 29 May 2017 :  14:42:49  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, apart from the race in which only 1 overtake stuck...
Thoughts on the longer stint being the winning strategy for both Seb and Dan?

Was great to hear Vestappen complain, but on the other hand I feel for Kimi.
Two years in a row that 2nd has been robbed!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2741 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 29 May 2017 :  15:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that even if Vettel had pitted first, he had the pace to undercut Kimi (provided traffic worked out for him). It was Kimi's lack of pace in that phase of the race compared to Seb, not the strategy that lost him the race IMO. Kimi didn't really get stuck behind anyone like Bottas and Max did behind Sainz.

Either way it's three years in a row with a very unhappy driver on the podium.

Glad that Wehrlein was able to get out of the car okay. Sure was a weird one when the coverage cut to that shot!

And how was JB with Fernando on the radio? "I'm going to pee in your seat!"

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 May 2017 :  23:07:13  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd much rather Kimi win than Seb, but no matter what they did with the strategy, Seb was gonna have him. The Ferrari was clearly the best car at Monaco and Kimi was holding Seb up. The Red Bulls and Bottas were close. Hell by the end of it, Kimi was under serious threat from Dan. Luckily for him it's super tough to pass at Monaco otherwise it would've been pretty clear cut.

Great to see Dan's strategy work out. He seemed quicker than Max but likely wouldn't have gotten ahead of him without that strategy.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds.