V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Drag Racing
 VALE: eight-year-old Anita Board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldtimer
Team Manager

4318 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  00:21:15  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
A junior dragster competitor has died following a crash a Perth Motorplex on Saturday.

The Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA) has issued a statement confirming that eight-year-old Anita Board succumbed to injuries sustained after an incident on Saturday afternoon.

It has been reported that Board was undergoing a solo run when she lost control and crashed into a wall,

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/11/12/junior-dragster-racer-dies-perth-crash/

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  07:42:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
bloody terrbile

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  08:35:15  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
while we don't know what caused this the question does need to be asked...

how is an 8 year old allowed to drive any type of vehicle like this? hopefully this leads to some sort of reform but I wouldn't hold my breath.

gutted for the family.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5883 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  09:10:00  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
100k's is bloody fast for an 8yo, they need to review this process. A 100k crash in a car is serious enough, let alone one of those.

Very very sad, I have an 8yo grand-daughter, this must be terrible for the family

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 13 Nov 2017 09:10:58
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  13:07:18  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

while we don't know what caused this the question does need to be asked...

how is an 8 year old allowed to drive any type of vehicle like this? hopefully this leads to some sort of reform but I wouldn't hold my breath.

gutted for the family.

I didn't know the track was licensed to allow someone that age to race on it.

This is trememdously sad. RIP.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5883 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  13:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
there is a lot you don't know, but it hasn't stopped you being an ultracrepidarian on all things

Edited by - Trev on 13 Nov 2017 13:11:19
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11247 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  13:30:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ANDRA rules allow 8 year olds in Junior Dragster although kids of the same age racing in karts and dirt bikes are probably more likely to be injured.

A very unfortunate set of circumstances. RIP.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5883 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  14:51:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
this is from another forum, not Australian (posted by a bloke who is Aussie, owns a drag racecar and races at W.A. and is from W.A. plus he is a tool)

quote:
It was her first full pass down the strip. The track has a swing out section of the wall that the juniors use to exit the track. She has come down the track and tried to take the turn and contacted the end of the wall that's exposed when the gate is open. She has hit the end of the wall side on effectively, right on the cockpit. It happened at less than 30mph as she had only turned 8 on Thursday and was in the beginners class with speed restrictions. It's just an accident. Not the tracks fact, not the track staffs fault, not really the little girls fault either. Just one of those one in a million accidents that had the worst possible result. Godspeed little racer.

Edited by - Trev on 13 Nov 2017 14:52:19
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  15:46:11  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

ANDRA rules allow 8 year olds in Junior Dragster although kids of the same age racing in karts and dirt bikes are probably more likely to be injured.

A very unfortunate set of circumstances. RIP.

At least with a track there is some sort of barrier that takes the impact of the collision such as a tyre barrier. For drag racing, it is usually, at least on the sides, just straight permanent wall.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5883 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  17:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Really?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  19:43:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Junior speedway cars go quicker, as do some mini bikes....this is just a terrible accident

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6327 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 14 Nov 2017 :  13:15:56  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

this is from another forum, not Australian (posted by a bloke who is Aussie, owns a drag racecar and races at W.A. and is from W.A. plus he is a tool)

quote:
It was her first full pass down the strip. The track has a swing out section of the wall that the juniors use to exit the track. She has come down the track and tried to take the turn and contacted the end of the wall that's exposed when the gate is open. She has hit the end of the wall side on effectively, right on the cockpit. It happened at less than 30mph as she had only turned 8 on Thursday and was in the beginners class with speed restrictions. It's just an accident. Not the tracks fact, not the track staffs fault, not really the little girls fault either. Just one of those one in a million accidents that had the worst possible result. Godspeed little racer.

That's essentially what happened, she turned in and the front tyres skipped, the concrete wall edge is protected by angle iron.

My heart sank when I heard about it as i'm sure, any parent's did.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds.