V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2017 Season Finale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  00:20:21  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Newcastle is nearly upon us, men! With that comes the 2017 season finale for the V8CFL. I wish to thank all for participating.

My hat is in the ring for being the 2018 V8CFL Czar, King, CEO, President, Dictator, Sultan, Emir, and HFMIC. If anyone else wishes to assume command, though, with different ideas, a different format, etc., I will gladly step aside to allow an attempt at progress in another direction.

But as for 2017, we have two issues to resolve: The V8CFL Championship and the V8CFL Tournament.

In the Championship, there are pretty much only two contenders left. Helix and his Shogun Autosport camp, and TheArrow and The Arrow Motorsport gang.

Points are as follows:

Shogun Autosport       2723
The Arrow Motorsport   2705 (-18)

300 points are on offer. If one takes all the cars in each camp and eliminates the duplicates on each team, it comes down to this:

Shogun Autosport       88, 99
The Arrow Motorsport   55, 21

So there you have it - 88 & 99 v. 55 & 21. Shogun Autosport has two changes left. The Arrow Motorsport has all four left. Midnight Thursday is the deadline.

It should also be noted that both teams are Ford camps this year. Last year's champ, Brightman and Sideways Racing, ran a Holden.

In the Tournament, it is winner-take-all between A-Tech Motorsport, headed by Madaz, and Technique Motorsports, with Quake as Team Principal.

A breakdown of THESE teams shows THREE differences in makeup:

A-Tech Motorsport      6, 9, 78
Technique Motorsports  2, 8, 99

The other cars in the camps, 88, 17, and 888 are common to both. A-Tech Motorsport has three changes left, Technique Motorsports has all four left. Once again, the deadline for changes is Midnight Thursday.

A-Tech Motorsport is a Ford shod team whereas Technique Motorsports is the only Holden team to possibly garnish a cup this weekend.

Last year, we ALL remember GoobaFish and his Team Fortress folks winning it all on the last day at Sydney Olympic Park with their Commodore.

Good luck to all! A new venue, too! Nothing could POSSIBLY go wrong for anyone there!

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3556 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  09:28:22  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm still in it .. hahaha.

But in all seriousness, great job to the others, and may the best man win.

I should be pretty comfortable with 3rd, and that's way better than I've done in the past.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  12:06:49  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

Yes you ARE, mate! And I apologize! My math was off. If you are within 210 markers you have a shot. A long shot, but still a shot!

One too many Coors Lights whilst manipulating the slide rule, I had.

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3556 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Nov 2017 :  16:35:43  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

Yes you ARE, mate! And I apologize! My math was off. If you are within 210 markers you have a shot. A long shot, but still a shot!

One too many Coors Lights whilst manipulating the slide rule, I had.

Not a worry, I'm 172 points back.. a bit too far, unless something absolutely crazy happens, which I doubt.

Thanks for running another great season!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  00:51:14  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The window for changes prior to Newcastle has closed. All team rosters are locked down one last time.

I have Sunday off from work so, with luck, I can go from start-to-finish watching tha action and get the results out by nightfall (USA time). Thanksgiving Day here in the States. Gotta go. I am going to be in combat with a turkey dinner.

Go to Top of Page

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
211 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 25 Nov 2017 :  23:38:34  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wow what a time to throw it in the bin haha, i think arrow has it in the bag but im gunna hold on as hard as i can and hope for a miracle.

I think u've done a great job mate this year and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

2017 V8 Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6415 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 25 Nov 2017 :  23:59:55  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Helix

wow what a time to throw it in the bin haha, i think arrow has it in the bag but im gunna hold on as hard as i can and hope for a miracle.

I think u've done a great job mate this year and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Having all 6 cars in the top 13 helps but mate, I'm not getting ahead of myself. As we saw, a lot can happen in one race...

---

See...

Edited by - TheArrow on 26 Nov 2017 18:23:42
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17947 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  18:27:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks mike mate ....awesome job

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Professor
Pit Crew

113 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  11:29:39  Show Profile Send Professor a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Mike for a great job throughout the year. Bring on 2018!
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  11:35:55  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for your kind words. T-onne, and Prof.

Newcastle Results are posted.

Congrats to Helix & Shogun Autosport as they are our 2017 V8CFL Champs - by nine points! They outlegged TheArrow & The Arrow Motorsport in the final race. After Race 1, The Arrow Motorsport held a 21 point lead headed into Race 2.

The Tournament was won in stellar fashion by Madaz & A-Tech Motorsport. The fantasy crowd was on their feet as they pipped Quake & Technique Motorsports by only THREE MARKERS, 756-753! And you blokes thought Whincup and McLaughlin was a show!

And, as a final tip of the hat, Infamous & ITR Racing finished fourth in Race 2 this weekend. This means all 2017 participants finished with a Top 5! Good job, men!

On a sidebar, TheArrow was last seen headed out to Knobby Head point with his head hanging low post race. Helix, carrying a case of rum and a flag with a big #1 on it, and a bunch of long legged girls in bikinis, were seen chasing after him to attempt to toast his great attempt in this tight battle. Second place might not seem all that bad - after they catch up to him.

Congrats to all for a good go throughout the year. See you in 2018. We'll improve our series/league with better rules and tiebreakers. We learn as we go.

I must now go.

Cheers, and thanks for having me aboard this ship of action!

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 27 Nov 2017 12:18:37
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
211 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  14:40:46  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wholy crap, wholy crap, wholy crap lol
I cant believe it, im currently overseas and have not been able to watch any of the action so i havent kept up to date, this is a shock.

First id like to thank mike for running a great comp all year.

Secondly Arrow for taking it to the limit with me, bring on 2018.

Most important to the members who keep this alive and fun and the light hearted banter that makes it great to be a part of.

2017 V8 Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17947 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  14:44:45  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Helix

Wholy crap, wholy crap, wholy crap lol
I cant believe it, im currently overseas and have not been able to watch any of the action so i havent kept up to date, this is a shock.

First id like to thank mike for running a great comp all year.

Secondly Arrow for taking it to the limit with me, bring on 2018.

Most important to the members who keep this alive and fun and the light hearted banter that makes it great to be a part of.

well done cobber

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  17:15:20  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations to all the winners, I sit with a white ribbon in 4th.
A great year though and enjoying all the banter.

Cheers Mike .

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6415 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2017 :  23:25:45  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll admit, it's pretty devastating to have been so close. I kind of feel a tiny bit of how Scotty feels.

It was a nice return to form for The Arrow Motorsport, though. It's been a long time since we were even remotely close to fighting for the Championship.

But a huge congratulations to Helix and his team. The best man won.

Here's hoping for a bigger and better 2018 (for The Arrow Motorsport. Stuff yas all, I want the win!!!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds.