No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2018
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 14 Mar 2018 :  16:58:31  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The tipsters nightmare...

What did everyone else end up with. 3/8 from me.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Mar 2018 :  22:30:36  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't bother too much with it but but just look through while it's on the news and i would have picked 2 winners

I think this year is going to be a cracker. Quite a few teams with the cattle to go on with it

Just got my tickets for State of Origin game 3 at Suncorp.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11269 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 27 Mar 2018 :  16:04:26  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Manly have been done for salary cap breaches.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-26/nrl-fines-manly-sea-eagles-750000-for-salary-cap-breaches/9587044?section=sport

EDIT: It's a bit dead in here. Obviously no one is answering Greenberg's call to #talkthegameup.

Edited by - CP on 06 May 2018 21:56:30
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 May 2018 :  22:02:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geez, that's old news CP!

Current news is that Manly lost to the Roosters today!

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 06 May 2018 22:03:35
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11269 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 May 2018 :  19:46:43  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wasn't Cameron Smith one of the inventors of the chicken wing tackle?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/storm/nrl-2018-cameron-smith-charged-for-wishbone-tackle-on-kevin-proctor/news-story/903b44484f01579d7a65a6b06ab06b73
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 15 May 2018 :  17:48:11  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And just like that... Cam retires from rep football?

Very abrupt... I'd say those rumours earlier in the year have caught up.

--

DCE walking out on Manly?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 13 Jun 2018 10:32:17
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11269 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2018 :  22:12:59  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As someone that isn't a league fan, that Storm/Dragons game was pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 06 Jul 2018 :  22:32:44  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Enjoyable for sure, but not as polished because of the origin period.

History says a team that loses by 50 can't win the premiership, I don't think you can read too much of that with the Dragons missing a good chunk of their team, and really only losing the game in that final 10mins. I was expecting them to lose by that margin, but throughout the whole game, not in the final 10. Was happy to see them compete for so long.

Nightingale stuck out like a sore thumb, he handed them at least 2 tries.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 07 Jul 2018 :  07:24:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What about Penrith last night?
Who needs Cleary and Maloney?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11269 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2018 :  10:40:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Enjoyable for sure, but not as polished because of the origin period.

History says a team that loses by 50 can't win the premiership, I don't think you can read too much of that with the Dragons missing a good chunk of their team, and really only losing the game in that final 10mins. I was expecting them to lose by that margin, but throughout the whole game, not in the final 10. Was happy to see them compete for so long.

Nightingale stuck out like a sore thumb, he handed them at least 2 tries.

One thing I noticed was that they really love to target James Graham.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2018 :  13:02:49  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

What about Penrith last night?
Who needs Cleary and Maloney?

QLD certainly didn't.

@ CP - They target Graham because they know he reacts.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11269 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 02 Aug 2018 :  14:55:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The NRL inducted five Immortals last night since taking over the reigns from Rugby League Week (which they bought and axed just so they can get the Immortals).

The five inductees were were Mal Meninga, Norm Provan, Dally Messenger, Dave Brown and Frank Burge.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-01/five-new-rugby-league-immortals-named/10063218
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 02 Aug 2018 :  15:16:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know it was difficult as I don't think any of the current immortals or others on the panel had ever seen them play, but I'm glad they went with all 3 pre war players.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Aug 2018 :  07:22:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gus Gould isn't covering himself with glory at the moment.
He's ducking and weaving and altering his stories all the time.
I hope everything blows up in his face.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Aug 2018 :  08:33:47  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Me too, but Iím biased. If the ĎCleary to Penrithí deal goes ahead, jeez itís going to cost Penrith. They gave to pay out Griffin, they have to pay out Wests for Cleary, they then have to pay Cleary the massive amount theyíve offered for this four-year deal, and the way things are headed, thereíll be a hefty legal bill as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.05 seconds.