V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 F1 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Jun 2018 :  09:27:15  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Yes, if they could put together a decent chassis.

Speaking of decent chassis, news is that RBR is switching to Honda power next year.

TBH, I don't know if this is a good move or not. Honda does seem to be improving but really they could hardly have gotten worse.

You have to wonder how Dan will be feeling. It's looking more and more likely that he'll have to stay at RBR for the next year.

Mercedes seem happy with the current driver pairing and Ferrari may not want to risk making Vettel unhappy.

Another option might be McLaren, who might be looking for two new drivers, but who would make that move?

With Red Bull Aston Martin redesigning their 2019 car to use the Honda engine, it gives Torro Rosso Honda a great opportunity to use many parts in common in a similar fashion to Hass using Ferrari bits.

This could save the Red Bull organisation many Euros and make Torro Rosso more competitive.

I know the following is an old article, but it lists the bits that the customer can use, which is almost all mechanical parts.

quote:
Haas/Ferrari relationship 'very intelligent' - Toto Wolff

Sutton Images
Oct 21, 2015
Laurence Edmondson

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff says the relationship between Haas and Ferrari opens up new possibilities for teams to enter Formula One.

Haas will join the grid next year and will do so with a car that shares as many parts as is allowed under the regulations with Ferrari. Haas has to own the IP for its monocoque, survival cell, roll structure, bodywork, wings, floor and diffuser, but all other components will be supplied by Ferrari as part of a technical deal with Maranello.

Haas' relationship with the Italian team also extends to the use of its wind tunnel, which it has been using extensively to develop its 2016 car. Rival teams were suspicious of the relationship, believing Haas may be running a joint wind tunnel programme with Ferrari to help develop the SF15-T, but a visit by the FIA's Marcin Budkowski reported nothing wrong with the way the two teams were operating. Nevertheless, the Haas/Ferrari relationship has caught the eye of rivals Mercedes.

"I think there is a possibility for various models - the Haas model is clearly a very intelligent way of entering Formula One," Wolff said when asked about new teams coming into the sport.

"It's been all compliant and it was checked with the FIA. Marcin was there and audited, so we have no doubt that it is all fair and square. But the answer is yes, it opens up an avenue for new models of collaboration and customer teams or different associations."

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/13089541/haas-ferrari-relationship-very-intelligent-toto-wolff

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Jun 2018 :  21:11:09  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anything that results in more teams being competitive has to be good.
Go to Top of Page

adzy_B
V8 Champion

Australia
828 Posts
joined 06 May 09

Posted - 23 Jun 2018 :  21:54:54  Show Profile Send adzy_B a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mercy has Lewis
Fezza has Seb
Mclaren has Alonso
Red Bull has Max

Iím calling it early

Danny Ric to Renault ( for a big ass bag of $ and the same length contract as whatever Lewis does)

Thinkin out loud

I also think that a Ferrari deal was looking good until the emergence of Leclerc

Edited by - adzy_B on 23 Jun 2018 21:59:50
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1122 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Jun 2018 :  23:11:44  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adzy_B

I also think that a Ferrari deal was looking good until the emergence of Leclerc

Agree. I cannot vouch for what Dan would do/push once he was at Ferrari, but Charles is one of their development drivers and upon his arrival, he would immediately realize he was the second driver. Ferrari would have no headache there. Dan would make a much more push to unseat Seb.

It is going to play out one way or another. I just hope Dan does not take a step back when it is all done, like leave Red Bull and then all of a sudden the Hondas come to serious life - finally.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 08 Jul 2018 :  08:45:10  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So it seems Dan had little interest from anywhere. His only competitive option left is Redbull.
Go to Top of Page

madbugger
V8 Champion

Australia
1427 Posts
joined 26 Jun 06

Posted - 06 Aug 2018 :  21:02:49  Show Profile Send madbugger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adzy_B

Mercy has Lewis
Fezza has Seb
Mclaren has Alonso
Red Bull has Max

Iím calling it early

Danny Ric to Renault ( for a big ass bag of $ and the same length contract as whatever Lewis does)

Thinkin out loud

Nice call

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 07 Aug 2018 :  07:01:46  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was in Coles last night and had a laugh at the August edition of F1 Racing magazine. "Can Honda make Dan champion?"

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  12:31:34  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gasly confirmed for Red Bull.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-confirms-gasly-2019/3161638/

What we really need now to shake up F1 is for Torro Rosso to announce Sainz for 2019. Unlikely, but he is still apparently under contact with red Bull.

I would not be surprised to see Newly-crowned Formula E champion Jean-Eric Vergne or Daniil Vyacheslavovich Kvyat or both in Torro Rosso.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  18:04:23  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sainz is off to McLaren. It was announced like last week. There's even a thread for it here!

Good opportunity for Gasly, but it's a very young lineup. Could be risky for a supposed top team.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  18:05:12  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Gasly confirmed for Red Bull.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-confirms-gasly-2019/3161638/

What we really need now to shake up F1 is for Torro Rosso to announce Sainz for 2019. Unlikely, but he is still apparently under contact with red Bull.

I would not be surprised to see Newly-crowned Formula E champion Jean-Eric Vergne or Daniil Vyacheslavovich Kvyat or both in Torro Rosso.

With rumours of Raikkonen staying at Ferrari, surely they'd have a crack at Le Clerc?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 Aug 2018 :  18:33:34  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Sainz is off to McLaren. It was announced like last week. There's even a thread for it here!

Good opportunity for Gasly, but it's a very young lineup. Could be risky for a supposed top team.

I was announced by McLaren, not by Red Bull, who, had him under contract for 2019. maybe they will release him, but they are very annoyed with McLaren over other matters, mainly early release of private negotiations.
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1122 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Aug 2018 :  11:37:40  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gasly to replace Dan:

Red Bull confirm Pierre Gasly as Daniel Ricciardo's replacement

Ricciardo stunned Red Bull by revealing earlier this month that he will end his stay with the team to join Renault in 2019

Red Bull have announced that Frenchman Pierre Gasly will replace Daniel Ricciardo next season.

Ricciardo, 28, stunned Red Bull by revealing earlier this month that he will end his stay with the team to join Renault in 2019.

Gasly is in only his first full season in Formula One, but, after quietly impressing for Red Bull's junior team Toro Rosso, he will now drive alongside Max Verstappen for the senior outfit next term.

Gasly, 22, was the obvious choice to take over from Ricciardo, with Carlos Sainz, currently on loan to Renault from Red Bull, moving to McLaren in 2019.

"Since Pierre first stepped into a Formula One seat with Toro Rosso less than a year ago he has proved the undoubted talent that Red Bull has nurtured since his early career," Christian Horner, the Red Bull team principal, said.

"His stellar performances this year at the Honda-powered team, in only his first full season in Formula One, have only enhanced his reputation as one of the most exciting young drivers in motorsport and we look forward to Pierre bringing his speed, skill and attitude to the team in 2019."

Gasly finished fourth in the second race of the season in Bahrain and has consistently out-performed his team-mate Brendon Hartley. He is 13th in the drivers' standings, 24 points ahead of his New Zealand team-mate.

"To be awarded a drive at Red Bull Racing from 2019 is a dream come true for me," Gasly added. "I'm so excited to be joining this top team.

"It has been my goal to race for this team since I joined the Red Bull Junior Driver Programme in 2013 and this incredible opportunity is another step forward in my ambition to win grands prix and compete for world championships.

"Red Bull has always looked to fight for championships or victories and that's what I want.

"As hugely exciting a moment as this is, I am fully aware of the challenge this special opportunity offers me and the expectations that faces any driver at Red Bull Racing.

"I'm looking forward to rewarding the faith that [Red Bull owner] Dietrich Mate****z, Christian Horner and [Red Bull motorsport advisor] Dr Helmut Marko have placed in me."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/red-bull-drivers-pierre-gasly-daniel-ricciardo-max-verstappen-2019-season-a8500451.html

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  06:42:28  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting that Alonso is claiming he was offered the RedBull drive, and Horner is saying he wasn't.

I'm inclined to believe Horner. Why would Alonso knock back a drive in a race winning team?
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10344 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  08:03:29  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Interesting that Alonso is claiming he was offered the RedBull drive, and Horner is saying he wasn't.

I'm inclined to believe Horner. Why would Alonso knock back a drive in a race winning team?

Probably for the same reason Ricciardo did?

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  14:35:07  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I'd say right in the middle is where the truth lies.
Maybe a passing by comment in the car park...

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  16:08:08  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

Probably for the same reason Ricciardo did?

Alonso is in a **** team, that's in a downward spiral. At least Renault has been improving.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18  Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.44 seconds.