V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 F1 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Jam3s
Team Manager

2774 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 28 Apr 2019 :  23:43:51  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Disappointing mistake from Dan, was on for a points finish today.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2085 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 29 Apr 2019 :  11:35:04  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Spot the Perth driver

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 29 Apr 2019 :  12:21:38  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

Disappointing mistake from Dan, was on for a points finish today.

Pretty forgettable year for him so far.

In an alternate universe, Williams is doing great!

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/motor-sport/lewis-hamilton-taunts-misfiring-ferrari-after-williams-dominates-yet-again-at-azerbaijan-grand-prix/news-story/c52a11ed67c195491eb23d72df4d2949

Edited by - karter on 02 May 2019 07:41:40
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 13 May 2019 :  12:51:32  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dan almost got into the points today in Barcelona. To rub salt in the wounds, the Red Bulls ran great with the Hondas. So did the STRs.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2774 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 13 May 2019 :  15:05:06  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Renault are a joke of a team. Factory outfit being embarrassed by privateer teams on smaller budgets with drivers not considered as good.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 13 May 2019 :  17:43:41  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's looking like this year's WDC is going to be decided in the first few seconds of each race.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 13 May 2019 :  22:12:53  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

It's looking like this year's WDC is going to be decided in the first few seconds of each race.

What more would anyone expect with F1?

Dan made a big mistake. Should of stayed at Redbull.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 13 May 2019 :  22:38:03  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by karter

What more would anyone expect with F1?

Dan made a big mistake. Should of stayed at Redbull.

Why? He doesnít want podiums he wants WDCs and there was no way that was happening at Red Bull (theyíll never win another - hold me to that) so he was forced to try something different. You do realise the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Apart from podiums/points I canít think of a single reason why he wouldíve stayed at RB. As for going to Renault, an illustrious history in F1 and with a global manufacturer behind them one would hope a good budget. Oh and then thereís more money than he wouldíve got at RB. So tell me again why heíd stay at RB and have Max best him and destroy his career for less money than what heís earning now? Oh for the points... back to my first point.

Edited by - HRTKLR on 13 May 2019 22:39:29
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 13 May 2019 :  23:59:26  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with HRTKLR

The biggest concern is if Renault donít get their **** together. He could be the forgotten man.

Thatís the risk.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  05:35:03  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There were plenty on here and elsewhere saying Lewis was making a big mistake going to Mercedes. Changing teams is always a gamble.
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2774 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  10:31:00  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Renault will never spend what Mercedes and Ferrari are and that why they will never win another championship.

If there is a budget cap introduced there is a chance, but I don't have much confidence that Renault run their team as well as Mercedes do.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  10:51:43  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2019/05/13/mercedes-send-f1-car-to-home-of-terminally-ill-boy-who-inspired-hamilton/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=YW5kcm9pZC1hcHA6Ly9jb20uZ29vZ2xlLmFuZHJvaWQuZ29vZ2xlcXVpY2tzZWFyY2hib3gvaHR0cHMvd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAG-IQoBLwI_rDR84JzEmhcAV5pl2TQSOHbkANyRocJ0dzLi7ELhT8444pWfdmRAZvCVhEw2bOHHNpXrHgPvYGglLSiNrK0RZt_Ej9GMevxjVHBea5_jvwr-Hm9B5EDy2MlbH1c6CtySuzkuPvJm2wREEKDOwCPcDCjBVTnPbBCZs
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  12:08:27  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

I agree with HRTKLR

The biggest concern is if Renault donít get their **** together. He could be the forgotten man.

Thatís the risk.

Indeed it is but thatís a safer risk than being beaten by Max. At least people know the Renault is **** than think Daniel is because Max beats him like a drum in the same equipment.

I also see Renault as waiting room for something better. Only problem is at 30 next year, Dan isnít one of the young guys anymore and Leclerc, Ocon, Albon etc are probably better long term prospects for the big 3 than Daniel so the waiting room might not work.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1586 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  23:19:51  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Verstappen beat Ricciardo in the same equipment?

What F1 series were you watching?

There were other quotes in here that got my attention. But I can't be bothered with all of them after reading that.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2774 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 15 May 2019 :  12:44:30  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

Verstappen beat Ricciardo in the same equipment?

What F1 series were you watching?

There were other quotes in here that got my attention. But I can't be bothered with all of them after reading that.

2nd half of 2018 Max was objectively the faster driver during their races, the avg lap time data supports that too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds.