V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 F1 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9569 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 15 May 2019 :  15:44:10  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

Verstappen beat Ricciardo in the same equipment?

What F1 series were you watching?

There were other quotes in here that got my attention. But I can't be bothered with all of them after reading that.

2nd half of 2018 Max was objectively the faster driver during their races, the avg lap time data supports that too.

Precisely James. Max is the faster driver. It hurts to say it but itís true.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 15 May 2019 :  19:56:03  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
2nd half of the year, after it was known Ricciardo was going? Who gives a ****?

Once these guys get to a comparable level, they're going to have minor relative strengths that become a bigger deal. A purple patch over the other always happens. It's nothing to see a therapist about.

People were celebrating Verstappen's PP at Mexico and becoming the youngest PP setter for two weeks before it didn't happen.

Verstappen may have some flashy performances, and he can win a WC in the best car. But that's all he can do. Ricciardo is the only one of the two that has demonstrated he could win a WC in the 2nd best car.

edit: Also, in races they both finished (No excuses of mechanical failure or driver error, theirs or someone else's), Ricciardo outscored Verstappen 158-141. The other **** doesn't matter.

edit2: I'm glad you guys aren't team managers and have a say in Ricciardo's career.

What's going to happen when the next new guys who puts on a couple of flashy performances? "Oh, Max is too old now (@25yo). He better win a championship before <insert driver name> gets a drive at <insert dominant team>".

You got to get a grip.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!

Edited by - journeyman racer on 16 May 2019 22:18:06
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 17 May 2019 :  12:41:06  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Once these guys get to a comparable level, they're going to have minor relative strengths that become a bigger deal. A purple patch over the other always happens. It's nothing to see a therapist about.

People were celebrating Verstappen's PP at Mexico and becoming the youngest PP setter for two weeks before it didn't happen.

Verstappen may have some flashy performances, and he can win a WC in the best car. But that's all he can do. Ricciardo is the only one of the two that has demonstrated he could win a WC in the 2nd best car.

edit: Also, in races they both finished (No excuses of mechanical failure or driver error, theirs or someone else's), Ricciardo outscored Verstappen 158-141. The other **** doesn't matter.

edit2: I'm glad you guys aren't team managers and have a say in Ricciardo's career.

What's going to happen when the next new guys who puts on a couple of flashy performances? "Oh, Max is too old now (@25yo). He better win a championship before <insert driver name> gets a drive at <insert dominant team>".

You got to get a grip.

Calm down kid, clearly your bias is such that it gets you into an emotional state when someone suggests (based on data mind you) something you don't want to hear.

Max's performances this season have also been stellar, he's matured greatly even compared to last season and has been rock solid in qualifying and in the races, the advantage Ric generally had over him which appears no longer. Ric has made a tragic career decision that will almost guarantee he will never win a championship, perhaps not even win another race and that is painful, but he's made his own bed.

Edited by - Jam3s on 17 May 2019 12:43:29
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 17 May 2019 :  15:37:11  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The most disappointing thing is that Renault are being creamed by McLaren, using Renault engines.

Been impressed with Lando Norris. And McLaren have improved big time too. Seems all they needed was to get rid of the disruptive Spaniard.

Edited by - karter on 17 May 2019 15:40:44
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 17 May 2019 :  17:28:25  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:

You got to get a grip.

Calm down kid, clearly your bias is such that it gets you into an emotional state when someone suggests (based on data mind you) something you don't want to hear.

Max's performances this season have also been stellar, he's matured greatly even compared to last season and has been rock solid in qualifying and in the races, the advantage Ric generally had over him which appears no longer. Ric has made a tragic career decision that will almost guarantee he will never win a championship, perhaps not even win another race and that is painful, but he's made his own bed.

As I said in my second edit, I'm glad you're not a team manager and don't have a say in Ricciardo's career.

What data?

What advantage did Ricciardo have over Verstappen that you think no longer exists?

Go to Top of Page

tusker
Formula Ford Driver

346 Posts
joined 29 Nov 07

Posted - 19 May 2019 :  04:21:07  Show Profile  Visit tusker's Homepage Send tusker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is Max faster than Dan? Maybe, or even likely.

I am in the camp that firmly believes Ricciardo was never going to win a championship while teammates with Max at RB, whether they favoured Max more or Max was faster, or both. He had to go to another team for a shot at a WDC. I think that both Mercedes and Ferrari didn't take him because their senior drivers wouldn't have it. Let's not forget that Dan comprehensively beat 4-time WDC winner Vettel when they were teammates, in only in his first year with the top level RB team. Seb even said that the difference between Webber and Dan was that while Webber might have had an initial edge on some faster corners, Dan was just faster all round.

Everything looks like failure in the middle and Dan is going through the middle right now. I'm keeping the faith.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  00:51:31  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ferrari just going from one low to another. Charles elimated Q1.
Realistically, Charles will be lucky to make the points tomorrow. Max managed 9th with the best car there last year - and Ferrari don't have the best car.

Max will take 3rd in the Championship this year purely through Ferrari's bumbling around. They're lucky Dan doesn't drive the other Bull otherwise they'd pinch 2nd in the Constructors too!'

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  06:43:34  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep. Is it too early for Ferrari to start sacking management types again?

Looked like the track wasn't wide enough for Vettel, so he tried making it wider.

Great job from Dan he's really good here.

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1119 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  08:57:13  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting that the one Ferrari knocked the other Ferrari out of Q1. Makes you wonder who was pulling for who in the camp.

And how about Racing Point tanking? Not even CLOSE to making it out of Q1. Has to give Williams something to shoot at.

Go Dan. He is in the best shape this round as he has been all year. Nothing can POSSIBLY go wrong for Renault now......

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  23:20:04  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

Interesting that the one Ferrari knocked the other Ferrari out of Q1. Makes you wonder who was pulling for who in the camp.

And how about Racing Point tanking? Not even CLOSE to making it out of Q1. Has to give Williams something to shoot at.

Go Dan. He is in the best shape this round as he has been all year. Nothing can POSSIBLY go wrong for Renault now......

I think that was just by chance, they couldn't tell Seb to stop his quick lap for Charles (and vice-versa).
End of the day, they needed to put the car back out there.

--Race comments--

If Dan can stay fault-free from here, it's looking very good.
Charles making early ground too.

Edit: Spoke too soon on both counts.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 27 May 2019 16:08:43
Go to Top of Page

adzy_B
V8 Champion

Australia
828 Posts
joined 06 May 09

Posted - 27 May 2019 :  01:05:09  Show Profile Send adzy_B a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMFG that was dull.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 May 2019 :  16:08:13  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adzy_B

OMFG that was dull.

That's what Monaco always is. Last year Seb couldn't even get past a Red Bull missing 150HP, 3 seconds a lap slower.

I found the final 15 or so laps thrilling, you knew Max was going to have a dive and there was a decent chance it was going to end in tears.
Seb was just staying far enough away to dodge it, knowing he had 2nd wrapped up.

Renault went for the wrong strategy again. Put Dan behind a bunch of cars, track position is king around this place.
If they had their time again they would've kept him out and he would've been able to hold off Gasly for 5th.

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 03 Jun 2019 :  21:49:16  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by meha

I actually wondered that myself. I would have thought that there was a lot more races than that.

My records have it at 972 World Championship F1 races

It took me a while to wonder what you were talking about before realising that you didn't include the F1 races that were with the F2 regs in the early 50s.

Tbh, from my point of view. The WC is more important than F1, and you don't know how a WC would be expected to turn out when it was thought of in the 40s. So I do count China as the 1000th race.

But for ease statistics and clarity, I get the other point.

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 09 Jun 2019 :  07:16:39  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brilliant job from Dan at Montreal!!! Qualified p4! Ahead of both Redbulls. God I'd love if he could do that for the rest of the season!

Come on Renault, PLEASE don't **** his strategy up!

Edited by - karter on 09 Jun 2019 07:41:41
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 09 Jun 2019 :  07:49:34  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Brilliant job from Dan at Montreal!!! Qualified p4! Ahead of both Redbulls. God I'd love if he could do that for the rest of the season!

Come on Renault, PLEASE don't **** his strategy up!

Miracles DO happen

go Dan !!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.94 seconds.