V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 F1 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 29 Mar 2019 :  16:57:04  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

I don't know what those view were, and he was likely to be wrong.

He thought that the European cars shouldn't have been protested. He was on the Ch7 telecast that day, but I think his views were aired afterwards

Elisabeth Tuckey gave him a spray in a following edition of Racing Car News
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 29 Mar 2019 :  22:48:28  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I quite like Joe, donít always agree with him and enjoy going to his functions when heís in Melbourne.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Mar 2019 :  07:15:50  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting quali at Bahrain!

https://youtu.be/QsX9xXq2pqE

Wonder if Ferrari's team orders at Melbourne will turn round and bite them on the arse.

Seems to be good gains by McLaren This year. Renault, not so much.

First time a team mate has outqualified Bottas here.

Edited by - karter on 31 Mar 2019 08:12:46
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Mar 2019 :  16:22:20  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought of you as soon as Charles grabbed pole over Seb, Karter.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out... if Charles leads after the opening foray, you'd have to say he'd get the perferred strategy.

Shame it starts at 2am... I'm in for the 11pm starts (relunctantly), but 2am won't be happening.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Mar 2019 :  18:59:32  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I thought of you as soon as Charles grabbed pole over Seb, Karter.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out... if Charles leads after the opening foray, you'd have to say he'd get the perferred strategy.

Shame it starts at 2am... I'm in for the 11pm starts (relunctantly), but 2am won't be happening.

Yep, bit late or early for me too.

Nice of you to think of me, Skaifey!
I'm kind of hoping Ferrari won't do the team order thing too much, just so we can see how Charles goes vs Seb.

But obviously Ferrari's primary focus is going to be the championship.
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 31 Mar 2019 :  22:28:46  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think except for Williams the only thing more concerning than Renault's lack of relative pace is Gasly.

What a shocking start to the year he has had, binned it twice in testing, no points in Melbourne, mediocre qually this weekend.

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  00:59:45  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Impressed with both the McLarens and the HAAS.

Watching qualifying was entertaining, the absolute joy at the Ferrari garage and the longer than normal faces at Mercedes! Pure gold! I really hope Ferrari don't dick Charles over like in Melbourne.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  07:15:58  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To those of you who lack knowledge of "racing nous" as I'll call it. Specifically regarding when or where it's appropriate to enforce "team instructions" of doing nothing other than holding position. That little skirmish between the Renault's in Bahrain is exactly why Ferrari told Leclerc to hold station behind Vettel (Even though Fbf perfectly explained the context of such instructions in the first place).

Ferrari, or any team for that matter, are justified in enforcing such instructions purely because of that.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  08:15:56  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lol! Should they have told LeClerc to trundle round behind Vettel at Bahrain too? Could he drive that slow?

As it was, no team orders produced some good racing between team mates. Something some of us like to see.

Anyway great race, Vettel continuing last years form, (Still on MISSION SPINNOW) damn unlucky for LeClerc, you have to wonder if Dan thinks the money was worth it. At least the Renaults saved LeClerc's podium.

Very impressive start to the season by Lando.

Edited by - karter on 01 Apr 2019 08:58:00
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  12:10:22  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Vettel in that race is exactly why I was annoyed that they made Leclerc hold behind him at Melbourne. Also heart breaking for Charles. Deserved that win.

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  17:49:49  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Lol! Should they have told LeClerc to trundle round behind Vettel at Bahrain too? Could he drive that slow?

All you've done with this comment is demonstrate your lack of situational awareness.

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Vettel in that race is exactly why I was annoyed that they made Leclerc hold behind him at Melbourne. Also heart breaking for Charles. Deserved that win.

As Fbf has articulated what and why Ferrari did at the top of page 7. Why are you upset about it?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 01 Apr 2019 :  18:38:44  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

quote:
Originally posted by karter

All you've done with this comment is demonstrate your lack of situational awareness.

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

As Fbf has articulated what and why Ferrari did at the top of page 7. Why are you upset about it?

All you ever do is post ad hominem garbage.

It was a great race. There was some fantastic racing between team mates. And in those battles the better men on the day won. Thanks to the teams for letting them race.

No doubt you hated every second of that. Assuming you even watched it before commenting.

FBF posted an argument for Ferraris team orders at the AGP, and you've suggested Renault should have issued team orders at Bahrain.

That would be adding a second mistake to a first. For instance Renault completely ****ed up Ricciardo's strategy. If they then told Hulkenberg to stay behind, they effectively ****ed up both cars strategies .

That's what Ferrari did at Melbourne. They put Vettel on a compromised strategy, trying for an undercut then by issuing team orders compromised LeClerc's race too.

Edited by - karter on 02 Apr 2019 11:04:30
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 02 Apr 2019 :  14:44:33  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First time I can remember being happy about a race finishing behind a SC. If there had been a re-start, Charles would have been a sitting duck and he didnt deserve that to happen. I think I may have under estimated his driving talent, he owned the weekend and it was great to see and hear the Mercedes guys praising the young guys talents after the race!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Apr 2019 :  15:37:10  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

First time I can remember being happy about a race finishing behind a SC. If there had been a re-start, Charles would have been a sitting duck and he didnt deserve that to happen. I think I may have under estimated his driving talent, he owned the weekend and it was great to see and hear the Mercedes guys praising the young guys talents after the race!

Yep, he drove brilliantly and apart from the start, certainly overshadowed his team mate, and quickly retook the lead.

However, according to a certain self proclaimed "F1 expert", Charles should have been ordered to sit behind Vettel for the whole race.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 02 Apr 2019 :  17:28:13  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Vetter was slower, Vettel made mistakes, Vettel is the clear #2 in that team from what i saw over the weekend.
The rookie "owned" him and I would expect that to continue as his experience grows. Charles is a very exciting prospect now, and will only improve in the future!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.98 seconds.