V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 F1 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Apr 2019 :  20:01:31  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not even surprised if Charles had Seb's measure. I haven't seen the race but personally I feel Vettel is overrated. Leclerc is the future of Ferrari. He'll win a title for them before Vettel, of that I have no doubt. Personally I'd love for him to do it this year.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 03 Apr 2019 :  23:23:14  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Apparently LeClerc disobeyed team orders when he overtook Vettel.

He was told to stay behind for two more laps, but passed 1/2 a lap later.

Hopefully Ferrari will hold back on team orders at least until later in the season.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  10:58:15  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll make it easy.

Vettel had the better of Leclerc for the whole weekend at Albert Park. As Fbf had stated, Vettel was only under threat from Leclerc because of an inferior tyre strategy, not because of merit.

Instead of antagonising Vettel because and creating a **** team environment, just tell Leclerc to stay behind and we'll move on. Because Leclerc adhered to the order and didn't crack it, we'll remember that and make it up to him if he needs it later.

But even without that. It's late in the race, there's no pressure from 6th and there's no chance in gaining 3rd. Instead of risking the slightest chance of a collision (Which can happen as Renault guys showed in Bahrain) Just hold station, get the points, get out of here and we'll start again in Bahrain.

Then in Bahrain. I'm not sure of the merit of the order. But Ferrari we're under pressure from MB and Leclerc had the pace. So it's no big deal for Leclerc to disobey the team order, he would've been allowed to get past anyway.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  15:32:42  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This may be a little too complex for you then: http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/26503606/ferrari-continue-prioritising-sebastian-vettel-charles-leclerc
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  20:20:18  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You obviously didn't read the article. What Binotto said was perfectly understandable.

Even today, not issuing team orders in favour of Vettel earlier cost Leclerc 4th. He was holding up Vettel, and would've been beaten by him without team orders. It's just Verstappen would've been 5secs down the road by the time all the pitstops were made.

Leclerc might also want to consider that he might be the beneficiary of such a situation if he's still there after Vettel's gone.

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  20:27:57  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What Binotto said was essentially that Vettel is their no 1 and will be given favourable treatment.

Ferrari totally screwed LeClerc today. You're probably the only person on the planet who thinks otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 15 Apr 2019 :  00:01:43  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Le Clerc definitely got shafted today, but I tend to agree with journeyman re AGP. Late in the race, it was a safe call to hold station.
Everyone knew what/how it happened, Le Clerc was never a chance to knock off Seb on a similar strategy, and was only that close in the first place because of the poor Seb strategy.
Rather than let tempers flare (I'm sure Seb would've pulled something), just leave it as it was, Le Clerc will surely get his way in a similar situation...

...today wasn't that day though. Not sure either Ferrari was faster than the other, seemed to depend who had DRS (similar to Dan/Max at Baku IMO).
Should've let them race and ran a strategy to defend Max, as the Merc's were long gone.

I fear a Merc whitewash this year, with Lewis wrapping up #6. Bottas seems to be his usual self... or Lewis his usual best - who knows which is right?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 15 Apr 2019 :  06:55:33  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The problem is, as I said before then you've effectively put both drivers on the same poor strategy and as a team you're not optimising your result.

For instance, what if one of the cars in front had developed a problem that slowed it down? If LeClerc had been allowed to pass he might have been in position to benefit from it.

This early in the season they should simply let them race. Later in the season, when one driver has clear ascendancy team orders are appropriate.

This only applies to teams with sensible drivers of course. No Verstappens, Perezes or Rosbergs.

Edited by - karter on 15 Apr 2019 06:59:16
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  20:01:01  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So George Russell drove over a manhole cover that wasn't welded properly. The last thing Williams needs.

Reminded me of Winterbottom in Shanghai 2005

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  20:55:36  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, really not good enough. Those guys are so low in F1 cars something like that could be fatal.

And yeah, the last thing a team like Williams needs.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 27 Apr 2019 :  09:10:59  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep that shouldnít be happening in this day and age

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

6MMBR
Transporter Driver

Australia
17 Posts
joined 16 Aug 14

Posted - 28 Apr 2019 :  18:00:18  Show Profile Send 6MMBR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Azerbaijan: proof that not every country that CAN host a Grand Prix SHOULD host a Grand Prix.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 28 Apr 2019 :  19:55:29  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nico Rosberg on his video was saying something like the manhole incident was down to Charlie Whiting not being around.

Can you imagine the celebration all over the web had the other Ferrari stuffed it into the wall?

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 28 Apr 2019 :  21:32:48  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Would it have made you happy?

I was disappointed LeClerc crashed.

Kimi and Gasly have been DSQ'd from Quali so LeClerc is gaining places before the race even starts.

Go to Top of Page

adzy_B
V8 Champion

Australia
828 Posts
joined 06 May 09

Posted - 28 Apr 2019 :  22:51:32  Show Profile Send adzy_B a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Renault are a joke, easily the second s h i t t e s t car

Also helps when u don't back into people

Edited by - adzy_B on 28 Apr 2019 23:14:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 15.05 seconds.